The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Trump does not think Sweden is doing well and defends the shutdown. Which is a good thing since he recommended it. 

He's constantly trying to rewrite history and blame others. "It will be gone by April! 

27 minutes ago, Gary M said:

please explain in regards to the Kung Flu (aka Covid-19)

1:  what actions POTUS should have taken 

2:   when he should have implemented each action, exact dates please

3:  and what the key factor that would have triggered each action.

It will be gone by April!

You can't admit that that was a mistake

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I don't know if she would have been a horrible president -- I guess none of us will ever know -- but I made a "Prada and pearls" comment a few days ago in a different thread that fits the bill here.  Middle America could not relate to her, and she lost her way with respect to relating to Middle America.  Trump at least gave Middle America lip service in the campaign, and it's why he's the President today.   

Dude I am far from middle America and even I can’t relate to her and her coastal elites. Why I voted Trump.  It’s her/their lips as to why we have a President Trump.  

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

I wonder how many millionaires and billionaires live in the 716?  ?

I would assume very very few seeing it’s one of the POOREST areas in America. 

Edited by Chef Jim

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

My memory is a little hazy; however, I seem to recall that Mueller found no evidence of collusion.

So, let me get this straight: You are saying he got away with a crime of which there was no evidence he ever comitted?

That seems a little crazy, even for you...

Since you're hazy, you probably forgot he found evidence of obstruction. 

Side questions:

Why do you think Trump refused to have an English translator when he met with Putin, when that has never been the procedure?

Why do you think Trump accepted Putin saying Russia didn't interfere in the American election, when every U.S. government agency said otherwise?

Do you believe all the agencies were in the tank for Hillary?

Why did Trump refuse to answer Mueller's questions?

Why did Trump refuse to implement the cash from Congress designed to go to the states for election security in 2020?

Do you see a pattern? Coincidences?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

And now we know, without a doubt, that the entire SCO was a perjury/obstruction trap. That matters, Kemp. Whether you're honest enough to admit it or not (you aren't). 

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Side questions:

Why do you think Trump refused to have an English translator when he met with Putin, when that has never been the procedure?

Because Trump knew then, and we know now, that elements within the IC were actively working against him and the country

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Why do you think Trump accepted Putin saying Russia didn't interfere in the American election, when every U.S. government agency said otherwise?

He was just proven right -- if you bothered to read either Volume I of the Mueller report or the OIG report. Both of which you haven't read. 

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I've proven they were: the top of the FBI, DOJ, CIA were actively working with foreign assets to frame the campaign on behalf of 44 and HRC. This is not speculation. It's proven fact. 

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Trump answered all of Mueller's questions in written form. He didn't sit for an interview because the whole SCO was a perjury trap (proven now) and Trump was smart enough not to fall for it. 

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Why did Trump refuse to implement the cash from Congress designed to go to the states for election security in 2020?

Because he wants Voter ID -- why don't you if your concern is a secure election? 

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I see a pattern of your complete idiocy. A pattern of how uniformed you are. And a pattern of your own stupidity. 

Is it a coincidence? Nah. It's on brand for you, Kemp. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He's constantly trying to rewrite history and blame others. "It will be gone by April! 

It will be gone by April!

You can't admit that that was a mistake

And Fauci said it was nothing to worry about. Pelosi strutted through Chinatown, and Deblasio said have a parade.

The scab & the wound beneath

by Victor Davis Hanson

Long read, but worth it.

FTA:

Prior Trump initiatives now seem prescient. Donald Trump’s controversial efforts in the pre-virus days to call out China for systematic Chinese mercantilism and serial cheating and lying, to secure U.S. borders, to issue travel bans on countries that had no quantifiable passport control, and to greenlight experimental and off-label drugs for near-terminal patients proved requisites for the policies he quickly enacted to fight the spread of the virus. Most of Trump’s initiatives were initially blasted by the very foreign and domestic censors who soon quietly advocated adoption of them.

So the virus confirmed what many Americans had long suspected at home as well. “Trump Derangement Syndrome” was no longer a Republican talking point, but was exposed as a psychosis with real consequences for the entire country. 

GOOD NEWS: Many field hospitals went largely unused, will be shut down.

De Blasio's Tweet against Jews Is the Tip of the Iceberg

by Rabbi Aryeh Spiro

Original Article

• Thank you (+1) 1

The dangers of easing restrictions have been highlighted this week after Germany and Spain saw cases spike as they try to edge out of quarantine, while China was forced to tighten regulations to fight off a “second wave”.

KH-COMPOSITE-MAP-LOCKDOWN-EASE.jpg

GERMANY

Germany has slowly been easing its lockdown after faring better than its European neighbours, allowing non-essential businesses to reopen around a week ago.

But the country reported 1,304 new cases of the virus on Wednesday – up from 1,144 on Tuesday and 1,018 on Monday.

The country’s virus reproduction rate – known as “R” – which measures how many people the average person with Covid-19 infects has also bounced back to just below one.

That means one person with the virus infects one other, on average.

The spiking cases came as:

Earlier this month, the rate was at 0.7.

Chancellor Angela Merkel has warned if the R rate increases even slightly above 1 then the country’s health service faces being overwhelmed.

She said: “If we get to a point where each patient is infecting 1.1 people, then by October we will be back at the limits of our health system in terms of intensive-care beds.

“If we get to 1.2 . . . then we will hit the full capacity of our health system as early as July.”

There has also been a steady rise in the number of deaths from 117 on April 25 to 188 on April 28 and the country has already been planning for a second wave of killer coronavirus.

