The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

42 minutes ago, Justice said:

That question wasn’t posed to me because I never said he told anyone to ingest Lysol or anything like it but still, what he said was bad enough. It was ignorant, irresponsible and dangerous to the morons out there. And no he wasn’t being sarcastic and even if he was this is not the time, the place or the setting for sarcasm. It’s inexcusable and indefensible. 

Was what he said stupid? Yes.

However, let's be honest: Anyone who took that stupid thing he said and injected or ingested bleach/Lysol/whatever is doing the gene pool a favor.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yes. 

However, let's be honest: Anyone who took that stupid thing he said and injected or ingested bleach/Lysol/whatever is doing the gene pool a favor.

Yes, and it didn’t happen. 

The best thing to come out of this so far is that Trump appears to be trying to act more presidential this week after looking so much the moron. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

This should be his campaign slogan.

200430203309-qr5m6r2wczdxu53iltgz0kxc.jp

• Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I doubt anyone believed your post but just in case, here’s a thorough refutation. 

When deaths go past 100,000, in 2020, what will be the next great news about the pandemic?

https://www.businessinsider.com/blood-clot-coronavirus-covid-19-patient-lung-heart-kidney-2020-4

A coronavirus patient thought he was recovering. Then doctors found blood clots in his lungs — a new and potentially deadly complication of the virus.

Yeji Jesse Lee and Lydia Ramsey

Apr 22, 2020, 1:38 PM

Michael Reagan at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York for blood-clot treatment on April 14. 

Michael Reagan

Doctors are finding blood clots in the lungs, hearts, and kidneys of coronavirus patients. Some of them are critically ill, but others seem relatively stable.

Blood clots can travel and create blockages in veins, which could lead to strokes, heart attacks, and other issues.

Without clinical trials or science-backed treatments, physicians are forced to figure out how to best treat these complications on "very weak but very compelling data," Dr. Alex Spyropoulos, an expert on blood clots at Northwell Health in New York, told Business Insider.

Business Insider talked to Michael Reagan, a 49-year-old COVID-19 patient whose doctors recently discovered dozens of blood clots in his lungs.

Read live updates about the coronavirus here.

More than 2 million people around the world have been infected with the novel coronavirus, but there's still a lot we don't know about how the disease affects the human body.

Respiratory issues are one of the key symptoms of infection, but other complications — like kidney issues and heart problems — have more recently risen to the surface as physicians struggle to better understand how to treat their patients.

With COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, doctors are also seeing blood clots in the lungs and bodies of patients. Clots can travel and create blockages in veins, leading to strokes, heart attacks, and other issues.

Some of the patients with blood clots are in hospitals in critical condition, while others diagnosed with the complications are otherwise healthy enough to be sent home.

That's what happened to Michael Reagan, a 49-year-old COVID-19 patient.

'It feels like a toxin is in my body'

Reagan, who works for an international biomedical company in New York, was diagnosed with COVID-19 in late March and had been recovering at home in New York City for weeks. He was taking azithromycin, an antibiotic used to treat infections, and hydroxychloroquine, an antimalarial medication, as a participant in a clinical trial.

His symptoms included breathing problems, a high fever, and coughing up blood. Reagan said he was starting to feel a little better early last week until he suddenly began to experience a high fever once again, along with chest pains.

Never miss out on healthcare news. Subscribe to Dispensed, our weekly newsletter on pharma, biotech, and healthcare.

When he went into the hospital, Reagan said doctors told him coronavirus-related pneumonia had spread into both lungs. A pulmonologist later told him he had dozens of little blood clots throughout his lungs.

"It feels like a toxin is in my body," Reagan told Business Insider.

Blood clots in recovering coronavirus patients are a new worry for doctors. In early autopsy data from Northwell Health, about 40% of coronavirus patients who died after leaving the hospital appeared to have experienced major clotting events, like a massive heart attack or lung clots, Business Insider previously reported.

In a recent observational study, Dutch researchers reported that about one-third of the 184 coronavirus patients they observed in the intensive-care unit had a complication associated with a clot.

To treat his blood clots, Reagan ended up staying overnight in a hospital to receive tissue plasminogen activator, a protein used to treat heart attacks and strokes that helps break down blood clots. Reagan was then sent home with Eliquis, a blood thinner.

"I had no idea a blood clot could hurt so bad," Reagan said.

Blood clots key to finding key info on this virus?

