Jerry Hughes says he played this season with torn wrist ligaments - NFL investigating whether Bills violated league rules with reporting injury (NFL didn’t find a violation)

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

How is it you find out players played with serious injuries after the season every year but these same players never appear on the weekly injury report for it?  

It's a good question.  In some cases, the player may not know - he may know there is pain, but X-ray was negative and he has function (is able to bend fingers and wrists, but with pain).  This may be a "don't ask, don't tell" situation where the player doesn't miss a snap of practice or game and the team attributes it to "normal post game soreness".

Here are the injury report regulations, which I find about as clear as crystal mud:

https://operations.nfl.com/media/2683/2017-nfl-injury-report-policy.pdf

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

How is it you find out players played with serious injuries after the season every year but these same players never appear on the weekly injury report for it?  

this obviously wasn't a serious injury. Never missed a game, not sure if he missed practices. If the player isn't missing practice and is in no danger of missing a game, i don't think anything needs to be reported.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SCBills said:

While everyone certainly gets banged up, some are worse than others.  Torn wrist ligaments for a DE are probably pretty tough.

Exactly.  When a good (or great) player has a down year I always wonder if it’s because they’re significantly dinged up.  This makes a lot of sense. 

59 minutes ago, klos63 said:

this obviously wasn't a serious injury. Never missed a game, not sure if he missed practices. If the player isn't missing practice and is in no danger of missing a game, i don't think anything needs to be reported.

Jack Youngblood played on a broken leg.

Bob Gibson took on 3 more batters after a line drive fractured his fibula.

that;s defying the universal force of gravity as well as pain.

I love Hughes more than most.  But we have to face the facts here and adjust our attitude.  

Hughes is held on so many plays and he has clearly been black balled by the refs.   We need to stop complaing about it and accept that it's going to continue. 

For that reason, we need to replace Hughes.  He is our premier pass rusher and he gets very little pressure.  I know it's because he is being held, but the refs just don't call holding against Hughes.  Therefore we need to move one.  We need pressure from that position. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Jack Youngblood played on a broken leg.

Bob Gibson took on 3 more batters after a line drive fractured his fibula.

that;s defying the universal force of gravity as well as pain.

Bob Baun scored cup series tying goal with broken leg.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Bob Baun scored cup series tying goal with broken leg.

for hockey they gave you a dart and swig of 50 from a stubby and out you go

i've stayed up on one lower fracture until i could get to a sitting position but when i fell on the other i had some trouble getting up...  :(

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Um ... he had three sacks in the game. 

Um...read what i was responding to dolt.

"I have also been wondering if we are going to hear about a Milano injury that has been lingering.  Seems he has had trouble wrapping up late in the year."

Talking about Milano, got it?

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Um...read what i was responding to dolt.

"I have also been wondering if we are going to hear about a Milano injury that has been lingering.  Seems he has had trouble wrapping up late in the year."

Talking about Milano, got it?

"Dolt"? Jeez. I genuinely apologize for misreading, but being a jerk is pretty lame. We're all Bills fans here.

6 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The kind of guy you want on your team. Of course, if he was JJ Watt, the NFL would award him a Purple Heart and the media would engage in word ***** with him.

Well if he was JJ Watt he'd be an elite player with elite sack production and multiple defensive player of the year awards. I wish that were the case.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, wppete said:

Jerry is a beast. A dangerous man. Hope he comes back healthy and hungry next year. 

I admire Jerry and his motor. I understand his frustration for not getting calls. But unfortunately he's burned every referee bridge that ever existed. He's become a liability to the Bills. Other tackles know they can hold him all day long and no ref in this league will touch their flag. He's officially been blackballed. We need Ngakoue to replace Trent and we need a young edge to replace Jerry. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I admire Jerry and his motor. I understand his frustration for not getting calls. But unfortunately he's burned every referee bridge that ever existed. He's become a liability to the Bills. Other tackles know they can hold him all day long and no ref in this league will touch their flag. He's officially been blackballed. We need Ngakoue to replace Trent and we need a young edge to replace Jerry. 

Jerry will be here 2 more years IMO