Who would you rather be a fan of today?

Who'd you rather be a fan of today? The Bills or:

The Patriots?

The Jets?

The Fish?

And that's just in our division. I'd rather be in OUR position than any of theirs.

OK, too small of a sample size for you? Well, how about we widen our search to the broader AFC as a whole:

Ravens?

Bengals?

Browns?

Steelers?

Texans?

Titans?

Colts?

Jaguars?

Chargers?

Raiders?

Broncos?

Chiefs?

Even on THAT list, I'd probably only want to swap places with the Chiefs, MAYBE the Ravens (based on coaching alone),  and possibly the Titans. That's it.  By my reckoning, the Bills' situation is better than TWELVE other AFC teams, which puts them in a really sweet spot at the moment. I know that spewing bile and raw emotion is all the rage these days and that logic and reason take a back seat more often than not. But if you look at the REALLY big picture, the Bills are in a pretty good place today with Beane and McDermott. Blowing all of it up would be a blunder of EPIC proportions.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Imagine how the Texans felt last year. I’m not a Bill OBrien fan and would certainly understand if they canned him last year.

This is what watching Kelly Throw a pick in the Championship game against the Bengals felt like. This is what Ronnie Harmon dropping a pass in the EZ felt like. How about watching the better team lose in our first SB because we were COMPLETELY out coached.

Facts:

McD is a young coach learning his HC Craft. It’s tough to watch but a crap coach doesn’t get us as far as we got. He still has a sizable learning curve ahead of him. Does anyone think he isn’t introspective and doesn’t self scout? Does anyone think he only has yes men and no one to point out his gaffs to him? I don’t.

JA was/Is a project QB with still untapped Upside. Here comes the most important part: Exactly like McD , admits his faults, works on his weaknesses, square miles of room to grow. Some on here seem to believe this is as good as he can be. Some people on here are fools.

This team is a middling team in terms of talent. We have tremendous amounts of cap space, the best talent evaluators we have had since??? , and a GM most of us trust.

You can’t second guess the Football Gods. When two of your best players sandwich their QB for a sack that every QB goes down under but Watson doesn’t???? It hurts like hell but props to the kid. Let JA watch that play, learn from it and meditate on next year.

I LOVE where we are positioned in terms of the next few years in the League ?

• Like (+1) 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 8

I would rather my coaching staff not go into their turtle shell when up two scores. 

I would rather have my coaching staff to have a killer instinct. 

I would rather my coaching staff do what they preach and get better everyday. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I agree OP

This team and fanbase have nothing to be ashamed of.

Despite all the chaos of the 4th quarter they were in a position to win it until that BS crack back block call on Ford put them out of FG range.

We need reasonable voices posting here. 

Sure it hurts to lose this game but like the players we need to pull up our socks and stand up for Buffalo.

This team is going to be great and soon Buffalo will be talking proud again :)

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The Patriots?

The Jets?

The Fish?

And that's just in our division. I'd rather be in OUR position than any of theirs.

OK, too small of a sample size for you? Well, how about we widen our search to the broader AFC as a whole:

Ravens?

Bengals?

Browns?

Steelers?

Texans?

Titans?

Colts?

Jaguars?

Chargers?

Raiders?

Broncos?

Chiefs?

Even on THAT list, I'd probably only want to swap places with the Chiefs, MAYBE the Ravens (based on coaching alone),  and possibly the Titans. That's it.  By my reckoning, the Bills' situation is better than TWELVE other AFC teams, which puts them in a really sweet spot at the moment. I know that spewing bile and raw emotion is all the rage these days and that logic and reason take a back seat more often than not. But if you look at the REALLY big picture, the Bills are in a pretty good place today with Beane and McDermott. Blowing all of it up would be a blunder of EPIC proportions.

you may as well ask who do you think has the next young franchise qb 

if the answers us, definitely. If not, we are in the spin cycle with the rest of them for the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 3

Oh, this thread should be fun...

To the OP: I went to my first Bills game 51 years ago. I have never been a fan of any other team and never will be. I (and many other Bills fans) have gone through far worse than the loss last night. I like the front office and HC, I like our QB, I like the core of the young talent on this team, and I love the direction this team is headed. 

There are a couple of teams out there in the AFC that are looking pretty good for the near future and I am sure it is a good time for their fans; however, I think I will stay with my team.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would rather my coaching staff not go into their turtle shell when up two scores. 

