Bills resign Spencer Long, Foster, and Levi

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

IDK. If we go into the season with a depth chart of A.J. Green, Brown, Beasley, Aiyuk, Foster and Roberts I don’t think too many people would complain. 

When we already have a guy who out performed Bob and two other receivers combined, I would wonder why he was on the team.
   It is a case in point of what SM said at the combine, the number one receiver trait is catching the ball, not speed, important as speed is. 

Go Bills!!!

25 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Bold strategy, mock them not being able to read, by writing something out. Seem like the kinda fella that puts speed bumps on handicap ramps.

That aside, Long is really the only player I think is worth while on that list. Would love to see Foster regain some of the rookie magic, but I think he will have a really hard time making the final roster.

Clearly he can read, he just insists on deriving the opposite conclusion from what the words clearly state.  It's a very cursed condition known as being a contrarian rabbit.  I have much experience dealing with people having this condition as I raised 2 children

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

I'm all for giving Foster a last shot...the kid has some serious burst, and has shown some connection with Allen.

Gonna have to show more though to stay on this roster this upcoming season

Here's how I look at it and MIHH too.

Foster is an OK guy.  He's a #3 WR.   When Zay Jones was THE leading WR Foster fell to the #2 WR spot and because he had 4 ish deep passes for a TD some people fell head over heals for him.

Foster has a better catch % than Zay, but that does not mean Foster is a #2 WR type of guy.  

Depth and ST's will suit him fine 

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

So I think that was the conventional wisdom but he looked like edelman at the pro bowl.  Before anyone starts with their well rehearsed zingers about the pro bowl not being like a regular game, i think the larger point is that he can obviously get open and catch the ball.  I think maybe I'd like to see a little more of him at WR?

Wasn't he fighting injuries all year?  But to your point it does seem that even when healthy he wasn't in much.

????

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Here's how I look at it and MIHH too.

Foster is an OK guy.  He's a #3 WR.   When Zay Jones was THE leading WR Foster fell to the #2 WR spot and because he had 4 ish deep passes for a TD some people fell head over heals for him.

Foster has a better catch % than Zay, but that does not mean Foster is a #2 WR type of guy.  

Depth and ST's will suit him fine 

Zay had harder hands than Roberto Duran. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Like the Spencer Long signing. Insurance if Spain doesn’t resign and is the worst case scenario. Him at LG and Ford at Tackle is still okay, though I want to see Ford at G. 

No offense, but if this happens, Beane has failed.  Long is fine.....as depth.  If he starts, our OL will be worse and that can’t happen this year

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

????

Did you watch the pro bowl?  Roberts looked good.  He had a TD and was open most plays, far in excess of what we normally saw from him in his limited opportunities to play WR during the regular season.  If you find this shocking, or controversial, perhaps it's time to find a new hobby

20 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

When we already have a guy who out performed Bob and two other receivers combined, I would wonder why he was on the team.
   It is a case in point of what SM said at the combine, the number one receiver trait is catching the ball, not speed, important as speed is. 

Go Bills!!!

In that circumstance it’d be because he actually improved and beat out the other depth guys along with teams play. I seriously doubt it happens since he’s had better coaching and more experience with Daboll’s offense than any other bills receiver. If he hasn’t gotten it by now..... However, I can’t get how long Easley stayed on the roster as a teams standout out of my head. Nor can I ignore the possibility that a rookie shines in return duties and makes Roberts expendable. 

At the end of the day I want to see 2-3 WR additions and an upgrade to RB depth. We need playmakers. I can live with Foster hanging around on the bottom of the WR depth chart if he’s making plays on teams, but I’m going to be miffed if there isn’t a massive upgrade to the position overall. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

In that circumstance it’d be because he actually improved and beat out the other depth guys along with teams play. I seriously doubt it happens since he’s had better coaching and more experience with Daboll’s offense than any other bills receiver. If he hasn’t gotten it by now..... However, I can’t get how long Easley stayed on the roster as a teams standout out of my head. Nor can I ignore the possibility that a rookie shines in return duties and makes Roberts expendable. 

At the end of the day I want to see 2-3 WR additions and an upgrade to RB depth. We need playmakers. I can live with Foster hanging around on the bottom of the WR depth chart if he’s making plays on teams, but I’m going to be miffed if there isn’t a massive upgrade to the position overall. 

Great post - second paragraph especially.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Clearly he can read, he just insists on deriving the opposite conclusion from what the words clearly state.  It's a very cursed condition known as being a contrarian rabbit.  I have much experience dealing with people having this condition as I raised 2 children

I have legit never in my life heard of a contrarian rabbit. I even went as far as googling it, and bupkiss. I understand what being contrarian, but what does the rabbit part have... ya know what, over it.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Did you watch the pro bowl?  Roberts looked good.  He had a TD and was open most plays, far in excess of what we normally saw from him in his limited opportunities to play WR during the regular season.  If you find this shocking, or controversial, perhaps it's time to find a new hobby

No, I didn't watch the pro bowl. Nothing to gain from it. There is NO defense being played in that game. You really got something out of that game compared to a regular season game that matters?! Wow! I'm sure it was flooded with scouts. You watching the pro bowl and actually taking it serious shows perhaps YOU need to find a new hobby. "He kicked ass at the pro bowl! We messed up not using him more", what a joke. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

In what world is Robert Foster a #3 WR?

Dude had 3 catches last season.... he is a borderline player to make most NFL rosters. 

The Bills have currently little to nothing behind Brown and Beasley. What are you guys watching? 

are you confused because you disagreed with me or that  some people fell head over heals for him?   (posted before I read your response) 

I see.    So you kind of agree

Foster is a "Fill in".  I classify that as a #3 guy 

I was surprised he made the team last year myself.  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Long and Foster raise the floor on this team. Wallace potentially raises the ceiling as well. He was playing good football last year when he got hurt. 

Wallace started having his troubles after the bye, but seems to recover a little by the end of the season.

Wallace still has a chance of being a solid No.2 CB and now having Norman will set the bar higher for Wallace.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't expect any of these guys to start.  So, PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Kidding.  all of these guys are good backups.  Long looked decent when pressed into service last year and is a great backup to have.  Get the backups done now so you don't overpay for them later.  I expect we draft an OT, and perhaps get one in FA. 

Levi is a borderline starter prior to his injury.  A great backup.  I also expect a CB drafted (and we got Norman).  We can still get Johnson back.  

Foster is pure depth.  If he gets back to where he was in 2018 that is a HUGE positive.  He's a #2 WR with that type of year--well, that type of 2nd half of 2018, and would be our 4th.    I think the FO has seen some good things from him in the offseason to keep him.  

46 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Miffed is a nice way of putting it, ? I agree with you on adding/upgrading to the receivers room. Imo STs should never out way needs on offense,  as has been the case this past season, and we suffered because of that decision making. It would be nice if the bottom end of the receivers roster had over a 60% catch percentage, I don’t think that is to much to ask for. 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

We'd have to witness a minor miracle. Last year was big step back for him after he showed some promise in his rookie year. 

Was it?  In 2018 the Bills had nobody, and Foster was still raw.  Last year they had two veteran WRs in front of him.  It would have been a surprise to see Foster take reps away from Brown or Beasley.  I think a 2nd full offseason in the workout program and more familiarity with the offense, combined with his obvious physical skills, could result in Foster being a much more viable option.  We'll see.

• Like (+1) 1