The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

36 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And they will tell him it is completely absurd.   Meanwhile, you have citizens who are not trained in science and medicine listening to this thinking there may be some validity because the president said so.  It is irresponsible, dangerous, and stupid.

Maybe these will make a comeback

image.jpeg.7a865c8fb6d69afabbb5fc2bd989b2c8.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yeah but at least Cuomo doesn't sound like a moron.

No, Cuomo only has tv skits with his quarantined brother who was only quarantined when he was on tv. I especially like the parts when they would argue about who mom liked best.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

Except that’s exactly what he said. His quote is a few posts below your post. 

Not here. You can read his quote. He was excited to hear about how disinfectants and UV light  killed the virus on surfaces and suggested the experts look into how to do that inside the body.

There’s no real defending this. Just hit Trump with the frying pan, move on to today, and pray that he doesn’t take up the mike as much. 

You have to be an abject moron to believe that the President suggested that people should inject or ingest bleach or disinfectants.  People who suggest he did such a thing are fools, and those promoting the idea that this is what he conveyed are liars.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Personally, it doesn't. My view is if you are in jail, you should stay in jail. However, there seems to be a push (primarily by democrats) to release non-violent offenders from prison during this epidemic. So, in that regard, he is as eligible as any other non-violent offender.

Hopefully the pandemic will be over when Trump gets sentenced 

1 minute ago, snafu said:

Cuomo has said some stupid things, too.  They all do. Including Fauci and Birx and Pelosi and Newsom, the Georgia, Michigan, and Pennsylvania Governors.  One difference between them and Trump is that nobody reports on any other part of the press conference when Trump says something especially stupid and likely inconsequential. There are probably other headlines from that press conference.  Are they being reported?

Everyone says something wrong sometimes but it is the frequency with which Trump says incorrect things, the fact that he will never admit to being wrong about anything (which it truly unique compared with the company you mentioned) and the fact that the is POTUS and everything a President says is scrutinized is what gets him in trouble.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I sit on an FDA panel, although it is a devices panel and not drug related.  As one who sits on an FDA panel, and as one who has conducted research and been a part of clinical trials for almost 40 years, I hope I can shed some light here.  I would say based on the information I have seen thus far is that none of the studies that have been touted in the lay press are proof, either in a positive or negative sense, for this drug.  All of these studies are compromised by have low numbers , none of them from what I have seen match control and experimental populations,. it is not clear if dosages used are the same or not between groups. For example, in the study showing no benefit I do not know if the same severity of patients were looked at in each arm , nor do I know if there were other significant differences between groups.

This is precisely why large and formal studies need to be done before making any conclusions.  In the interim, doctors are always free to prescribe medicines off-label.  In this case of this med, they can do so but they should make it clear there is no real data to say the drug will help, and they are obligated to explain there are significant side effects including the risk of cardiac complications as well as the potential for stroke in some groups.

Again, science matters. Science works. 

As a fellow scientist I agree with all this.  It is truly disheartening to see real science twisted and completely misunderstood in the name of partisan rancor from both sides.  Ugly times.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

You have to be an abject moron to believe that the President suggested that people should inject or ingest bleach or disinfectants.  People who suggest he did such a thing are fools, and those promoting the idea that this is what he conveyed are liars.

Trump lies way more, so who cares? 

Can't believe he thinks drinking bleach will help people, and telling the world that? Shameful! 

Vote him out in November! 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Testing is on the States and Governors, then localities. They don’t want testing and do everything to delay it, then blame the Feds. They don’t want it, because it will lift the lockdowns. They are power mad and want to control the serfs, until the election. Then it clearly won’t be “ safe” enough to go out and vote ,so we must have a mail- in election, which they will try to steal. 

This is nonsense.  I know our state health commissioner and she would tell you that.  We need testing for both the virus and the antibodies out to all communities as rapidly as possible.  Spare me all the conspiracy nut case stuff.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Everyone says something wrong sometimes but it is the frequency with which Trump says incorrect things, the fact that he will never admit to being wrong about anything (which it truly unique compared with the company you mentioned) and the fact that the is POTUS and everything a President says is scrutinized is what gets him in trouble.

It gets him 'in trouble' with you and others.....but I don't think there's anyone who didn't know what they were getting when they voted for him.  If you don't like his thinking out loud style....turn the channel.  The NFL Draft is on!   Finally. :)

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Yes you do.  But there are some who hang on his every word.  Which is why what was said yesterday was completely irresponsible and dangerous.  He specifically said we should look into injecting disinfectants.  

I gather you're a fan of the president.  Then maybe you should tell him words matter, and that he needs to choose them more carefully.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Hopefully the pandemic will be over when Trump gets sentenced 

I might be going out on a limb here; however, I believe I heard or read somewhere that you have to actually be convicted of a crime before being sentenced to prision.

Just now, Scraps said:

The scrutiny has gotten every President in trouble at one point. He’s just perfecting it.  He’s got the triple whammy of:

1. He often speaks without thinking 

2. He says some dumb ***** even when he does think

3. He is likely scrutinized by the press more than any President in history 

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

A known conman found enough willing marks to get elected.

Try again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Yes you do.  But there are some who hang on his every word.  Which is why what was said yesterday was completely irresponsible and dangerous.  He specifically said we should look into injecting disinfectants.  

I gather you're a fan of the president.  Then maybe you should tell him words matter, and that he needs to choose them more carefully.

I like your takes (particularly on the football side of things); however, I think you are stretching this into something it really isn't.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

It gets him 'in trouble' with you and others.....but I don't think there's anyone who didn't know what they were getting when they voted for him.  If you don't like his thinking out loud style....turn the channel.  The NFL Draft is on!   Finally. :)

So you Trumptards knew the makers of Lysol would have to warn people not to inject Lysol into people? ?

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

So you Trumptards knew the makers of Lysol would have to warn people not to inject Lysol into people? ?

Sounds like some of the people who screeched the loudest in this thread are the ones that actually did need that warning. Are you included in that group? It appears likely. ?

Just now, Gary M said:

POTUS never said that!

The truth does not appear to matter to a select group in this thread.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I might be going out on a limb here; however, I believe I heard or read somewhere that you have to actually be convicted of a crime before being sentenced to prision.

That's right, and he is hiding in the WH oh so desperate to win, so he can avoid conviction. Now you are getting it. 

Statute of limitations runs out if he wins, though. Trump and you guys, have to win to keep him out of jail. That's why we need to keep him talking, he's killing himself up there! Love it! 

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

POTUS never said that!

He wants us drinking iodine now! 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sounds like some of the people who screeched the loudest in this thread are the ones that actually did need that warning. Are you included in that group? It appears likely. ?

You're one of the Trumptards who thinks this should be considered, not me.

Edited by Scraps