GDT: Iowa Caucus

Don Lemon on CNN Yesterday: "Today in Iowa the Democrats, also known as the Party of the People, take their first shot at reclaiming this country from the hands of oppression, ignorance, and deplorability. This opening salvo will be but one of many attacks launched between now and November with one central goal: Blowing Donald Trump and his Russian, Redknecked, stupid, ignorant, supporters right out of the White House. He's never belonged there, and he cannot stay. Now. Lets take a live look at the Democrats as they prepare for this historic battle for the fabric of Democracy, and this country" :

giphy.gif 

• Haha (+1) 6

Just now, Foxx said:

do i get a do over?

I think in 2008 they wiped out the FL results for something similar, but I forget the details (wasn't paying as close attention back then). Pretty sure there's a precedent for just ignoring the results all together. 

Which would help Biden. And is why they'll do it (more than likely). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

"7:40 AM Sen. Durbin says it’s time for Iowa caucuses to end/7:35 AM Howard Dean says Iowa shouldn’t be first caucus anymore..."

I'm reading headlines at the Washington Post.

You see what they are doing? They're blaming Iowa. It's not the fault of the Democratic Party. It's Iowa's fault.

Yet again, Dems lose or eff something up, and they immediately want to change the system.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

So you did catch the lunchtime flight to DesMoines after all.

You just wait until the results are announced and....wait for it....

Tiberius is the winner of the Iowa caucuses! 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: That guy looks like he's never flipped a quarter before, or seen it done. 

The real New Democrat Way is to just identify as the quarter and throw yourself on the floor.

This kid screwed it up.

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Coin flipping is an intrinsic skill that one learns during the important time in life known as Puberty. 

right. apparently the Dems still have not ascended to that critical life stage.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You just wait until the results are announced and....wait for it....

Tiberius is the winner of the Iowa caucuses! 

And I think you'd have as good a chance in the general as any of the other candidates.  Best of luck. 

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Good work, DNC. 

That's because DHS would have pointed out the obvious flaws that the DNC specifically asked for.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Legit question regarding the apparently failed Iowa Caucuses for the Dems that venture to this portion of the board.  Are you ticked off, embarrassed, indifferent, or other by what appears to this outsider to be either gross corruption or gross incompetence?  Suppose in fairness, it could be both.

And, considering the D party always claims to be the party of the little guy (or the person without a voice to be less gender specific), does it ever get frustrating to see them once again act in a manner that only helps the established power structure?  (Not expecting an answer to that one, but would appreciate any feedback you wouldn't mind supplying.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Has anyone bothered to look into whether the new app was actually, y'know, tested before last night? Did they do a succesful dry run with everyone and then it failed last night, or is it even remotely possible no one tested the app before live bullets were flying?

• Haha (+1) 1

Went camping for the weekend and camp back to this giant LOL in Iowa. From the ten minutes I've spent reading on it all I can do is shake my head - same old bull. I'm not sure I care enough yet to be pissed.

In other news, there's nothing like listening to the super bowl over some AM airwaves around a bonfire with the northern lights overhead. 

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Has anyone bothered to look into whether the new app was actually, y'know, tested before last night? Did they do a succesful dry run with everyone and then it failed last night, or is it even remotely possible no one tested the app before live bullets were flying?

I read they had a chance to test it but didn't! WTF

28 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Some engineers are that arrogant that a test will not be performed ahead of the time a product is needed.  I've seen it happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1