PFF's Big Board (I know I know, but hear me out)

DCOrange

2 hours ago, DJB said:

I'll help. Lamb and Jeudy. 

Lets make the move for Lamb if he slips past the top 8! 

pay the draft capitol to get the slam dunk #1 of this offense in the draft, CeeDee lamb, and lock him in below market value for 5 years based on rookie contracts.

He is the playmaker that will help Josh take the next step.

Window is open for 2-3 years if josh is a slightly above average QB because his contract advantage. If he develops to his ceiling the window stays open for 7-10.

Joshes contract is only an advantage if we spend to cap. I wanna start taking those big swings, open the check book and pursue top end talent in contracts you can escape when Joshes contract comes around..if needed

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Right now a McKenzie replacement is probably way down Beane's list of priorities.  When they do get a receiver in either the draft or free agency, I believe they will be looking for a guy with decent size, speed and hands to play outside opposite Brown.  I think they will pass on getting another smurf.  Their activity in free agency as well as the value of the available players at pick 22 will determine whether they go WR, DE, or fill another need. 

They don’t need to replace McKenzie with another Smurf. SF uses Deebo Samuel for the same type of plays. The aforementioned Cordarrelle Patterson is bigger than Shenault.  

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Maybe Beane won't have to trade up.    Epenesa only fits a 4-3 scheme, limiting his desirability for many teams.    Bucky Brooks mocked him to the Bills in his draft yesterday:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001099246/article/bucky-brooks-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-jordan-love-to-saints

Certainly possible. It’s difficult to predict where a lot of these guys go before the combine, team visits, etc. There are usually a few surprise picks (Daniel Jones) every year too, which can make other guys (Oliver) drop. 

for me,  priority #1is RT....hopefully they can fix that internally with a healthy Ty Nsekhe. move Ford to LG. get rid of spain.

priority #2 - edge.....possibly take care of in free agency....otherwise i expect beane to use first round pick here.

priority #3 - RB ....keep singletary, get rid of everyone else.

priority # 4 - TE...keep knox, get rid of everyone else

priority #5 - CB.....need a quality corner opposite tre

priority #6 - WR.....we have so many needs that WR is 6th......i think this gets addressed in free agency

40 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

That's a good point re: Epenesa - wouldn't hate that either, though I'm skeptical of a trade up, depending entirely on what we'd give up. 

I still think you see a run on WR in the second - which gives me hesitation with a trade-up as you'd have to trust the WR depth lasting into the late 3rd and 4th rounds for our pick (assuming we give up our second for a trade up scenario). I'd rather see us sit pretty at 22, but if he's that sold on Epenesa he's proven to be unafraid of moving up for that guy. It could also be there's a pass rusher or OL that falls in the first and second that would be worth moving on, but if we see a trade up I think it might actually come in the second or third to move up for a guy - especially with our package of late round picks this year.

I’m not big on trade ups, but we’ve done a good job since Beane has arrived (post Zay). I do like what I’ve seen from Epenesa though, so if Beane’s all in on the guy I’m okay with it. That said, I expect him to address any perceived holes before the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

Actually I am, but the way the Bills have handled their young QB makes me go bananas. I love a lot about where this team is, but some things I don’t know how we’ll address. It is just torture that we NEEDED receiver help for Allen more than anything else. Two of the best ones to come along in a decade were there for the taking in the 2nd round and we took a Tackle that people thought would have to move to guard instead. This isn’t hindsight either, it should have been a no brainer last year.

We had a really easy schedule this year and if our team doesn’t blow a couple winnable games we could have had homefield advantage in the playoffs and possibly wound up playing this weekend. Great that the team is getting better, but sometimes these missed opportunities are the best chance you ever get. I worry that we blew our best chance at a SB run with McD this year. I don’t think our schedule or injuries will be as manageable next year.

First, is it really that disappointing that we passed on two prospects (one of which was no sure thing) in the draft last year, when the draft this year is supposed to be one of the best WR drafts in recent history?  Sure, we didn't get THOSE guys, but we have a chance for as good or better this year, without having to reach. 

Second, do you really think we blew our best chance at a SB run?  I mean, if we need THAT much luck, why not just fire the staff, go back to Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley, draft and sign as much "talent" as we can find, and just wait for them to hopefully play as a unit on a year that we have no injuries and an easy schedule?  Why worry about building a consistent winning program?  Is that all you're hoping for, year in and year out?  A lot of luck?

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ruggs is my guy.  I don’t care about drafting a 6’4” WR who can “high point” the ball.  Ruggs just makes plays.  I want that.

same here brother.  I want Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs.  Those 3 are worth trade up.  If none of those 3 are there at 22, wait another round for WR, perhaps trading back for the right deal

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Estro said:

I compared Shenault to Patterson in last weeks Mel Kiper mock draft thread, I guess I'm no the only one who doesn't really see a refined WR in Shenault.

