Mel Kiper has the bills taking Shenault Jr

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I could go along with Kiper's prognostication...if Russ Brandon was still heading the show circa 2008.  The decision to take Hardy (RIP) was total need.  

It speaks to the penchant for (credit to @BADOLBILZ) using their 2nd round picks across multiple regimes on needs.  

I know it's popular to project Buffalo taking a WR in RD1, but I still can see them focusing on a DE and then moving around the board for a WR.

It's waaaay too early, but I could see that scenario playing out.  

This 2020 class is the deepest WR pool EVER.

There could be a 4th, 5th, 6th round pick at the WR position who could easily be the best WR in this class.

That is how good this 2020 WR group is.

17 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This 2020 class is the deepest WR pool EVER.

There could be a 4th, 5th, 6th round pick at the WR position who could easily be the best WR in this class.

That is how good this 2020 WR group is.

Yes, this class is very deep at WR.  

Still, this franchise is entering year 4 of the McBeane rebuild.  There is an expectation whether fans have it or not that they will progress beyond making the playoffs.  To that point, I would expect them to look for players who can help now.  It wouldn't surprise me to see them continue their habit of trading up and doing so for someone who can produce immediately.

They don't have time to let a player develop.  The time is now. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Yes, this class is very deep at WR.  

Still, this franchise is entering year 4 of the McBeane rebuild.  There is an expectation whether fans have it or not that they will progress beyond making the playoffs.  To that point, I would expect them to look for players who can help now.  It wouldn't surprise me to see them continue their habit of trading up and doing so for someone who can produce immediately.

They don't have time to let a player develop.  The time is now. 

You can still be a SB contender and still have player development.

While they were still building in the 80's, they took chances on the Leon Seals and Jeff Wright's of the world.

They had a smart front office back then. I think they finally have a front office to match that now.

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

I could go along with Kiper's prognostication...if Russ Brandon was still heading the show circa 2008.  The decision to take Hardy (RIP) was total need.  

It speaks to the penchant for (credit to @BADOLBILZ) using their 2nd round picks across multiple regimes on needs.  

I know it's popular to project Buffalo taking a WR in RD1, but I still can see them focusing on a DE and then moving around the board for a WR.

It's waaaay too early, but I could see that scenario playing out.  

With the depth at WR in the draft, would they even need to move up (after their 1st pick) to get a legit WR1 prospect?

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

With the depth at WR in the draft, would they even need to move up (after their 1st pick) to get a legit WR1 prospect?

That would be the all time stupid move since one will fall into your lap.

Oh wait...............

This franchise already did that in 2014. ?

It's tough to project at this time of year but right now (not knowing what will transpire in FA), I feel like they will go Edge in the 1st and either take a WR in the 2nd or trade back up into the end of Round 1 for one. JMO

Just now, njbuff said:

Oh wait...............

Yeah grab your edge guy in the first, then whatever stud WR falls (some are going to have to fall due to the sheer number of them) to you in the second, ***** him up. 

I haven't seen much of Higgins or Shenault but neither look like the guy we need.  I wish Ja'Marr Chase was able to enter the draft.  Holy smokes does he look good. Jefferson looked good in the bowl games.  I wouldn't mind him if he fell to us.  I like him better than the two I previously mentioned.  

Just now, inkman said:

Yeah grab your edge guy in the first, then whatever stud WR falls (some are going to have to fall due to the sheer number of them) to you in the second, ***** him up. 

I haven't seen much of Higgins or Shenault but neither look like the guy we need.  I wish Ja'Marr Chase was able to enter the draft.  Holy smokes does he look good. Jefferson looked good in the bowl games.  I wouldn't mind him if he fell to us.  I like him better than the two I previously mentioned.  

Josh Allen needs a guy who can run the entire route tree.

My guy from the start has been Tyler Johnson. He could easily wind up being the best all around WR from this draft.

But it's all way too early yet.

2020’s Curtis Samuel no freaking thanks! 

The people that are talking as if he is a refined WR are bonkers. He is a gadget player. Way too much of a risk with that first round pick, the WR depth in this year’s draft allows a team like Buffalo to wait until day two. 

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

2020’s Curtis Samuel no freaking thanks! 

The people that are talking as if he is a refined WR are bonkers. He is a gadget player. Way too much of a risk with that first round pick, the WR depth in this year’s draft allows a team like Buffalo to wait until day two. 

Knox's development, Singletary's development, Brown, Beasley is what they have now.

They really need a reliable third WR who can be a factor from the get-go in this offense.

A pick on day two on a WR could fill that role.

Only question is can said pick be an immediate threat for Allen, which they will desperately need.

Just now, njbuff said:

Knox's development, Singletary's development, Brown, Beasley is what they have now.

They really need a reliable third WR who can be a factor from the get-go in this offense.

A pick on day two on a WR could fill that role.

Only question is can said pick be an immediate threat for Allen, which they will desperately need.

They need an impact play maker out wide, they don’t need a better version of McCittrick.

6 hours ago, klos63 said:

Is a 'pure' WR the same as a 'true' WR?

I’m thinking, the word “distillation “ needs to be used in the description...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Oh wait...............

And how is that relevant with this FO?

asking for a friend....

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

cool with this or Higgins (or a DE.) 

Most mocks that have Buffalo going WR in round 1 go with either Tee Higgins or Laviska Shenault.  I've seen an outlier or two that go in a different direction.  One recently had Buffalo picking Henry Ruggs III.  A while back there was one that slotted Jalen Raegor to Buffalo for a while.

If Yetur Gross-Matos goes before 22, it might be tough to find good value at DE. Curtis Weaver, maybe, but personally I think he's a bit of a reach.  Chaisson is a talented edge rusher, but unless he adds some to his playing weight, he's undersized for a DE.  He might replace Lorenzo Alexander, playing some at linebacker and some on the line.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

It ain't damned relevant at all, just sayin.

Ah, I see... ?

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I really see the Bills going defensive Playmaker round 1, OLB/Edge....

Theres 3 WRs I like 

Bryan Edwards South Carolina 

Brandon Aiyuk Arizona St

Quartney Davis Texas A&M

I think those 3 WRs will go between picks 50-75.

I'm with you but would throw USC's Pittman in that mix.

My dream first rounder would be Gross-Matos at the moment.