The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

12 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

But we won’t in WNY because Cuomo says we can’t have more than a few hospitalizations even though we have capacity. Apparently if more healthy individuals that can quarantine in their homes get Covid 19 then we might reopen. If less healthy get it, we’re stuck. 

You guys didnt get to open tomorrow?

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

Only Finger Lakes/ Ra-cha-cha, North Country, Southern Tier, & Mohawk Valley have loosened restrictions as of tomorrow.

Buffalo not opening back up yet.

11 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Nope. We’re now off in 3 metrics. Deaths ( pretty dependent on who gets the virus, not how much of it is around), Hospitalizations (lots of anecdotal evidence around that hospitals are classifying almost anything as Covid 19 for higher reimbursement rates) and something else that we weren’t sub par in a few days ago. Many of these benchmarks are kind of irrelevant and it’s a bit of a one size fits all approach. I think we got our testing up ( I got tested Tuesday, results were online today : not detected. Yay ! Another test scheduled for next week. Heck I’ll take one weekly if they want. Still waiting on antibody test results. Anyway, we’re screwed for another two weeks I think. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Only Finger Lakes/ Ra-cha-cha, North Country, Southern Tier, & Mohawk Valley have loosened restrictions as of tomorrow.

Buffalo not opening back up yet.

We’re opening here in Miami-Dade and Broward counties on Monday! Even restaurants. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Justice said:

We’re opening here in Miami-Dade and Broward counties on Monday! Even restaurants. 

If New Yorkers (and  I’m in western NY not NYC) weren’t persona non grata in Florida I’d be visiting within the next 2 weeks. Literally going nuts here and the weather has sucked all spring. 

43 minutes ago, Taro T said:

But think of the children('s blue haired grandmas & grandpas)!

Lol. I am. Trust me. It’s on each individual to protect their own. That’s how we’re gonna beat this thing. Practice SD and wear a mask in public at all times. Keep your hands clean. Be responsible! 

46 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If New Yorkers (and  I’m in western NY not NYC) weren’t persona non grata in Florida I’d be visiting within the next 2 weeks. Literally going nuts here and the weather has sucked all spring. 

That’s unfortunate. There’s no valid reason why Buffalo is shutdown. 

I have relatives that own convenient stores. They interact with the general public on a second to second basis. None of them got corona because they’re being safe and practicing the rules that are in place. 

• Like (+1) 1

-----------------------------------------------------------

The full text of the EO can be found here:

EO on Delegating Authority Under the DPA to the CEO of the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation to Respond to the COVID-19 Outbreak

So far this has been ignored by all outlets except for Sputnik:

Trump Signs Executive Order to Boost Domestic Production of COVID-19 Supplies

"Earlier today I signed an executive order, just signed it, invoking the Defenсe Production Act to grant new authority to the US International Development Finance Corporation...under my order it will now also invest in our country, helping to bring vital factories, pharmaceutical producers and most importantly jobs back home where they belong", Trump said during remarks at the Owens and Minor, Inc. Distribution Centre in the state of Pennsylvania.

In the executive order, Trump said the measure will expand and strengthen relevant supply chains within the United States that are crucial in the fight against the pandemic. The authority given in the order will expire after two years, Trump said.

Edited by Hedge

Bad look for our leadership to say Obama left behind no pandemic playbook, then retract that statement in the face of exactly such a playbook, then admit to knowing nothing about the playbook’s details. This is the danger of suiting up in partisan uniforms and not working together. 

Still, McConnell added Thursday that "as to whether or not the plan was followed and who's the critic and all the rest, I don't have any observation about that because I don't know enough about the details of that to comment on it in any detail."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hedge said:

The full video:

She was also interviewed by Laura Ingraham on Thursday:

How else can this be viewed other than a vast conspiracy? A friend of mine also recovered due to HCQ. Questions need to be answered on this. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Justice said:

How else can this be viewed other than a vast conspiracy? A friend of mine also recovered due to HCQ. Questions need to be answered on this. 

This virus is the result of "gain of function" research. In other words, they keep modifying viruses to make them more infectious and/or lethal. This work gets done at Fort Detrick and Wuhan, two labs that happened to be shut down last Fall over "security breaches. HCQ is a generic drug that is easy to manufacture, thus, it is cheap. That is problem number one. The medical system is fully incentivized to go the more expensive route with drugs still covered under patents. With trillions being created in debt right now, price is not a limiting factor at all. Big Pharma's influence strikes again.

