The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

20 minutes ago, snafu said:

No, people in those countries who don’t have a defense budget but like the US to protect them are happy where they live — and like to throw shade on capitalism and the freedoms that the US permits it’s citizens to enjoy. When people in the US hear opinions like yours coming from people living in those countries, we mostly chalk it up to bitterness and lack of information.

Perhaps you should go to one of those countries. You sound bitter and underinformed. 

7 minutes ago, Hedge said:

@jrober38 do I recall correctly that you are Canadian?

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Yup.

Got my $4000 emergency relief payment in 2 days. 

Snafu right now:

tenor.gif?itemid=4232665

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

his never ending Josh Allen sucks rants are hot ????

??‍♂️??‍♂️

Maybe jrober38 could just combine his Josh Allen and coronavirus posts into one that would go something like this:

We need to keep everyone home during the Bills' football games because Josh Allen is so inaccurate, he will kill millions of fans with errant overthrows....

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, jrober38 said:

They were generous and let us apply for the first two periods at the same time. 

Direct deposited in my account within 48 hours. 

Great. I wonder how generous they will continue to be now that they will have to bail out Alberta.

I'm in Montreal.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Great. I wonder how generous they will continue to be now that they will have to bail out Alberta.

I'm in Montreal.

All that talk about Alberta separating after Trudeau was reelected, I'd have no problem with that happening now. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

They were generous and let us apply for the first two periods at the same time. 

Direct deposited in my account within 48 hours. 

Generosity comes from ones own wallet, not from other peoples.

They stole (or borrowed against future theft) that money from someone else to give it to you.

38 minutes ago, meazza said:

$4000? Why?  I thought it was $2000.

He needs more help.  Mental.

40 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Did they send it to you in American dollars, Canadian dollars, or poutine?

Loonies.  How apropos.

34 minutes ago, meazza said:

I'm in Montreal.

Alberta's going bankrupt?  That's hilarious!

:rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

He needs more help.  Mental.

Loonies.  How apropos.

Alberta's going bankrupt?  That's hilarious!

:rolleyes:

Oil is now trading at $-1.78.  Not sure how they will survive this.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

If you think people want to go back to work because they are bored you have no business even being a part of this discussion. 

What, you mean escaping boredom isn't why 96%+ of the adult working age population went to work 1 month ago?

Surely there can be no other explanation for it.

Update on the nursing home where my MIL and FIL are staying: Down to 137 patients. 9 Died. Now at 59 residents having the virus. 10 more are waiting on results. 8 are negative. 7 in the hospital with the virus.

• Sad 3

26 minutes ago, meazza said:

Oil is now trading at $-1.78.  Not sure how they will survive this.

Last time oil futures were this exciting, JR Ewing was trading them.

So what happens if you're stuck with an contract and you don't go pick up your oil on time?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KRC said:

Update on the nursing home where my MIL and FIL are staying: Down to 137 patients. 9 Died. Now at 59 residents having the virus. 10 more are waiting on results. 8 are negative. 7 in the hospital with the virus.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, KRC. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Last time oil futures were this exciting, JR Ewing was trading them.

So what happens if you're stuck with an contract and you don't go pick up your oil on time?

Not sure.  They never discussed this kind of scenario in the CFA curriculum.

I'm thinking of putting a few barrels of oil in my garage to make a bit of extra cash.

10 minutes ago, KRC said:

Hope the worst is over there but those numbers aren't very good.  Tell MIL and FIL to get any exercise they can and take some Zinc and Vitamin D and garlic - it can't hurt.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Well, would ya look at that... 

I thought you'd point to more statistics of the near halt of the virus in warm weather states.

Remember how Louisiana was going to be the next disaster zone?

The data suggests that every state, but CT, NJ & NY should start looking to reopen ASAP.   Build up the herd immunity in advance of the fall season.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

That Santa Clara study is getting a lot of crap now. See Hapless’s posts on OTW. 

It’s not working for Sweden any more. They recently passed us on deaths per capita and they are close on cases, and their numbers are on the rise. 

The early PR about how they were living smartly and well was just that. Early PR. 

their per capita numbers are now similar to US, but they did not lock down

seems to be working fine for Sweden

they are much farther in developing herd immunity since they did not lockdown

yet their numbers are no worse than the US which are skewed by the NYC cess pool

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's happened to me before too -- a refresh of the browser usually sorts it for me.

This has been a recurring problem for a few weeks.  Works well on a mobile browser but not on my laptop.

4 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Really? Somehow, I thought you might have a clue from the nationally televised conferences they hold everyday to tell you exactly what is being done...

I’m not referring to myself. I’m referring to the general public that gets their news from the MSM that shouts all the wrong things Trump says and whispers the good. 

3 hours ago, Magox said:

I bet the mortality rate is nowhere near 1-3%

A friend of mine told me he knew ten people who had it. Out of the ten 6 died. I’m sure that’s a statistical anomaly but still. It’s frightening. 

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Why aren't the Chinese being called out for trying to hide this thing.

Many people are dying because of the CHINESE............ no one else but them.

Again, why aren't they being called out?

Why? Because they’re not weekend work. That’s why. We only bully the weak. 

3 hours ago, KRC said:

I am also diabetic. I am with you.

That would be raysis.

Can you explain to me why you use that method of spelling? Raysis. Why is that?  

11 minutes ago, Justice said:

I’m not referring to myself. I’m referring to the general public that gets their news from the MSM that shouts all the wrong things Trump says and whispers the good. 

A friend of mine told me he knew ten people who had it. Out of the ten 6 died. I’m sure that’s a statistical anomaly but still. It’s frightening. 

Why? Because they’re not weekend work. That’s why. We only bully the weak. 

Can you explain to me why you use that method of spelling? Raysis. Why is that?  

It will be well below 1%

• Like (+1) 6

10 minutes ago, Justice said:

Sounds solid.

I don't know anyone, who knows anyone that has even tested positive.

1 minute ago, 32ABBA said:

Sounds solid.

I don't know anyone, who knows anyone that has even tested positive.

Well then consider yourself fortunate, because I know of four people that have it and two of them passed away. The two were elderly. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Gyms would seem to be riskier environments than some. 

Yeah, but obesity is supposed to be a terrible preexisting condition for COVID.... need those gyms.

And now, I am off to the freezer for ice cream...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4