The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

As usual, you are a little slow on the uptake. This was hashed out 50 pages or so back in the thread.....

And like every stance you have taken, you are wrong on this one as well.

Do you have this response saved cause you use it often. 

And no - it’s not wrong cuz if it were you and/or your ***** buddy Kris would have shared some far right link to disprove it....

but we will wait as you shoot blanks. 

5 minutes ago, BillZtime said:

Trump destroyed our pandemic infrastructure  - so someone needs to be held accountable. But of course; it is everyone else’s fault:

They won’t respond to that (Jimmy’s comment), because they know it’s true and it cost lives. Dr.Trump ***** up large!!! 

Just now, BillZtime said:

Do you have this response saved cause you use it often. 

And no - it’s not wrong cuz if it were you and/or your ***** buddy Kris would have shared some far right link to disprove it....

but we will wait as you shoot blanks. 

i wouldn't have to use it so often if you weren't wrong so often.

The rest of your post is just jibberish

• Like (+1) 1

@Tiberius

The king is dead!

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think we've been pushed right as a society for so long that anyone that would normally identify as a moderate conservative (e.g. doesn't believe in Christian Sharia Law, or wild west capitalism) is probably a democrat these days.

As a populace we have, but as far as politicians are concerned, we haven't had a left of center president since Carter.

Hollywood? More Deep State nonsense.
The Media? What about all the nonstop extreme-right "news"/blogs you guys get your information from? The media has no political ideology besides money. They shovel whatever they have into whatever mouths are willing. Some people want an echo-chamber, and so there's a product for that.

Long live the king!

• Haha (+1) 5

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

This argument supposes that this isn't happening anyway. It's been happening for decades and isn't going to stop even if we allow slave labor. The solution is finding a better path forward. There's never been a shortage of work to do, even now. 

As for outsourcing, that's a problem separate from wages that needs its own solution.

How does this argument suppose that this isn't happening already?  The part you bolded was "the continual rise of automation taking away jobs?"

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/continual?s=t

adjective

1. of regular or frequent recurrence; often repeated; very frequent: continual bus departures.

2. happening without interruption or cessation; continuous in time.

Of course it's been going on.  But if you raised the minimum wage to $25 as you suggested I would propose that continual process would be greatly accelerated.  If McDonalds had to suddenly pay $25 per hour, very shortly you would have touch screens for customer ordering and they'd need about 1/2 the workers they need now.   Domino's would get rid of pizza makers and use a machine (which already exists).  Meaning more people don't have jobs.

Why is outsourcing separate from wages?  The whole reason we have so much stuff made in China is because you can make it a HELL of a lot cheaper with people that make $2 a day.  Ask Phil Knight.  If manufacturers now have to suddenly pay everyone $25 an hour don't you think more would say screw it, and move production to China or somewhere else cheaper?

Raising minimum wage to $25 sounds great.  But what are the unintended consequences?  I have laid out two. I'm sure there are others.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

:blink::blink: oh, and :blink:

I knew this was coming.

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Of course it's been going on.  But if you raised the minimum wage to $25 as you suggested I would propose that continual process would be greatly accelerated.  If McDonalds had to suddenly pay $25 per hour, very shortly you would have touch screens for customer ordering and they'd need about 1/2 the workers they need now.   Domino's would get rid of pizza makers and use a machine (which already exists).  Meaning more people don't have jobs.

Why is outsourcing separate from wages?  The whole reason we have so much stuff made in China is because you can make it a HELL of a lot cheaper with people that make $2 a day.  Ask Phil Knight.  If manufacturers now have to suddenly pay everyone $25 an hour don't you think more would say screw it, and move production to China or somewhere else cheaper?

Raising minimum wage to $25 sounds great.  But what are the unintended consequences?  I have laid out two. I'm sure there are others.

I knew this was coming.

Outsourcing is separate from wages because it's fought for by lobbyists, subsidized by kickbacks, and enabled by congress and the executive branch. Outsourcing would still be something that would happen regardless of labor costs, because it's a lot more complex than that. You can solve the automation problem without solving the outsourcing one and vice versa. They aren't tied at the hip.

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Outsourcing is separate from wages because it's fought for by lobbyists, subsidized by kickbacks, and enabled by congress and the executive branch.

Don’t look now, but you’re describing a “conspiracy theory” involving the “deep state” you claim doesn’t exist...

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Why were we in a position to trust the globalist community and institutional structures? 

Why... it must be because we as a society have been pushed towards the "extreme-right", and everyone knows that right of center people have been the driving force of globalism over the past thirty years. 

Confused GIFs | Tenor

.... Wait a second. That can't be right. 

@BullBuchanan just keeps on proving himself to be dumber than his last post. 

That's just what you want us to believe. Never trust a Hollywood Conservative Super-Secret FBI Police Agent (who is, of course, getting ready to mobilize with his unit as part of the Federal Reserve.)

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Don’t look now, but you’re describing a “conspiracy theory” involving the “deep state” you claim doesn’t exist...

Where's the shadow government undermining the legislative, judicial and executive branches of government at the same time?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Why... it must be because we as a society have been pushed towards the "extreme-right", and everyone knows that right of center people have been the driving force of globalism over the past thirty years. 

Reagan, HW Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump - all NeoLiberals or the economic right of the last ~75 years.

