Mel Kiper has the bills taking Shenault Jr

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

About this same time in 2018, Kiper had the Browns taking Josh Allen #1 overall and the Giants taking Josh Rosen #2 overall.  2019 this time of year. Bosa to the Cardinals #1 overall.

That Is All.

To be fair, did anyone predict the QB’s directly for 2018? And before the rumors of Kingsbury/Keim loving Murray started no one truly believed they would move on from Rosen after one season. 

3 hours ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

I would take Shunalt.... but I really want one of Judy, Lamb, or Ruggs.. and I might want Ruggs as my 1st guy. To get one of those, the Bill's would need to trade between 12-15 I believe. What does the draft chart say the Bill's would have to trade to move up?

Their first born and sell their soul 

22 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Is this guy ever right?

Yeah, a lot. When he was submitting his drafts to the Huddle Report, the main source for draft accuracy, his five-year average was fourth out of all mock drafters. He's very good.

But what he's doing, mocking the draft, is impossible to do with an extremely high rate of accuracy in terms of getting a lot of the direct team-player matchups right. It's just too complicated a system.

24 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, a lot. When he was submitting his drafts to the Huddle Report, the main source for draft accuracy, his five-year average was fourth out of all mock drafters. He's very good.

But what he's doing, mocking the draft, is impossible to do with an extremely high rate of accuracy in terms of getting a lot of the direct team-player matchups right. It's just too complicated a system.

Correct. It’s also to early for any of these to be very accurate. 

22 hours ago, Estro said:

I don't particularly like Shenault as a WR prospect.  He seems more athlete than refined WR to me kind of like Cordarelle Patterson was coming out of Tennessee.  To me there is a lot of risk that he never becomes a dominant WR and is just more of as gadget player.  

Shenault is light years ahead of where Cordarrelle Patterson was!  That's a very poor comparison.  They have completely different builds and Patterson's red flags were apparent to anyone who was paying attention.  He was very raw and the furthest thing from a natural hands catcher.

If Laviska played for a big time program, he'd be drawing Julio Jones/T.O. comparisons.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Is this you Mel?

This teams going BPA in round 1.  Beane doesn’t draft for need unless the value is there.

With a deep WR class I’d be shocked if they moved up for a WR or even took one in round one.

There may be a run on WRs come round 2 where those extra picks may come in handy but I doubt that run happens in rd 1. 

13 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I really see the Bills going defensive Playmaker round 1, OLB/Edge....

That's my reading of the tea-leaves as well.  Who do you like so far and how likely they will be there?

13 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Theres 3 WRs I like 

Bryan Edwards South Carolina 

Brandon Aiyuk Arizona St

Quartney Davis Texas A&M

I think those 3 WRs will go between picks 50-75.

So Edwards and Aiyuk didn't play at the Sr Bowl correct?  Edwards wasn't there, they interviewed Aiyuk?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's my reading of the tea-leaves as well.  Who do you like so far and how likely they will be there?

So Edwards and Aiyuk didn't play at the Sr Bowl correct?  Edwards wasn't there, they interviewed Aiyuk?

Yes, that’s correct.

I watched him play 3 times last year.....certainly stuck out man among boys fast powerful nasty and clutch and someone you can see where his game would adapt to the NFL as quick as anyone. 

20 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Yes, this class is very deep at WR.  

Still, this franchise is entering year 4 of the McBeane rebuild.  There is an expectation whether fans have it or not that they will progress beyond making the playoffs.  To that point, I would expect them to look for players who can help now.  It wouldn't surprise me to see them continue their habit of trading up and doing so for someone who can produce immediately.

They don't have time to let a player develop.  The time is now. 

dont really care if its year FOUR !!!!  all that matters is where they are now it's not a race you bring your project qb along surrounding him with good players on offense and a good to great defense. They are doing this not putting too much on Allen's plate adding more as they go they are doing this perfectly he's going to be great because they have gone about it right understanding drafted at 21 from Wyoming coming from JUCO. Someone like Borrow as an example will be playing in the NFL at 25 next year different set of circumstances

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So what do you know about the draft crop of Edge/OLB or OT guys?  Is there anyone we might be able to get at 22?

At 22... Possibly K’Lavin Chaisson LSU, some mock drafts have him going between 10-15, I personally think he goes closer to 20.

Maybe Zach Baun LB Wisconsin. Been getting good write ups from the Senior Bowl. Solid player definitely a process guy. I think Wisconsin played him all over the defense, quick, great hands had 12.5 sacks this year. 6-2 240, may be able to get to 245-250. He’s more of a late first around 30, trade down perhaps. But after the senior bowl week, plus workouts, I could see this kid easily being our pick at 22. This guys has McD and his style defense written all over him!

Julian Okwara. Definitely has the size. Almost used exactly how we use Lorax, he’s from Notre Dame. He’s a guy to keep an eye on. Pending workouts probably in April due to breaking his leg. But potential is high on this kid. Been Mocked in round 1, anywhere from 20-32.

And Bradley Anea from Utah. At the Senior Bowl this kid had enthusiasm. Great build and size. Plays with intensity. Again, later round 1 potential, early round 2, could be a trade down scenario late round 1.

Some May say Kenneth Murray from Oklahoma but I think he’s more of a true OLB vs edge/OLB.... but who knows.

Realistically at 22, I think you’re looking at Baun and Okwara.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/25/2020 at 7:31 AM, TroutDog said:

One thing I appreciate about Beane is that I am basically sure that we won’t be drafting a CJ Spiller, McCargo or Maybin again. For me, that makes the draft all the more fun. 

Last year I was somewhat stunned with the Singletary pick but, as per usual, Beane was right. My point is, whomever they pick, it has a high probability of being the right pick!

If they trade up to make the pick, it is never right.

• Like (+1) 1

Im surprised with some of the comments in this thread. I guess it's that time of the year where we start finding every little flaw with the prospects mocked to the Bills. Last year it was DK Metcalf. Shenault would be a very good pick at 22, if he makes it that far. I'm not gonna overthink this. There are no perfect prospects available that late in the round and we need offensive talent.

• Like (+1) 3