Report: ESPN to make CBS' Tony Romo a historic offer to join its NFL coverage

10 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

It's just his envy talking. He forgets Romo makes games more fun to watch which in turn make Thomas and other players more money.

Michael Thomas also doesn't understand supply and demand. We can debate how "in demand" announcers actually may be but there's no denying that good ones are in short supply. 

47 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Michael Thomas also doesn't understand supply and demand. We can debate how "in demand" announcers actually may be but there's no denying that good ones are in short supply. 

This is why the NFL Owners vs. NFL Players is not a fair fight.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is why the NFL Owners vs. NFL Players is not a fair fight.

You lost me here, my good man. What does CBS’s decision to pay Romo have to do with the CBA negotiated negotiated between the league and the NFLPA? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

?

Problem is the bottom 90% of players he's referring to can't afford a lockout given their short careers compared to other sports leagues.  The owners will always hold the advantage when negotiating a new CBA.

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

?

Wow, exactly how much extra money does Michael Thomas think they can get out of the new CBA? Will they change it to 85% of players make less then 17 million? What percentage is he hoping for?

Edited by wagon127

22 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Wow, exactly how much extra money does Michael Thomas think they can get out of the new CBA? Will they change it to 85% of players make less then 17 million? What percentage is he hoping for?

Apparently the players are less than pleased that it is locked into < 50 % for the next decade. That’s a long time. But they still have a higher % than the other sports, right? 

9 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Games usually on mute and I fast forward from the end of a play until the O is set, not into worshipping someone telling me nothing more than I just saw on the screen

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

You lost me here, my good man. What does CBS’s decision to pay Romo have to do with the CBA negotiated negotiated between the league and the NFLPA? 

From Michael Thomas' tweet ...

"Thank you that’s why we shouldn’t sign the new CBA agreement no way the announcer should be making more then 90% of the players "

This is the kind of brainpower successful businessmen/billionaires are going up against.  That was the only point I was trying to make.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

I'm getting bored of the rich superstars whining about the CBA. The CBA benefits are focused on the majority of the roster, low pay guys who will be getting a massive pay rise. Thomas, Sherman, Wilson etc are coming across terribly. This isn't about the rich getting richer, it's about helping the majority of low pay players

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

?

Too many of these players are total idiots.....

This guy "just got his" with 100 million coming his way and he's telling the "90%" of his colleagues who make a small fraction of what he is guaranteed to vote no on a CBA that really has no impact on his vast fortune (other than he might make even more)….because a TV personality will be paid as much as him, by a TV network.

So dumb...lol

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

Michael Thomas is way out of line here. 

Not so much out of line imo, more of a poorly thought out statement, just a narrow view of the world he lives in, its not an uncommon at all, people in all walks of life are prone to this sort of thing. 

Worst case scenario, we will have to find a new hobby for a season if there is a walkout. Probably do us all a lot of good to step away for a bit... ? oh the horror... ?

I know I'm going way against the grain on this. But Romo annoys me, whether it's been football, golf, or broadcasting it just seems to me he's held on a much higher pedestal  then what he's actually accomplished and I find that off putting. You can flame away, but that's just me.

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ahhhhhh.........What's next, complaints about the salary of the Samsung CEO?

Capitalism, Mike Thomas my dear.  No way you should be making more than the LPN at County Hospital that saves people's lives every day, but It Is What It Is.

Ooh hoo This X 1000000^^^^^Mic drop......end thread

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

From Michael Thomas' tweet ...

"Thank you that’s why we shouldn’t sign the new CBA agreement no way the announcer should be making more then 90% of the players "

This is the kind of brainpower successful businessmen/billionaires are going up against.  That was the only point I was trying to make.

Gotcha. Appreciate the clarification.

• Thank you (+1) 1