GDT: Iowa Caucus

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

wait.. are you saying Bernie had a son at an energy company in Ukraine as well? damn those Democrats, it seems they all put their progeny in areas that are conflicts of interest!

after last night, he Probably should have gone after Mayor Pete's son.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Soros and a bunch of unions.   Wow.

They built an app with a kill switch for the big cheeses as a way to stop Bernie.

Or......they didn't do a trial run with the app and used it when it wasn't ready because they're incompetent.  Just from a common sense perspective, the last thing the DNC wants to do after the bad reputation they got in 2016 is to make it look like they're rigging the primaries.    

The funny thing with the Dems making the process more transferable due to Bernie Sanders complaints in 2016 have created all this chaos in 2020 (now reporting the popular vote, first round votes, 2nd round votes instead of just the delegates).  Now, it's rigged against Bernie again even though it hurts Buttigieg more as he won't get that traditional Iowa bounce.  Maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't try to appease the radical/conspiratorial portion of the base.

• Haha (+1) 1

Pffft!

Have you been paying attention to American politics the last 4 years? You think they are more worried about their reputation, than about Ernie Sanders winning the nomination?

The last thing the DNC wants is to have Bernie win the nomination. They will do whatever it takes.

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

Perhaps a hearing is in order.

what?? it's already been debunked. move along, nothing to see here!

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Or......they didn't do a trial run with the app and used it when it wasn't ready because they're incompetent.  Just from a common sense perspective, the last thing the DNC wants to do after the bad reputation they got in 2016 is to make it look like they're rigging the primaries.    

The funny thing with the Dems making the process more transferable due to Bernie Sanders complaints in 2016 have created all this chaos in 2020 (now reporting the popular vote, first round votes, 2nd round votes instead of just the delegates).  Now, it's rigged against Bernie again even though it hurts Buttigieg more as he won't get that traditional Iowa bounce.  Maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't try to appease the radical/conspiratorial portion of the base.

the last thing the Dems want, is often the first thing that they do.

Edited by Foxx

2 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

Pffft!

Have you been paying attention to American politics the last 4 years? You think they are more worried about their reputation, than about Ernie Sanders winning the nomination?

The last thing the DNC wants is to have Bernie win the nomination. They will do whatever it takes.

Ernie? I know it’s a type-o but it really made me laugh. ?

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I might have believed that until the composition of Shadow was revealed.

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

a day later and we still only have 71%.

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/1225054595036172291

Hopefully, it's true that Sanders sent his own workers out to verify results.  Hopefully, Sanders does not receive a call wanting to know what it would take for him to accept a screwing in Iowa.  Hopefully, Sanders does not consider accepting another vacation home.

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

... Hopefully, it's true that Sanders sent his own workers out to verify results.  Hopefully, Sanders does not receive a call wanting to know what it would take for him to accept a screwing in Iowa.  Hopefully, Sanders does not consider accepting another vacation home.

somewhere upthread, i posted the numbers Sanders put out. it was close.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're lucky, it really IS  Soros in control of the app to sway the results. It's the kind of thing that would absolutely infuriate the moderate Dems; to the extent, I believe, that it would drive the Dems to move off the AOC Q-tip nutbag ledge and back to the right a bit, where election victories remain. On a national scale, AOC Q-tip nutbag left will lose every time. But center left moderate can compete and win.

So again, if it's SOROs, there's a chance that reaction will blow it all up to help make Democrats relevant again on the national stage.

Alternately, if it really is incompetence, there's no quick fix for that and the left will continue to lose for a longer period of time. At the very least, until you find another smooth-talking groove machine like Obama. And give the top tier of angry white people at the top, I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

If you're lucky, it really IS  Soros in control of the app to sway the results. It's the kind of thing that would absolutely infuriate the moderate Dems; to the extent, I believe, that it would drive the Dems to move off the AOC Q-tip nutbag ledge and back to the right a bit, where election victories remain. On a national scale, AOC Q-tip nutbag left will lose every time. But center left moderate can compete and win.

So again, if it's SOROs, there's a chance that reaction will blow it all up to help make Democrats relevant again on the national stage.

Alternately, if it really is incompetence, there's no quick fix for that and the left will continue to lose for a longer period of time. At the very least, until you find another smooth-talking groove machine like Obama. And give the top tier of angry white people at the top, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Get rid of caucuses and switch to popular vote primaries.  Divide the delegates by vote share percentage.  I get the rationale but it seems antiquated at this point when voters are demanding more transparency.  

• Like (+1) 1

...oh no....."Attack Dawg Joe"......Kerry's swift boat is available to rent.........

Biden goes on attack, slams Buttigieg and Sanders after taking ‘gut punch’ in Iowa

SOMERSWORTH, N.H.  -- Former Vice President Joe Biden cranked up the volume Wednesday in his attacks against two of his top rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination – Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont and former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg.

Speaking to an audience in this small southeastern New Hampshire city the morning after delayed partial returns from the Iowa caucuses showed Biden in fourth place -- trailing Buttigieg, Sanders and Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts -- the former vice president admitted, “I’m not going to sugarcoat it. We took a gut punch in Iowa.”

Biden acknowledged that “this is not the first time in my life I’ve been knocked down.”

But he vowed that “we are going to come back” and pledged that “I’m going to fight for this nomination. I’m going to fight for it here in New Hampshire, and in Nevada and then in South Carolina and beyond.”

Biden’s lackluster performance in the Iowa caucuses makes a strong finish in next week’s primary in New Hampshire even more imperative.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-goes-on-attack-slams-buttigieg-and-sanders-after-taking-gut-punch-in-iowa