GDT: Iowa Caucus

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Bernie is winning this caucus and this nomination. I'm sure his policies are not (at all) popular in these parts, but he's the only candidate on the left that anyone is voting "FOR." They tried the vote against Trump method last time and failed.

And I believe Bernie would win Michigan, which is gonna end up being a pivotal state. People there are just frustrated because it flat out sucks. They're still not doing well despite the strong economy, so enough of them will be very open to trying a different "radical" approach.

I think you’re missing the historical context... the DNC doesn’t want Bernie in the drivers seat of a campaign, and they don’t care if he’s the only horse in their stable with legs. Same song second verse. I think Bernie (though I despise him, personally) has the best chance of beating trump because he invigorates the “ignorant youth” movement. But the powers that be in the DNC won’t have it. Tonight is proof positive of that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Could the problem stem from the Democrats’ inability to find any state on a map that isn’t bordered by the ocean? 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Someone should start an email campaign and just send pictures of the Iowa Democrats Logo. Suspiciousness discovered. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Could the problem stem from the Democrats’ inability to find any state on a map that isn’t bordered by the ocean? 

Hey.  If climate change is all its cracked up to be Iowa will be a coastal state soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Eh. You just might be surprised. Trump beat Clinton by .23 percent in 2016, and Michigan went blue in 2018. I'll just add that while I greatly appreciate the dialogue here and understanding opposing viewpoints, TBD is not really a great barometer of the country as a whole. Trump's numbers are rising and he's right around that 46 percent mark which gave him a slim victory against Clinton, so the likelihood is that this election will also be close. The economy is definitely better, but there are still a lot of folks feeling left behind.

It'll be all about turnout like every election.  I just try and find the most charismatic candidate regardless of policy when it comes to predictions.  Every president since Reagan was more charismatic than their competitor in my opinion.  I'll call Dukakis and the first Bush a draw (Reagan carried Bush Sr.).  None of these candidates really out trump Trump when it comes to charisma so my hopes aren't high.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

BREAKING NEWS

AP Release  - Des Moines, IA -- Democratic party officials have announced the landslide winner of the Iowa caucus is Hillary Clinton.   In unrelated news, Mayor Pete Buttigieg was involved in a serious auto accident leaving his campaign headquarters.  No immediate information on his condition is available.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Matt Gaetz just now in an interview: "If Joe Biden had won tonight, I bet you we would have had the results by now"

Amazing....they really tanked their entire caucus after realizing everyone voted for Bernie and Buttigieg over the big $ party favorites, didn't they?

You have to respect corruption that is that brazen.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Amazing....they really tanked their entire caucus after realizing everyone voted for Bernie and Buttigieg over the big $ party favorites, didn't they?

You have to respect corruption that is that brazen.

They had someone named Tammy Hall in charge. 

At least he didn't purchase a phony dossier on his opponents, right?

-----------------------------------------------

Tonight is awesome. 

-------------------------------

Tuesday of which week?

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Hedge said:

At least he didn't purchase a phony dossier on his opponents, right?

It's still too early. I think that having lost to Trump, which was unthinkable to them, this year "they" will pull all the stops to control every aspect of the process they can, by hook or by crook. They won't risk anything. There will be more of this kind of blatant interference as we go along.

I can't wait to see the disillusion in the eyes of the Democrats that surround me. To hear their half-hearted attempts to rationalize their Party's corruption, and smear tactics. They need to get the full experience. They really deserve it.

I think the Dems are still working under the delusion that they can control the message, and shape the narrative enough to keep their sheep in line. That it's been effective enough with Trump, so that means it can be effective within their own party.

It's become the ingrained in the Party to work this way.

Edited by 32ABBA

2 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Even by ultra-low Democrat standards, this is a complete farce.

Couldn't organise a root in a brothel, so what hope have any of them got in running the biggest economy on the planet?

image.thumb.png.7c6dc90c5553dfb21459274cd0655820.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

The app was intended to help the precinct chairs record the results from each round of voting and take care of the delegate math. Then the precinct chair was supposed to use the app to send the results to the Iowa Democratic Party.

But critics expressed concern about the reliability of the app given security concerns around the 2020 elections. Cybersecurity experts also roundly criticized the Iowa Democratic Party’s decision to not identify the app maker publicly or allow it to be subject to open security and reliability testing.

The cybersecurity wing of the Department of Homeland Security recently offered to do some security testing on the app but the Iowa Democratic Party declined the outreach, according to people familiar with the matter. DHS declined to comment on the app, referring questions to the Iowa Democratic Party.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hedge said:

Bernie obviously hasn't gotten the memo that Pete won.

Narrator: That would be a hard "no".

If those results prove accurate that's good for Sanders and great for Buttigieg.  Horrible for Biden.

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

Paper ballots and primaries should be the standard.  Get rid of caucuses.  Bernie and Biden pry had to be explained what an app is.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1