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nope. We’re now off in 3 metrics. Deaths ( pretty dependent on who gets the virus, not how much of it is around), Hospitalizations (lots of anecdotal evidence around that hospitals are classifying almost anything as Covid 19 for higher reimbursement rates) and something else that we weren’t sub par in a few days ago. Many of these benchmarks are kind of irrelevant and it’s a bit of a one size fits all approach. I think we got our testing up ( I got tested Tuesday, results were online today : not detected. Yay ! Another test scheduled for next week. Heck I’ll take one weekly if they want. Still waiting on antibody test results. Anyway, we’re screwed for another two weeks I think. 

Suposedly it is revisited daily. As much as I think the measurements are a bit off we hit them here in the Northcountry. We had to step up testing. Hopfully your "region" opens soon.

40 minutes ago, ALF said:

FDA cautions against use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for COVID-19 outside of the hospital setting or a clinical trial due to risk of heart rhythm problems

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

Gee , thanks Alf. I was thinking of shooting some up at home, with a few buddies.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Justice said:

Most people recover from the virus. How do you know your friend wouldn’t have recovered anyway? I know 2 people currently on the mend from the virus (both healthcare workers) and neither of them took HCQ and they are going to be fine. If they did take it, you would attribute their success to the drug. Fake news! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Most people recover from the virus. How do you know your friend wouldn’t have recovered anyway? I know 2 people currently on the mend from the virus (both healthcare workers) and neither of them took HCQ and they are going to be fine. If they did take it, you would attribute their success to the drug. Fake news! 

Then we can all agree that the virus is no big deal, let's get back to work and stop taking orders from Benito Cuomo. For once, you said something intelligent. Now that you hit your quota for the month, I will put you back on ignore. What a fine morning. Peace.

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Then we can all agree that the virus is no big deal, let's get back to work and stop taking orders from Benito Cuomo. For once, you said something intelligent. Now that you hit your quota for the month, I will put you back on ignore. What a fine morning. Peace.

You even suck at ignoring people. Well done moron! Get back to work you selfish prick! Screw everyone else!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

Why isn’t Trump holding little klan rallies then? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Justice said:

My neighbors recovered and during recovery, never drove their minivan. Unlike HCQ, no studies on avoiding minivan as treatment yet, though it’s working for most people. 

Most people get better with zero intervention. 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why isn’t Trump holding little klan rallies then? 

Trump requires everyone around him to wear masks and get tested every day. He’s in a few high risk categories (old and obese)  and is exercising all the caution he can. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

My neighbors recovered and during recovery, never drove their minivan. Unlike HCQ, no studies on avoiding minivan as treatment yet, though it’s working for most people. 

Most people get better with zero intervention. 

Trump requires everyone around him to wear masks and get tested every day. He’s in a few high risk categories (old and obese)  and is exercising all the caution he can. 

I know he is safe, he wants everyone else to take a chance with their lives but won't set the example. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hedge said:

-----------------------------------------------------------

The cdc stuff is just a reworked version of the documents that were “rejected” earlier this week. Lightweight stuff but smart for businesses to follow to avoid liability. 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I know he is safe, he wants everyone else to take a chance with their lives but won't set the example. 

With no masks until this week, still no mask for him, and his never ending testing that no one has access to, he isn’t leading by example. Not many people will be working in a workplace where there are entire workplace tests daily. He needs a special bubble but he does not appear to understand the danger. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Why would you support someone who holds thinly-veiled Klan rallies?  Very disturbing, old timer. 

The only posters on this board fixated on the Klan are you Tiibs, Warren, and a couple others. It seems a little disturbing and I'm just curious as to why? Is there something you would like to get off your chest and share with everyone? We're genuinely concerned and here to support you if you would like to achieve sound mental health.

Just think of us as another one of your support groups.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Trump's failure of leadership 

A former top U.S. vaccine official and an executive of a medical mask maker in Texas each told Congress on Thursday they believe lives were lost because of missteps by the Trump administration in its early handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
Rick Bright, who filed a whistleblower complaint after he was removed from a senior post at the Department of Health and Human Services last month, said his superiors dismissed urgent warnings in January and early February about an impending shortage of N95 respirator masks. Bright also said the administration delayed potential work on a U.S.-made vaccine by not acting fast enough or forcefully enough to press China for samples of the virus. And Bright said his removal showcased how, generally, politics overtook science as President Trump took center stage in responding to the U.S. crisis.
Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Were you denied a test recently?

Why do you ask? 

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The only posters on this board fixated on the Klan are you Tiibs, Warren, and a couple others. It seems a little disturbing and I'm just curious as to why? Is there something you would like to get off your chest and share with everyone? We're genuinely concerned and here to support you if you would like to achieve sound mental health.

Just think of us as another one of your support groups.

Sounds like you're coming down with a case of Biden Derangement Syndrome. 

2 minutes ago, PelotonBillsFan said:

Dr. John Ross, a professor at Harvard Medical School, pointed out that all but one of the top 10 counties that saw the largest increases voted for President Donald Trump in 2016.