The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Science has been redefined in this country.  

Whatever happened to all those character actors that played the role of nurses and doctors with signs standing in front of protesters of lockdowns or standing in front of traffic in heroic poses in order to shame the people that knew this was a sham.  

Did they go away like the whole 14 days of no cases before we can open schools thing?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Thank you Mr. President:

Might need you to stay Gov there tho. 

We are going to need our version of West Berlin soon.  There are people here in this 3rd world hole that think they might be allowed to have family and friends (no more then 10) over for the July 4th 2021 Holiday.  That's like 475 days after the initial 15 days to slow the spread.  

Lol they think they're getting their freedoms back.   Lol. 

Going to need you Sir.  

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Science has been redefined in this country.  

Whatever happened to all those character actors that played the role of nurses and doctors with signs standing in front of protesters of lockdowns or standing in front of traffic in heroic poses in order to shame the people that knew this was a sham.  

Did they go away like the whole 14 days of no cases before we can open schools thing?

the biggest lie is working people equal middle class. They consider anyone that works someone who owes the middle class but the middle class they say is middle class. Be wary .

2 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

What a bunch of whiney little kitties you guys have turned into since January. Oh, the angst and drama. It's hilarious!

It's called venting.  We're all a little frustrated that our way of life has been impacted (although this mask thing/social distancing has really improved my overall health this winter).  I do feel bad for the small business owners and high school seniors most of all.  However, it's important to keep it in perspective.  My uncle is 92 years old and said he'd trade this year for any year during the Great Depression and WWII.  This virus spares the young and medical advancements have made it possible to have vaccines ready at record pace.  To quote Jurrassic Park, "It could've been worse John.  A lost worse."

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

What a bunch of whiney little kitties you guys have turned into since January. Oh, the angst and drama. It's hilarious!

Are you talking about the people that think we all need to be 6.....I mean 3 feet apart and in 2 or maybe 3 masks because they don't understand data and math?  And indefinitely.  With no stated exit strategy. 

Those whiney little kitties?  

After 767 goal posts moves. 

My favorites being:

1.  Once that R1 number or whatever it is goes below 1.....then we can open!  Lolol

2. Once percent positive is below 5 we can sorta kinda sorta maybe be done

3. 15 days no 45 no wait 365 and counting to slow the spread 

4. Once vaccinated it's over!

5.  14 days of no cases before we open the schools!

6.  It's 3 feet now!  But just for K-12...

or wait is it K-5?  

7.  Herd immunity is 65-75%  No wait it's 90.   

8.  Herd mmunity is now the goal?  When did that happen?

9.  We just have to flatten the curve.  Wasn't this the goal?  Oh wait there was never a "curve."  Idiots.  

10.  Just make sure hospitals aren't overwhelmed.  

11.  We have new variants so now we need to be extra cautious 

12.  Leaky vaccines 

13.  Masks thru 2021

14.  Wait masks well into 2022

All of these policies, not being decided by science, and also not being decided by the people, going on year 2, all have consequences and I don't just mean in deaths or *cases!!*   

The floor to mitigate thus no life (and if you think this is living you're a warped individual that most definitely does not have kids) is basically just a few hundred cases in your localities or state.  Then we are mitigating.  That's what the politicians we've ceded these powers to have decided.  

So when is that NEVER going to be the case?  Having hundreds if not 1000s of cases locally.  When?  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Your "sources" are starting to rival Bman's. Solid site.

Yup,   

Overall, we rate The National Pulse Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as affiliation with a known questionable group, and a few failed fact checks.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-national-pulse/

19 minutes ago, ALF said:

Yup,   

Overall, we rate The National Pulse Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as affiliation with a known questionable group, and a few failed fact checks.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-national-pulse/

All you have to do is navigate to the home page. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. People love to read about how smart and right they are.

