Bills resign Spencer Long, Foster, and Levi

There isn't a Bills fan alive that doesn't think the Bills need two more WRs with at least one having the potential / reality of being a truly great boundary WR. However, even with those additions, Foster had a really strong Rookie year with Josh and I wonder if he can find some of that electricity again with Josh. Foster *can* be a valuable commodity for the Bills Offense, IF he can come out and play more than just the long ball or the gadget sweep plays. He needs to be physical at the point of attack, run sharp routes and use his speed in space. We'll see if he can make the next step.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm guessing they add at least two good options at WR. At least two.... I don't see him being on the final roster. 

My comment was with regard to Spencer Long.

But I do agree that they should be adding enough options at WR to push Foster off the roster. ST could be his saving grace depending on how things play out.

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm guessing they add at least two good options at WR. At least two.... I don't see him being on the final roster. 

They like Roberts for his ST ability.... he's useless as a WR.

So I think that was the conventional wisdom but he looked like edelman at the pro bowl.  Before anyone starts with their well rehearsed zingers about the pro bowl not being like a regular game, i think the larger point is that he can obviously get open and catch the ball.  I think maybe I'd like to see a little more of him at WR?

13 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I still cant explain what happened to Foster last year. Not a process guy? What gives? 

Wasn't he fighting injuries all year?  But to your point it does seem that even when healthy he wasn't in much.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

So I think that was the conventional wisdom but he looked like edelman at the pro bowl.  Before anyone starts with their well rehearsed zingers about the pro bowl not being like a regular game, i think the larger point is that he can obviously get open and catch the ball.  I think maybe I'd like to see a little more of him at WR?

Wasn't he fighting injuries all year?  But to your point it does seem that even when healthy he wasn't in much.

Wait, Robert Foster made the Pro Bowl this year?! If true, I fee l like I've been living under a rock. You're sure about that?

I liked the comparison with Foster to how the Steelers develop their WR's, to where they have these guys that come out of nowhere in their 2nd, 3rd, 4th year in the league and everyone wonders where this guy came from....

Not saying he'll ever get to a point where he's a reliable contributor, but it certainly seems Buffalo sees something in order to keep working on developing him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

I'll be using Foster as a yardstick. If he's still on the roster come September then we probably haven't improved the WR corps. 

Or, he has worked really hard this offseason and shows some natural progression into year 3.

Just a thought.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

It would be like drafting Leodis all over again. :thumbsup:

Sheeeeet, point blank, period

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What is interesting is the Pegula Future Son in Law did not get the offer yet and he is a EFRA as wel. 

I met him at the Gala that Thurman Thomas hosted this year.  He is one of the nicest guys, so was Tre!

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Possible as the last WR. If Foster is still somehow 4th or 5th on the depth chart entering the season then they didn't do nearly enough at the position. 

I didn't say he's a lock.  I said it's a little premature to claim that if he's on the team the Bills haven't "done enough" with the WR corps.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Possible as the last WR. If Foster is still somehow 4th or 5th on the depth chart entering the season then they didn't do nearly enough at the position. 

IDK. If we go into the season with a depth chart of A.J. Green, Brown, Beasley, Aiyuk, Foster and Roberts I don’t think too many people would complain. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Sorry about your reading disability

Bold strategy, mock them not being able to read, by writing something out. Seem like the kinda fella that puts speed bumps on handicap ramps.

That aside, Long is really the only player I think is worth while on that list. Would love to see Foster regain some of the rookie magic, but I think he will have a really hard time making the final roster.

46 minutes ago, eball said:

Or, he has worked really hard this offseason and shows some natural progression into year 3.

Just a thought.

We'd have to witness a minor miracle. Last year was big step back for him after he showed some promise in his rookie year. 

Good move Long has the versatility McD covets in his players & The other 2 players they get at a vet minimum as far as their contracts go & probably can be cut with no huge ramifications as far as their contracts Beane continues his good judgement for the team !!