People enjoy the sun in Berlin this week after Germany eased its lockdown
People enjoy the sun in Berlin this week after Germany eased its lockdownCredit: Reuters

SPAIN

In Spain – which has allowed some non-essential workers to go back to work – the death toll rose by 453 on Wednesday – up from 301 the previous day.

The number of new infections also shot up by 4,771 – compared to 2,706 and 2,793 the previous two days.

The figures come as the country prepares to ease restrictions further, with hairdressers and other small businesses due to start reopening next month.

Spanish PM Pedro Sanchez announced on Tuesday a four-phase plan to lift the lockdown.

The implementation will vary from province to province depending on the infection and death rates, as well as other things like hospital capacity.

AG-COVID-DEATHS-PER-MILLION-29ARPIL.jpg

https://www.the-sun.com/news/759445/coronavirus-cases-spike-germany-japan-china-lockdown/

38 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Side questions:

My post stated Mueller found no evidence of collusion with Russia. Period. I see you couldn't refute that.

So, I have no idea what you are rambling on about - and I'm sure you have even less of an idea.

I'm always fascinated when I read / hear a stream of consiousness from someone with such obvious limited consious awareness.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Dude I am far from middle America and even I can’t relate to her and her coastal elites. Why I voted Trump.  It’s her/their lips as to why we have a President Trump.  

I wonder how many millionaires and billionaires live in the 716?  ?

I would assume very very few seeing it’s one of the POOREST areas in America. 

It is one of the poorest areas in America...

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

My post stated Mueller found no evidence of collusion with Russia. Period. I see you couldn't refute that.

So, I have no idea what you are rambling on about - and I'm sure you have even less of an idea.

I'm always fascinated when I read / hear a stream of consiousness from someone with such obvious limited consious awareness.

He literally puked up every talking point he's been sold by proven liars and manipulators in his information sources. Every one is wrong, every one is outdated by about a year and a half. But Kemp doesn't care/or realize that because he's deeply stupid.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And now we know, without a doubt, that the entire SCO was a perjury/obstruction trap. That matters, Kemp. Whether you're honest enough to admit it or not (you aren't). 

Because Trump knew then, and we know now, that elements within the IC were actively working against him and the country

He was just proven right -- if you bothered to read either Volume I of the Mueller report or the OIG report. Both of which you haven't read. 

I've proven they were: the top of the FBI, DOJ, CIA were actively working with foreign assets to frame the campaign on behalf of 44 and HRC. This is not speculation. It's proven fact. 

Trump answered all of Mueller's questions in written form. He didn't sit for an interview because the whole SCO was a perjury trap (proven now) and Trump was smart enough not to fall for it. 

Because he wants Voter ID -- why don't you if your concern is a secure election? 

I see a pattern of your complete idiocy. A pattern of how uniformed you are. And a pattern of your own stupidity. 

Is it a coincidence? Nah. It's on brand for you, Kemp. 

This is why we have a washed up psycho list.  I enjoy the give and take with guys like Chef Jim and SoCal Deek.  But I can only handle so much nonsense sometimes.  Holy cow.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

•  

• An analysis conducted by data firm Dataminr used artificial intelligence to examine social media posts related to coronavirus
  • Data researchers then predicted where infections are set to increase in 22 small cities or rural counties in eight US states 
  • Areas were identified based on clusters of public social media posts that directly referenced firsthand accounts of symptoms and relatives who tested positive
  • Those areas had not yet had a spike in COVID-19 infections, which the analysis suggests could point to them being emerging hotspots

There could be up to 22 emerging coronavirus hotspots in small cities and rural counties across eight US states that are lifting lockdown restrictions, data researchers have found.

An analysis conducted by data firm Dataminr used artificial intelligence to examine social media posts related to coronavirus and predicts the smaller areas where infections are set to increase. 

The firm identified the areas based on clusters of public social media posts that directly referenced, among other things, firsthand accounts of symptoms, relatives who have been infected and testing supply shortages. 

The small cities or counties - located in Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas - had all seen an increase in the number of social media posts related to COVID-19. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8270849/Emerging-COVID-19-hotspots-small-areas-analysis-finds.html

Interesting data collection strategy, no idea if its accurate, though. 

58 minutes ago, Gary M said:

And Fauci said it was nothing to worry about. Pelosi strutted through Chinatown, and Deblasio said have a parade.

Trump was given the intelligence briefings and still said it was no big deal, and Fauci contradicted the president, not agreed with him. 

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He literally puked up every talking point he's been sold by proven liars and manipulators in his information sources. Every one is wrong, every one is outdated by about a year and a half. But Kemp doesn't care/or realize that because he's deeply stupid.

Frustration is showing in this one. Getting more shrill by the minute 

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This is why we have a washed up psycho list.  I enjoy the give and take with guys like Chef Jim and SoCal Deek.  But I can only handle so much nonsense sometimes.  Holy cow.  

We? Do you have multiple personalities? Are you referring to you and your alt identities? Inquiring minds want to know.

I feel it only fair to warn you I am placing you on my list of people who make lists...

• Haha (+1) 4

On Wednesday, Kushner — a man tasked with everything from Middle East peace to fighting coronavirus despite a lack of qualifications, expertise and experience (not to mention common sense) for any of these tasks — stepped before cameras to tell the hosts of “Fox & Friends,” "We are on the other side of the medical aspect of this and I think that we have achieved all of the different milestones that are needed.” He added, “The government, the federal government rose to the challenge and this is a great success story and I think that that’s really, you know, what needs to be told.”