GDT: Iowa Caucus

I'll make a bold statement - the press will prognosticate this one wrong too.

I personally can't see people really voting for Bernie Sanders when it's time to go.  It won't surprise me to see Klobuchar win it in Iowa because she's one of them.

They can have THREE “winners.” The Dems are so f’ed up. Whoever gets the mst votes in round one, then who gets the most in the subsequent caucuses, then whoever gets the most delegates. F’ed up... but that’s the definition of the Dems. 

34 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I'll make a bold statement - the press will prognosticate this one wrong too.

I personally can't see people really voting for Bernie Sanders when it's time to go.  It won't surprise me to see Klobuchar win it in Iowa because she's one of them.

Bernie has his fanatics, he will get votes. Be interesting to see what happens to the second chance voters, the ones that move after initial voting 

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So the weekend failed to cure your stupidity, I see...

.....is what YOUR shrink told you at your 8AM appointment this morning.  It's been fun but I am thinking that an ignore by me is in your future.  If you hurry you can make the lunchtime flight to DesMoines.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

.....is what YOUR shrink told you at your 8AM appointment this morning.  It's been fun but I am thinking that an ignore by me is in your future.  If you hurry you can make the lunchtime flight to DesMoines.

Please. 

Bernie is winning this caucus and this nomination. I'm sure his policies are not (at all) popular in these parts, but he's the only candidate on the left that anyone is voting "FOR." They tried the vote against Trump method last time and failed.

And I believe Bernie would win Michigan, which is gonna end up being a pivotal state. People there are just frustrated because it flat out sucks. They're still not doing well despite the strong economy, so enough of them will be very open to trying a different "radical" approach.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Bernie is winning this caucus and this nomination. I'm sure his policies are not (at all) popular in these parts, but he's the only candidate on the left that anyone is voting "FOR." They tried the vote against Trump method last time and failed.

And I believe Bernie would win Michigan, which is gonna end up being a pivotal state. People there are just frustrated because it flat out sucks. They're still not doing well despite the strong economy, so enough of them will be very open to trying a different "radical" approach.

If the DNC doesn't cheat... Bernie wins. 

They've already begun to cheat (again) though, so he likely will not be the nominee. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If the DNC doesn't cheat... Bernie wins. 

They've already begun to cheat (again) though, so he likely will not be the nominee. 

Possibly. I think they've been backed into a corner and the Sanders folks are VERY aggressively trying to ensure this thing is fair.

We shall see. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

They're still not doing well despite the strong economy, so enough of them will be very open to trying a different "radical" approach.

If you're not doing well with this economy, you deserve a millionaire candidate who owns three houses while yelling at everyone that millionaires are the reason you're not doing well in this economy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Possibly. I think they've been backed into a corner and the Sanders folks are VERY aggressively trying to ensure this thing is fair.

We shall see. 

I hope you're right -- but I just don't see a leopard changing its spots. 

The question will be, if they do cheat Bernie again, what happens next?

• Like (+1) 1

Well, Trump is obviously re-elected. Beyond that, who knows?

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Well, Trump is obviously re-elected. Beyond that, who knows?

I think that's a forgone conclusion regardless of who wins the nomination ;) (I know we disagree there). But I should have clarified, I meant to ask what would folks like yourself and others who consider themselves democrats (I may be wrong about your identification -- please correct me if I am, no disrespect intended) and/or Bernie supporters do with regards to the party itself? 

It's hypothetical of course, it's just a scenario that intrigues me. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know.

As we all mentioned in 2015, when Hillary was coronated,

Thanks to the selfishness of Barack Obama, the Democrat Party had been decimated.

There are simply NO younger leaders.

This is STILL the case.

Who would be able to position themselves for 2024.

• Like (+1) 2

I think that's a forgone conclusion regardless of who wins the nomination ;) (I know we disagree there). But I should have clarified, I meant to ask what would folks like yourself and others who consider themselves democrats (I may be wrong about your identification -- please correct me if I am, no disrespect intended) and/or Bernie supporters do with regards to the party itself? 

It's hypothetical of course, it's just a scenario that intrigues me. 

It would depend on the degree of cheating, but I'll give you an honest answer and say I would vote for whoever they nominate.

• Thank you (+1) 1