The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Bakin said:

COVID CONUNDRUM 

My best buddy is a sales guy.

He can certainly work from home but his boss is insisting that he come to the office everyday. His boss doesn’t believe in the seriousness of the virus, etc. 

My buddy is not sure what to do. 
I told him to just take a month off unpaid - he can do so as he’s not financially in a dire position - but not sure that’s the right advice. Any thoughts??

One of the few things I've learned in business that has never let me down is to always do my best to put my myself and my company in a position where someone needs me/us more than I need them.

It sounds like your friend has done that in terms of not being in a financial jam right now.

That said, where is his office?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bakin said:

COVID CONUNDRUM 

My best buddy is a sales guy.

He can certainly work from home but his boss is insisting that he come to the office everyday. His boss doesn’t believe in the seriousness of the virus, etc. 

My buddy is not sure what to do. 
I told him to just take a month off unpaid - he can do so as he’s not financially in a dire position - but not sure that’s the right advice. Any thoughts??

Turn the boss in for evading the quarantine...?

This thread has become a virus in itself.

And it was the lefties and/or Trump haters who came in here and infected it.

I get that you folks hate Trump and want to blame him on everything to no end, but, I have a simple question to the people who are blaming Trump over this..............

What are you doing to help your fellow citizens over this while saying Trump is doing nothing?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This thread has become a virus in itself.

And it was the lefties and/or Trump haters who came in here and infected it.

I get that you folks hate Trump and want to blame him on everything to no end, but, I have a simple question to the people who are blaming Trump over this..............

What are you doing to help your fellow citizens over this while saying Trump is doing nothing?

Donating to those affected, shopping local, social distancing, tipping extra to service people, informing the public with data when they spread false statements or have questions.

Edited by BullBuchanan

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Donating to those affected, shopping local, social distancing, tipping extra to service people, informing the public with data when they spread false statements or have questions.

Nice job.

Democrats and U.S. Media Star in New Chinese Propaganda Video.

Preparing for the Wrong Emergency. 

Focused on climate change, Mayor Bill de Blasio failed to equip New York for the coronavirus.

Anyone up for a stroll down Memory Lane? Join Grabien’s Tom Elliott for a look back at some of Democrats’ greatest COVID19 hits:

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Anyone up for a stroll down Memory Lane? Join Grabien’s Tom Elliott for a look back at some of Democrats’ greatest COVID19 hits:

But, but, Trump played golf!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TPS said:

Exactly, and why people are criticizing that lack early testing.  As I stated in my post to 1959, while there are areas in the country where testing is important due to low outbreaks, for those in the midst of it, it will become relevant as we come out of it and transition to back to "normal" whatever that is...

Yes, I've been criticizing DeBlasio's lack of focus too.

The most plausible reason the rest of the country is experiencing slower outbreaks is that people now know what to do far better than NY & NJ did in late April/early March.  People are keeping their distance and cleaning up.  There's far more attention being paid to a sniffle that they would have scoffed off a month ago.

I'll ask again, would the contagion be slower if there were more tests early on or if CDC had started running the virus prevention public service announcements that are pervasive now?

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Equating mayoral response with presidential response? Stop it.

Wonder who has greater control of running a city - a mayor or a President?  

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Now that would be evil. Create the virus, start a panic, then "donate" contaminated test kits to spread the virus.

I don't doubt this as China just has a whacked way of looking at things.  The US may yet truly rue the day it hopped into bed with China for the sake of trade.

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Federalism is hard to understand, I know. 

Local>>>State>>>Federal -- that's the order of actual importance to people's day to day lives. Not the inverse.

Utterly predictable that people are now pissed that Trump didn't invoke his dictatorial powers

• Like (+1) 6

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Equating mayoral response with presidential response? Stop it.

Did you not watch ?

I saw lots of people, including the Majority Leader of the House.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bakin said:

He’s late 60s. 
I would say not technically by that term but he does get sick often. 

What state? Is it an essential business?  How many people in office? What is spacing like in his office? 

Edited by LB3