GDT: Iowa Caucus

11 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

.....is what YOUR shrink told you at your 8AM appointment this morning.  It's been fun but I am thinking that an ignore by me is in your future.  If you hurry you can make the lunchtime flight to DesMoines.

Oh, not an ignore from another kitty. 

44 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Bernie is winning this caucus and this nomination. I'm sure his policies are not (at all) popular in these parts, but he's the only candidate on the left that anyone is voting "FOR." They tried the vote against Trump method last time and failed.

And I believe Bernie would win Michigan, which is gonna end up being a pivotal state. People there are just frustrated because it flat out sucks. They're still not doing well despite the strong economy, so enough of them will be very open to trying a different "radical" approach.

Michigan will never go for Bernie.  Never in the General.

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Glad health care is the main issue on voters minds no matter who wins.

bd9a696e-5195-494b-9680-fe2ff4ff0d1d.png

I agree.

Senator Murphy does not.

Does anybody outside of the Tibs/QBABY/ Buseys of the world believe that "woke child" crap ?

?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Michigan will never go for Bernie.  Never in the General.

Eh. You just might be surprised. Trump beat Clinton by .23 percent in 2016, and Michigan went blue in 2018. I'll just add that while I greatly appreciate the dialogue here and understanding opposing viewpoints, TBD is not really a great barometer of the country as a whole. Trump's numbers are rising and he's right around that 46 percent mark which gave him a slim victory against Clinton, so the likelihood is that this election will also be close. The economy is definitely better, but there are still a lot of folks feeling left behind.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I agree.

Senator Murphy does not.

Does anybody outside of the Tibs/QBABY/ Buseys of the world believe that "woke child" crap ?

?

11 year olds are consistently the best source of wisdom we have. He has a point. 

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

OPERATION: STOP BERNIE continues..............

just read a statement from the Iowa State Democratic Party on @MSNBC

-- the party says it's doing "quality control on the results out of an abundance of caution," and "there is no ETA" on releasing them. #IowaCaucus

Thumbnail
  •  
  •  

I'm hearing the Russian's hacked the caucus app.  Schiff will comment on it tomorrow but it may be Trump who is ultimately responsible. 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I'm hearing the Russian's hacked the caucus app.  Schiff will comment on it tomorrow but it may be Trump who is ultimately responsible. 

Either that, or a commie is winning.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Bernie is winning this caucus and this nomination. I'm sure his policies are not (at all) popular in these parts, but he's the only candidate on the left that anyone is voting "FOR." They tried the vote against Trump method last time and failed.

And I believe Bernie would win Michigan, which is gonna end up being a pivotal state. People there are just frustrated because it flat out sucks. They're still not doing well despite the strong economy, so enough of them will be very open to trying a different "radical" approach.

He was the only candidate any Dem voted "FOR" in 2016, too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

DEBACLE: CNN’s Wolf Blitzer: ‘Something’s Going On’ with Delayed Iowa Caucus Results.

Things are not going as planned at the Iowa caucuses tonight. By now we should have had the results for the first round, and probably the second—possibly even the final results. But that’s not what’s happening. CNN’s Wolf Blitzer summed it up succinctly just now: “Something’s going on.” . . .

No one knows what’s going on at this point, but there are some reports that the app is not working correctly.

Plus:

Former Obama staffer Van Jones just said, “This is starting to feel like, possibly, a real debacle, where if there’s some technical problems that they’re not disclosing we could be very late on this. He went on to call for an end to caucuses.

Weird, they always worked fine before. Now it’s a “debacle.” But these people want to run America?

“Is running the entire country’s healthcare harder or easier than managing the Iowa caucus? Asking for a friend,” the Daily Wire tweets.

hanging-chad-guy-new.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
    • Haha (+1) 1