Sure, some have been theocratic, some have been secular. Some were highly intelligent, others not so much. Some were articulate and others unintelligible. Some were charismatic and others were dull. Some have run as populists and others were more mainstream, but at the end of the day they all adhered to the master of the market, the darling of 20th and 21rst century conservatives.

Obama ran as a populist, but when it came time for him to govern, he still gave the banks the money they asked for, the intelligence agencies the power they asked for, and the military the weapons they asked for. Just like Reagan, the Bushes, Clinton and now Trump. All it takes is mixing in a bit of religion or some safety net reforms to make someone a Republican or a Democrat these days, but under that exterior, most of them are still built on the same chassis.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Read your own post above. Slowly. 

You can do it. 

Honestly speaking, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just put someone like BB on ignore?

My ignore list has grown faster than the COVID spread in the last weeks.  Garey Busey has managed to stay off it since he seems like a nice enough guy.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Reagan, HW Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump - all NeoLiberals or the economic right of the last ~75 years.

You are SO lost. 

SO misinformed. 

There's ZERO difference between Bush/Clinton/Obama. The only difference is a mirage. They did not push the country "right", they pushed globalism which is the antithesis of conservative's philosophy. 

Neo-liberal = Neocon -- same bird, different wings. Just like the establishment GOP = the establishment DNC in all but PR. 

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Sure, some have been theocratic, some have been secular. Some were highly intelligent, others not so much. Some were articulate and others unintelligible. Some were charismatic and others were dull. Some have run as populists and others were more mainstream, but at the end of the day they all adhered to the master of the market, the darling of 20th and 21rst century conservatives.

That's NOT the master they answered to. Your ignorance is on full display. 

Obama ran as a populist, but when it came time for him to govern, he still gave the banks the money they asked for, the intelligence agencies the power they asked for, and the military the weapons they asked for. Just like Reagan, the Bushes, Clinton and now Trump. All it takes is mixing in a bit of religion or some safety net reforms to make someone a Republican or a Democrat these days, but under that exterior, most of them are still built on the same chassis.

Because Obama was full of shite. Like Bush. Like Clinton. The goal of their administrations was to weaken the country by overextending it, while propping up the globalist designs within China, the EU, and elsewhere. 

That's not a push towards the "right". 

It's a push towards the opposite.

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Honestly speaking, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just put someone like BB on ignore?

My ignore list has grown faster than the COVID spread in the last weeks.  Garey Busey has managed to stay off it since he seems like a nice enough guy.

:beer: He's not. But to each their own. 

• Like (+1) 3

No one could have predicted this? https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/photos-and-video/video/2014/12/02/president-obama-speaks-fight-against-ebola

watch from 15:20

drive by post.  not getting immersed in this swamp again.  I'll just add that the chorus here are morons and haven't improved themselves a bit.  doc is a pseudo doc.  dc tom is an absent idiot. and the shah did die from the mistakes of an inexperienced, world famous surgeon.  Shaq was more lucky.

Edited by shepherdog1960
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You are SO lost. 

SO misinformed. 

There's ZERO difference between Bush/Clinton/Obama. The only difference is a mirage. They did not push the country "right", they pushed globalism which is the antithesis of conservative's philosophy. 

Neo-liberal = Neocon -- same bird, different wings. Just like the establishment GOP = the establishment DNC in all but PR. 

That's NOT the master they answered to. Your ignorance is on full display. 

Because Obama was full of shite. Like Bush. Like Clinton. The goal of their administrations was to weaken the country by overextending it, while propping up the globalist designs within China, the EU, and elsewhere. 

That's not a push towards the "right". 

It's a push towards the opposite.

:beer: He's not. But to each their own. 

If you actually understood NeoLiberalism, you'd know it's been the core GOP platform since Nixon. Democrats have often publicly tried to oppose it, but they themselves actually govern in most of the same ways. The only real difference is how they sell it, and sometimes they use lube. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

If you actually understood NeoLiberalism, you'd know it's been the core GOP platform since Nixon. Democrats have often publicly tried to oppose it, but they themselves actually govern in most of the same ways. The only real difference is how they sell it, and sometimes they use lube. 

If you actually understood the point I was making, you'd stop trying to draw a line between the GOP and DNC. 

They are the same. 

And they aren't "pushing us right". 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If you actually understood the point I was making, you'd stop trying to draw a line between the GOP and DNC. 

They are the same. 

And they aren't "pushing us right". 

That's exactly my point.

Democrats are not left wing. That's where all this talk in America breaks down. It's been the Center-right vs the Extreme right since at least the 60's. Anyone to the left of it gets called a communist.

• Like (+1) 1

That's exactly my point.

Democrats are not left wing. That's where all this talk in America breaks down. It's been the Center-right vs the Extreme right since at least the 60's. Anyone to the left of it gets called a communist.

You have that completely backwards. 

But, it's moot. 

So, let me ask you. If you believe that there is no discernable difference between the parties, and (as you stated earlier) believe that off shoring wasn't a natural economic development but one fostered by unelected officials in the lobbying industry (and elsewhere) controlling the government against the people's will (and the market's natural tendencies... how can you state with the same breath that the notion of a "deep state" (which is a terrible catch-all term these days) is fake? 

Right. you can't. You can't hold both opinions at once without being either completely hypocritical or naive. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino