Franchise Tag Tracker

ngbills

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

....and this is why i don't get excited about players until the tags are placed and teams re-sign their own FAs.

I agree. It's stupid and a waste of energy speculating on possible Bills FA targets, if most of them are eventually tagged. As others have said we might as well spend that 90M on extending existing quality players. First Ngakoue then Hunter Henry. I'm sure Cooper is next to be tagged.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

....and this is why i don't get excited about players until the tags are placed and teams re-sign their own FAs.

That’s why I tend to look for cap casualty cuts from teams. Those are usually the better value and it’s not always because the player isn’t unproductive 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/13/2020 at 4:35 PM, ColoradoBills said:

I don't get excited even if FAs aren't tagged. 

Outside of Mario Williams when was the last time the Bills snagged a Top FA? Morse, maybe? 

On 3/12/2020 at 8:33 PM, Buffalo86 said:

Projected franchise tag numbers, per Over the Cap:

• Lawson (DE) - $19.3M
  • Phillips (DT) - $15.5M
  • Spain (OL) - $16.1M

Definitely not.

...McBeane read your post and the loud thud in the background was him collapsing to the floor.............

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Anyone have a clear understanding of what the tags will look like if the new CBA is approved? 

If approved it's no longer the final year of the agreement.  If a team used both tags do they have to drop one?

One of the impacts of the CBA approval This morning is that team will not be able to use both tags. No other change has been made to the tags or their usage from what I’m reading. 

On March 13, 2020 at 2:59 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Hunter Henry just tagged. Really sucks as he was my top FA target. What's the point of having over $90M in cap room if all the better FA's are tagged.

I hope the Chargers tagged him lightly or they probably got him hurt again.

• Haha (+1) 1