Allen doesn't need a refined WR.

What Allen needs is a big WR with good hands who will fight for the ball and will find ways to get open when plays break down and Allen moves from the pocket and looks to throw the ball.

Allen isn't, at least at this point, a precise timing QB in the sense that he needs his WR to be at "X" spot at "Y" time.  For a young QB, get a guy who can get open for him and he can get the ball to.

Shenault sounds like one of the most exciting WRs in this draft, to me.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Maybe Beane won't have to trade up.    Epenesa only fits a 4-3 scheme, limiting his desirability for many teams.    Bucky Brooks mocked him to the Bills in his draft yesterday:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001099246/article/bucky-brooks-2020-nfl-mock-draft-10-jordan-love-to-saints

FWIW, Charlie Campbell is reporting that every team he’s spoken to views Epenesa as a 3-4 DE and an iffy fit in a 4-3 front. 

6 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Death, taxes, and the OP shilling for PFF.

:P

Hey, whenever you read “hear me out” it’s a clue as to what’s next. Kind of like “no disrespect, but....” You know what’s next! 

7 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

Actually I am, but the way the Bills have handled their young QB makes me go bananas. I love a lot about where this team is, but some things I don’t know how we’ll address. It is just torture that we NEEDED receiver help for Allen more than anything else. Two of the best ones to come along in a decade were there for the taking in the 2nd round and we took a Tackle that people thought would have to move to guard instead. This isn’t hindsight either, it should have been a no brainer last year.

We had a really easy schedule this year and if our team doesn’t blow a couple winnable games we could have had homefield advantage in the playoffs and possibly wound up playing this weekend. Great that the team is getting better, but sometimes these missed opportunities are the best chance you ever get. I worry that we blew our best chance at a SB run with McD this year. I don’t think our schedule or injuries will be as manageable next year.

You May have forgot this but our OL had to be addressed  !!!  so I’m not upset at all if McBean was trying to keep Allen from getting killed , if the Tackle that you are referring to would have been a STUD would we be having this conversation? IMO Bean has done pretty good job drafting , you can’t hit on every pick 

19 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Ruggs. 4.2-4.3 speed. High character guy. Someone to keep an eye on at the combine.  I am hoping they go for a high octane offense.

Speed kills.  Look at KC.  Want the 2 fastest WR's in this class (as long as they can catch). :)

• Like (+1) 1

Depending on what this team does in free agencyI can honestly see this team going with a WR in 2 out of the first 3 picks, either going for value in round 1 with an Edge or Corner and then double dipping into WR pool in round 2 and 3 or going with a WR round 1 and going back and getting some depth in round 3. Beasley is older and Brown is only signed for 2 more years and has a bit of an injury history. 

I can’t see them going WR in both rounds 1 and 2 but I think they could easily go 2 out of 3 in another fashion. WR is not only an immediate need but the position is older and lacks depth (not too impressed with Foster, jury still out on Duke and Mac is more of a gadget WR) so I can see them pushing the talent at WR up a notch and getting younger quickly. 

9 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

Seeing that list just makes me more pissed that we passed on AJ Brown and DK Metcalf. We could have had both of those guys... There is nobody on that list that is as physically impressive, not to mention Brown and Metcalf can ball.

Not to mention, wah

I'm big on Jalen Reagor. I think it would be foolish to dismiss him because of his stature. The notion that we NEED to draft a big target could lead to a mistake. I've watched many of these guys and his tape just jumps off the screen.

I do also like Higgins. I feel like he's been dissected so much that people are ignoring his obvious talent. Not to the degree of a Metcalf, but to some extent.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm big on Jalen Reagor. I think it would be foolish to dismiss him because of his stature. The notion that we NEED to draft a big target could lead to a mistake. I've watched many of these guys and his tape just jumps off the screen.

I do also like Higgins. I feel like he's been dissected so much that people are ignoring his obvious talent. Not to the degree of a Metcalf, but to some extent.

Height is slightly overrated and beane said as much in a recent article on “the athletic”. It’s not all about height it’s about finding a wr that will go up and get a ball. Some of the best in the game at that over the last 3 or 4 years have been guys under 6ft. AB made a living outplaying db’s for some of big bens prayers and tyreek hill is all of 5’9 skying above double coverage sometimes to bail out mahomes. I feel like I see little Tyler Lockett make an absurd sideline catch in coverage every couple of weeks for russel Wilson. 

steve Smith comes to mind as well. Always found a way to fight off db’s and make the tough catch.

they need to find dang wr or te with some DOG in them. Somebody to go fight for/make a play when there isn’t one there to be made. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1