Is it just me or are we hearing a LOT less about the number of Covid deaths being reported the past couple months?  It used to be a daily thing like the body count reports on the nightly news during Vietnam.  It’s now all about the positive news regarding vaccines and reopenings.  If so what happened the past couple of months that have changed that. Hmmmm. 🤔

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Is it just me or are we hearing a LOT less about the number of Covid deaths being reported the past couple months?  It used to be a daily thing like the body count reports on the nightly news during Vietnam.  It’s now all about the positive news regarding vaccines and reopenings.  If so what happened the past couple of months that have changed that. Hmmmm. 🤔

Heaven forbid you actually do some research:

image.thumb.png.f1974a9b0cd81c5effb04ea49af3497a.png

image.thumb.png.c183ba1d597e9df12f1f097eadf4d6eb.png

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Heaven forbid you actually do some research:

image.thumb.png.f1974a9b0cd81c5effb04ea49af3497a.png

image.thumb.png.c183ba1d597e9df12f1f097eadf4d6eb.png

You do realize you just did a great job of proving  my point.  Thanks man!  

@BillStime  roll your eyes all you want but I guess you're not smart enough to see how you made my point.  Read my post then look at  your chart.  Read my post again then look at your chart again. After 10 or 12 rounds of this exercise the penny my drop but I doubt it. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Pfizer - the first to release a covid vaccine - didn’t take a dime from Warp Speed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/health/was-the-pfizer-vaccine-part-of-the-governments-operation-warp-speed.html:

On Monday, a spokeswoman for Pfizer clarified that the company is part of Operation Warp Speed as a supplier of a potential coronavirus vaccine.

Edited by Doc

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/health/was-the-pfizer-vaccine-part-of-the-governments-operation-warp-speed.html:

On Monday, a spokeswoman for Pfizer clarified that the company is part of Operation Warp Speed as a supplier of a potential coronavirus vaccine.

Wait BillsZtime was lying, no, no

It must be the NYT's that was wrong.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes, they sold the government vaccines but they spent $1.5 B of their money for the development of the actual vaccine.

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Wait BillsZtime was lying, no, no

It must be the NYT's that was wrong.

You freakn didn’t even read the article and Doc purposely left the paragraph before his quote out:

Pfizer has distanced itself from Mr. Trump and Operation Warp Speed. In an interview on Sunday, Kathrin Jansen, a senior vice president and the head of vaccine research and development at Pfizer, said, “We were never part of the Warp Speed,” adding, “we have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.”

On Monday, a spokeswoman for Pfizer clarified that the company is part of Operation Warp Speed as a supplier of a potential coronavirus vaccine.

• Haha (+1) 1

In New Zealand they're practically locked-in their houses.  They can't have anyone come over and they can't go out doing things like fishing in case they have an accident and emergency services need to be called.  Good luck doing that here.

On 3/21/2021 at 9:07 AM, Chef Jim said:

Ok so I was driving into work this morning and there was one of those large programmable signs on the freeway.  I was going with the flow of 90mph so I only caught a glimpse.  All I saw was "Something Something (a number) Deaths in CA in 2020.  So I thought well there goes my theory above.  Then I come to another and got a chance to read it all.  It was a Drive Safe PSA. The number was number of vehicle deaths in CA in 2020.  Those signs used to say "Stop the Spread!  Wear A Mask"  My theory stands......

1 hour ago, Doc said:

In New Zealand they're practically locked-in their houses.  They can't have anyone come over and they can't go out doing things like fishing in case they have an accident and emergency services need to be called.  Good luck doing that here.

So they are still on lockdown there?  

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So they are still on lockdown there?  

Not sure.  I got that info from A GI doc who has since retired, who got it from a good friend who spends half his time in the US and half in New Zealand and was stuck there.  Haven't seen the GI doc since.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not sure.  I got that info from A GI doc who has since retired, who got it from a good friend who spends half his time in the US and half in New Zealand and was stuck there.  Haven't seen the GI doc since.

The reason I ask it is debunks that Twit's Tweet about saying "This could be us!"

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The reason I ask it is debunks that Twit's Tweet about saying "This could be us!"

Simple people like to think that just because some country has success at something, it automatically means it can be reproduced in the US.