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

When deaths go past 100,000, in 2020, what will be the next great news about the pandemic?

Politically it won’t matter.  Partisan lefties and righties will go to their corners and the swing voters who are reasonable about it will understand that the local, state and governments are doing everything they can. And ultimately the blame will be laid on China, as it should be.

• Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Justice said:

That question wasn’t posed to me because I never said he told anyone to ingest Lysol or anything like it but still, what he said was bad enough. It was ignorant, irresponsible and dangerous to the morons out there. And no he wasn’t being sarcastic and even if he was this is not the time, the place or the setting for sarcasm. It’s inexcusable and indefensible. 

"Save the morons!"

It was actually ignorant, irresponsible, dangerous, inexcusable, indefensible, unreasonable, reprehensible, untenable, reckless, rash, careless, thoughtless, incautious, unwise, imprudent, ill-considered, injudicious, misguided, and unheeding! As well as, unforgivable,  unpardonable, uncalled for, unprovoked, without justification, without cause, without reason, unacceptable, AND unwarrantable!!! 

You're an idiot.

Edited by 32ABBA

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Statistically insignificant compared to the three million unborn children murdered per annum.

Have more feeling for 60,000 dead Americans over the last 3 months than to call them statistically insignificant. 

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Statistically insignificant compared to the three million unborn children murdered per annum.

Great analysis of the pandemic.

Someone pointed out that the flu was the equivalent of the virus in the pandemic, comparing the deaths of two months versus those of 12 months.

Thankfully, you arrived with an irrelevant comment to the topic.

41 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Have more feeling for 60,000 dead Americans over the last 3 months than to call them statistically insignificant. 

Feeling < Logic.

Emotions < Intellect.

32 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Great analysis of the pandemic.

Someone pointed out that the flu was the equivalent of the virus in the pandemic, comparing the deaths of two months versus those of 12 months.

Thankfully, you arrived with an irrelevant comment to the topic.

Just pointing out your hypocrisy. You care about life...except when you don't.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Feeling < Logic.

Emotions < Intellect.

Just pointing out your hypocrisy. You care about life...except when you don't.

Kettleblack.

Funny.

And you don't seem to understand what intellect and logic means.

It's not exactly a revelation.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Kettleblack.

Funny.

And you don't seem to understand what intellect and logic means.

It's not exactly a revelation.

Were you dropped on your head when you were a child? Or did you consume lead paint while living in Love Canal?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

To Whom It May Concern,

NOTICE: I am hereby notifying you that I am exempt from any ordinances requiring face mask usage in public. Wearing
a face mask poses a mental and/or physical health risk to me. Denying me my rights under the Americans with
Disabilities Act places you in direct violation of the law and will result in legal action.

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), I am not legally required to disclose any of my personal
medical conditions to you. (www.justice.gov). It is also a HIPAA violation to require me to disclose my personal
health information to you.

Department of Justice ADA violation reporting number: (855) 514-0301
If found in violation of the ADA, you and your business could face steep penalties. Organizations and businesses
can be fined up to $75,000 for your first ADA violation and $150,000 for each subsequent violation.

For more information: www.ada.gov
US Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Civil Rights Division
Disability Rights Section
Washington, D.C. 20530

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You do realize the flu season doesn't last 12 months, right? During the 2017-2018 flu season, the CDC estimated there were between 60,000 - 80,000 flu related deaths and most of those occurred during a 16 week stretch where deaths were at or above the epidemic threshold - which means over 7% of all deaths during those weeks (between 3,000-4,000 per week) were flu related.

This virus may be worse; however, quit acting like the flu is nothing at all.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

To Whom It May Concern,

NOTICE: I am hereby notifying you that I am exempt from any ordinances requiring face mask usage in public. Wearing
a face mask poses a mental and/or physical health risk to me. Denying me my rights under the Americans with
Disabilities Act places you in direct violation of the law and will result in legal action.

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), I am not legally required to disclose any of my personal
medical conditions to you. (www.justice.gov). It is also a HIPAA violation to require me to disclose my personal

If found in violation of the ADA, you and your business could face steep penalties. Organizations and businesses
can be fined up to $75,000 for your first ADA violation and $150,000 for each subsequent violation.

US Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
Washington, D.C. 20530

Wondering if this line of thinking could apply to not wearing a seat belt.

29 minutes ago, Foxx said:

To Whom It May Concern,

US Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
Washington, D.C. 20530

Strange hill to die upon, but whatever floats your boat