The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And “getting people” is one of the keys in being a good leader, manager and negotiator.  This is why, imo, Hillary would have been a horrible POTUS. She too, again my opinion, is a narcissist but she has terrible self awareness when it comes to people. 

I don't know if she would have been a horrible president -- I guess none of us will ever know -- but I made a "Prada and pearls" comment a few days ago in a different thread that fits the bill here.  Middle America could not relate to her, and she lost her way with respect to relating to Middle America.  Trump at least gave Middle America lip service in the campaign, and it's why he's the President today.   

Edited by SectionC3

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

My point remains that if you think Trump has done a good job with the virus, you are either stupid or evil. The distribution might be 98% stupid, 2% evil  but anyone who believes his response has been good, can't process facts.

Let me get this straight. You think it’s the President’s job to defeat a virus? I’m pretty sure he’s relying on input from his medical experts. You know, the same two doctors that everyone’s always praising. Those two.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let me get this straight. You think it’s the President’s job to defeat a virus? I’m pretty sure he’s relying on input from his medical experts. You know, the same two doctors that everyone’s always praising. Those two.

Where did Kemp say "defeat"?  Not in the last comment.  Maybe it was said somewhere else and I didn't back read.  Kemp's point is, and this has been beaten to death, that the President failed with respect to addressing and containing the virus.  No reasonable person expected the cases to be at "zero" in March.  But nobody expected this chaos, either.  

Edited by SectionC3

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I don't know if she would have been a horrible president -- I guess none of us will ever know -- but I made a "Prada and pearls" comment a few days ago in a different thread that fits the bill here.  Middle America could not relate to her, and she lost her way with respect to relating to Middle America.  Trump at least gave Middle America lip service in the campaign, and it's why he's the President today.   

There were a lot of factors, with so few votes deciding the election, all the little factors matters. I really think that many voters thought Trump couldn't win and just stayed home. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

My point remains that if you think Trump has done a good job with the virus, you are either stupid or evil. The distribution might be 98% stupid, 2% evil  but anyone who believes his response has been good, can't process facts.

It would certainly appear that you've never had a management job and have no idea what it takes to handle a situation like what we've encountered. No idea whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

There were a lot of factors, with so few votes deciding the election, all the little factors matters. I really think that many voters thought Trump couldn't win and just stayed home. 

Agreed.  Spending time in Tempe instead of in Madison?  Stoo-pid. Struggling to articulate why she wanted the job?  Inexcusable.  Failing to take the "temperature" of the Rust Belt?  Completely inexcusable.  And failing to give the campaign of the Libertarian candidate a boost?  Political malpractice. 

14 minutes ago, Kemp said:

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Where did Kemp say "defeat"?  Not in the last comment.  Maybe it was said somewhere else and I didn't back read.  Kemp's point is, and this has been beaten to death, that the President failed with respect to addressing and containing the virus.  No reasonable person expected the cases to be at "zero" in March.  But nobody expected this chaos, either.  

No, Kemp's point, clearly stated in his post is "if you think Trump has done a good job with the virus, you are either stupid or evil." 

And for someone who constantly claims you don't like to name call or denigrate, you seem to be in full support 

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  I don't use disparagement as a substitute for a merits-based response. 

You’re incorrect and too late.  Your so-called “merits based responses” are really just your explanation for why you put people on your made up lists. The lists are just your way of categorizing others. It is absolutely a form of name-calling. By your words, you display signs of defeat  (whatever that means).

And you misuse the word hoax. I’m not trying to deceive you. 

Police found dozens of bodies being stored in unrefrigerated trucks outside a Brooklyn funeral home and lying on the facility’s floor Wednesday, law enforcement sources told The Post.

Between 40 and 60 bodies were discovered either stacked up in U-Haul box trucks outside Andrew Cleckley Funeral Services in Flatlands or on the building’s floor, after neighbors reported a foul odor around the property, sources said.

The corpses were stacked on top of each other in the trucks. Fluid leaking from inside created a terrible smell and caused neighboring store owners to call the police, according to sources.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/29/bodies-stored-in-trucks-at-brooklyn-funeral-home-sources/

• Sad 2

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

No, Kemp's point, clearly stated in his post is "if you think Trump has done a good job with the virus, you are either stupid or evil." 

And for someone who constantly claims you don't like to name call or denigrate, you seem to be in full support 

Hoax.  I haven't made the claim constantly.  

Just now, snafu said:

You’re incorrect and too late.  Your so-called “merits based responses” are really just your explanation for why you put people on your made up lists. The lists are just your way of categorizing others. It is absolutely a form of name-calling. By your words, you display signs of defeat  (whatever that means).

And you misuse the word hoax. I’m not trying to deceive you. 

Hoax. You're trying to deceive others. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Agreed.  Spending time in Tempe instead of in Madison?  Stoo-pid. Struggling to articulate why she wanted the job?  Inexcusable.  Failing to take the "temperature" of the Rust Belt?  Completely inexcusable.  And failing to give the campaign of the Libertarian candidate a boost?  Political malpractice. 

Well...until James Comey came out with his investigation of Hillary, and not saying Trump was under investigation, Wisconsin looked safe and Arizona looked winnable. From her stand point, winning more states would have increased her mandate and given her more political capital as president. Comey's announcement was a sea change no one saw coming. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well...until James Comey came out with his investigation of Hillary, and not saying Trump was under investigation, Wisconsin looked safe and Arizona looked winnable. From her stand point, winning more states would have increased her mandate and given her more political capital as president. Comey's announcement was a sea change no one saw coming. 

Delusional take if I ever saw one.  Even the would have been First Husband Bill admitted Hillary's stubbornness in terms of rubbing elbows with the unwashed masses in Wisconsin cost her.  It was never there to be taken for granted.  You talk like a classic Hillary supporter.  Do you think that she will be sleepy Joe's running mate?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax. You're trying to deceive others. 

I’m only replying to you — and this will be the last time I do on this subject. Who are these others?  What am I saying to deceive them?

Again you misuse the word hoax. 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yeah, that was what caused Hillary to lose...

Or was it the Russian collusion?

BTW, the FBI didn't investigate Hillary, they did a pro forma stamping for Loretta Lynch.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Yeah, that was what caused Hillary to lose...

Or was it the Russian collusion?

BTW, the FBI didn't investigate Hillary, they did a pro forma stamping for Loretta Lynch.

Russia sure helped Trump also. But don't believe that, right? 

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Yeah. Ingraham knows far more than Fauci when it comes to the treatment of viruses.

Now you're just being an asswhole. The article wasn't Ingraham vs. Fauci, it was the author of the article vs. Ingraham. If you can't see the bias in that article you are basically flying blind.

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

I’m only replying to you — and this will be the last time I do on this subject. Who are these others?  What am I saying to deceive them?

Again you misuse the word hoax. 

He never answers a point he is incorrect on. He responds to a completely different point, replies "hoax," or tells you that he has placed you on some strange list he keeps in his head...