The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

People continue to pack into small places out here on Long Island.

I have seriously misjudged the smarts of the people out here.

Common sense does not apply. 

I feel like I am the only one self quarantining. ?

That’s disappointing! ?

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Stay safe and enjoy the view - it sounds like you've got a ringside seat for Darwin in action. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I'm the only one too, also i'm the hated republican swarmed by a state full of democrats.

There's actually more people than usual out and they keep throwing their masks on my property, lol.

Used to be beer cans, lottery tickets and cigs.

We're all doomed.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

One of the things business owners got wrong was the idea that if you make the workplace more like a cool place to hang out, people will love to work there. Give them open work spaces, a gym downstairs, a couple of baristas, maybe free parking...even a place to nap.

It worked at first because it was cool and different. Then workers realized the idea was to keep them at work.

But after working many years as a regional sales director with staffs of anywhere from 10-20 people, I realized what I believe is one of the most important keys to having happy, productive workers: the collective understanding that their job should not be the single most important thing in their lives.

I believed if you could convince employees that you want their life outside work -- their hobbies, past times, family, church, community -- to be the priority, they would be more committed and productive. No, we don't want you working more than 40 hours a week, and weekend work was avoided...UNLESS we had a rush of business and everyone understood we all had to peddle a bit faster for a couple of weeks. Yes, we want you coaching your kids baseball team or being a deacon at your church or take your child's class on a field trip.

Turns out, at least for me and my company, it works wonders. In 15 years, one person quit to get a big payday. Everyone else is still here since the start.

Not bragging. Just making a point. Work is important, but when we make people feel like it MUST be the most important thing in their world, we're not helping anyone.

This might scare you, but You are 100% correct. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...do what you can and think will protect yourself and your family friend......we have an ever pontificating VP ####### in our office who shows up in the lunch room with his rants about COVID-19 being "a political year hoax......"we're WELL below annual flu related deaths...yada...yada...".....and another junior VP calling Project Managers wusses because they are pressured by spouses and children to work remotely....so I convened a meeting with my two other co-execs who run the company and merely said, "fix this or I will"......They all met today and excluded me.....perfectly fine because I'm in no mood to takes hostages......

If they get this stupid virus, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

4 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I'm the only one too, also i'm the hated republican swarmed by a state full of democrats.

There's actually more people than usual out and they keep throwing their masks on my property, lol.

Used to be beer cans, lottery tickets and cigs.

We're all doomed.

I am surprised you didn't mention used rubbers in there. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, shepherdog1960 said:

naw and called out are words not often heard from my east indian colleagues.  but more to the point, Obama knew this was coming.  Why didn't rump?

Your "colleagues."  LOL!

And if Obama saw this coming, why not restock the supplies that were used in 2009?  Or force/tell Cuomo in 2015 to buy ventilators?  Or ease FDA regulations that slowed testing?  Or not drive medicine and medical devices to China thanks to Obamacare?

Ebola?  Pshaw.  Don't make me laugh.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Your "colleagues."  LOL!

And if Obama saw this coming, why not restock the supplies that were used in 2009?  Or force/tell Cuomo in 2015 to buy ventilators?  Or ease FDA regulations that slowed testing?  Or not drive medicine and medical devices to China thanks to Obamacare?

yes, my colleagues many of whom are highly respected and accomplished.  there's no if.  he said this would happen in 5 or 10 years.  you can get into the weeds on policy positions but i won't go there because you will misrepresent and distort them as the chorus always does.  your intellect seems better suited for propaganda than medicine

3 minutes ago, shepherdog1960 said:

yes, my colleagues many of whom are highly respected and accomplished.  there's no if.  he said this would happen in 5 or 10 years.  you can get into the weeds on policy positions but i won't go there because you will misrepresent and distort them as the chorus always does.  your intellect seems better suited for propaganda than medicine

No you won't go there because your can't.  But nice try skippy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

No you won't go there because your can't.  But nice try skippy. 

skippy...another common word from FMG's

so why did obama know and rump didn't.  effective debate concentrates on a single issue.

Edited by shepherdog1960
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, it's the political hack from under the shadow of Bristol Speedway back to write in his e.e. cummings style. 

yep,  i intended on driving by but you wrecks are just too much guilty pleasure.

why did obama know and trump didn't?

Edited by shepherdog1960