Bills resign Spencer Long, Foster, and Levi

24 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Miffed is a nice way of putting it, ? I agree with you on adding/upgrading to the receivers room. Imo STs should never out way needs on offense,  as has been the case this past season, and we suffered because of that decision making. It would be nice if the bottom end of the receivers roster had over a 60% catch percentage, I don’t think that is to much to ask for. 

Go Bills!!!

I’ve tempered my language on MBs ever since I got put in “jail” on BBMB for a massive anti Jauron rant during the 08’ season. ?‍♂️?

I don’t like the overemphasis on teamers at the cost of offensive and defensive talent. With that said, poor teams play can break a season. Still.... I think getting a top punter would have a greater effect than keeping a top gunner. Most franchises have a few roster spots for teams though, and I can live with that. What I’d like to see is a few more active roster spots in the new CBA for teams and developmental players.

I’d like to see McKenzie upgraded. On top of that I think every receiver spot not claimed by Brown and Beasley can be upgraded 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

NEVER!  Guaranteed first team pro bowl!  Here comes a 75 page thread.  ?

what ever happened to that Bama lovin poster?   The one who said that Alabama was Cambridge/MIT/Harvard all rolled into one?

4 hours ago, H2o said:

I can't believe someone beat Yolo and Reed83HOF to the punch, that is more shocking than the re-signings :lol:

Meh - wasn't worth my time LMAO

I was asleep - 4 hours ago = 5am in Los Angeles

On a side note, glad to see we kept these guys

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

what ever happened to that Bama lovin poster?   The one who said that Alabama was Cambridge/MIT/Harvard all rolled into one?

Arrested for getting Lori Laughlin’s kid into college under false pretenses?

That, or his chute didn’t open.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

No offense, but if this happens, Beane has failed.  Long is fine.....as depth.  If he starts, our OL will be worse and that can’t happen this year

While I agree that we definately should not be done in upgrading.....from what I saw last year if a starting guard went down during the season I have confidence Spencer Long could step in and not miss a beat.

I mean...that is the definition of backup and Long backs up 3 spots...that is why I am glad he is back

3 hours ago, eball said:

Was it?  In 2018 the Bills had nobody, and Foster was still raw.  Last year they had two veteran WRs in front of him.  It would have been a surprise to see Foster take reps away from Brown or Beasley.  I think a 2nd full offseason in the workout program and more familiarity with the offense, combined with his obvious physical skills, could result in Foster being a much more viable option.  We'll see.

Re-signing him in a no-brainer.  While last year was disappointing, it's not like the Bills are replete with WR talent and he's got value as a gunner at least.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’ve tempered my language on MBs ever since I got put in “jail” on BBMB for a massive anti Jauron rant during the 08’ season. ?‍♂️?

Around here, that rant probably would get you elected to office at least at the state level.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

While I agree that we definately should not be done in upgrading.....from what I saw last year if a starting guard went down during the season I have confidence Spencer Long could step in and not miss a beat.

I mean...that is the definition of backup and Long backs up 3 spots...that is why I am glad he is back

I’m glad he’s back too.  Never understood the talk of cutting him over 3.5 mill.  Makes zero sense.  He’s a great backup imo.  But if he’s our opening day starter (barring injury), than Beane screwed up with the OL

7 hours ago, BritBill said:

I'll be using Foster as a yardstick. If he's still on the roster come September then we probably haven't improved the WR corps. 

That's foolish thinking

Players can improve and he had a hell of an end to his rookie campaign and was banged up last year

His physical attributes are top notch , enough for another look

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

No reason for him to sign any offer, since he is a future owner of the Bills.

Wouldn’t that be a hoot if it actually happened...Croom goes all Jerry Jones, demands a $1 trillion dollar stadium be built.  Croom is delivered to his owner’s suite (now the entire upper deck) by sedan chair.  He hires the LA graphic artist to ‘reimagine’ the Bills logo, helmet, and uniform colours...?

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's foolish thinking

Players can improve and he had a hell of an end to his rookie campaign and was banged up last year

My expectations  of Foster were so off last year I pulled them all the way back to "if he is a very good ST's gunner he can stay"

Really wish Robert Foster would realize that true potential.....or they change the way they use him for him to be successful....or whatever

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's foolish thinking

It's not like the Bills are replete with WR talent.  It's Brown and Beasley and then...

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

My expectations  of Foster were so off last year I pulled them all the way back to "if he is a very good ST's gunner he can stay"

Really wish Robert Foster would realize that true potential.....or they change the way they use him for him to be successful....or whatever

He was UDFA for a reason... Maddening inconsistent

He can pull through but he needs to work on alot

But the talent is there

36 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Wouldn’t that be a hoot if it actually happened...Croom goes all Jerry Jones, demands a $1 trillion dollar stadium be built.  Croom is delivered to his owner’s suite (now the entire upper deck) by sedan chair.  He hires the LA graphic artist to ‘reimagine’ the Bills logo, helmet, and uniform colours...?

You're scaring me.

• Haha (+1) 1