These are my biggest concerns as well. We saw it all season long. Josh had a couple bad plays, but was mostly outstanding. I generally didn’t feel like the players let us down... it was the coaches putting players in the only spots they could fail in key moments.

• Like (+1) 2

Honestly the only team in the division that concerns me for the foreseeable future is the fish because I think their coach looks like the real deal and they have draft capital.  2020 won't be their year but after that....

The Pats?  Of course they have a chance to stay relevant but they are far from guaranteed.  What offensive threats do they have?  Who is there best player on offense?

Tge Jets have talent and Gase.  Nope.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills lost 4 of their last 5 games.

I am concerned that next year will not be as kind in the schedule,  lack of injuries and some luck that got us to ten wins.

Good chance of regression,  and last night did nothing to assuage my concerns. 

• Like (+1) 6

29 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The Patriots?

The Jets?

The Fish?

Ravens?

Bengals?

Browns?

Steelers?

Texans?

Titans?

Colts?

Jaguars?

Chargers?

Raiders?

Broncos?

Chiefs?

The blunder of epic proportions was losing to the Texans...which I blame on a coaching staff who are completely inept at managing a game.

While your point is appreciated, you fail to address the one glaring issue: McD has a ceiling. We have witnessed McD's inability to competently manage a game all too often, with yesterday being the peak of that mountain by being outcoached by Bill O'Brien (omg!). If you want to start threads like this then you have to address the reality of our situation, that McD is fatally flawed. With McD at the helm, the Bills will have to overcome his incompetence every season, it won't be enough to simply be better than other teams (as we saw yesterday). The Bills will have to be better and get lucky....We are not is some great situation relative to other teams. We have an inept coach who will only succeed in spite of himself. 

Next year, when the luck of having a cupcake schedule is gone, we will not be singing the praises of a guy who can't see the forest through the trees.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Me too. And I think this gut-wrenching, never-should-have-happened loss will be a wake-up call. He will HAVE to analyze those missed opportunities, and he will grow. The whole team will.

I am concerned about Miami, though. That team is in an outstanding position with a badass HC.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

The Bills lost 4 of their last 5 games.

I am concerned that next year will not be as kind in the schedule,  lack of injuries and some luck that got us to ten wins.

Good chance of regression,  and last night did nothing to assuage my concerns. 

What’s funny is I agree I think the Bills ate in for regression as well, and yet will still be better positioned to win the division. 

put another way, say we go 9-7 , but two of the wins are against the Pats, who also face the same schedule the Bills do. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

The blunder of epic proportions was losing to the Texans...which I blame on a coaching staff who are completely inept at managing a game.

While your point is appreciated, you fail to address the one glaring issue: McD has a ceiling. We have witnessed McD's inability to competently manage a game all too often, with yesterday being the peak of that mountain by being outcoached by Bill O'Brien (omg!). If you want to start threads like this then you have to address the reality of our situation, that McD is fatally flawed. With McD at the helm, the Bills will have to overcome his incompetence every season, it won't be enough to simply be better than other teams (as we saw yesterday). The Bills will have to be better and get lucky....We are not is some great situation relative to other teams. We have an inept coach who will only succeed in spite of himself. 

Next year, when the luck of having a cupcake schedule is gone, we will not be singing the praises of a guy who can't see the forest through the trees.

Speaking of not seeing the forest for the trees: what's your miracle succession plan?

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok I'll ask you the same thing: what's your succession plan?

37 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This.  Along with a few less missed tackles, a Williams TD at end of half, and a Brown catch inside the 5 yard line.  Plus Ford was brutal out there.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Imagine how the Texans felt last year. I’m not a Bill OBrien fan and would certainly understand if they canned him last year.

This is what watching Kelly Throw a pick in the Championship game against the Bengals felt like. This is what Ronnie Harmon dropping a pass in the EZ felt like. How about watching the better team lose in our first SB because we were COMPLETELY out coached.

Facts:

McD is a young coach learning his HC Craft. It’s tough to watch but a crap coach doesn’t get us as far as we got. He still has a sizable learning curve ahead of him. Does anyone think he isn’t introspective and doesn’t self scout? Does anyone think he only has yes men and no one to point out his gaffs to him? I don’t.

JA was/Is a project QB with still untapped Upside. Here comes the most important part: Exactly like McD , admits his faults, works on his weaknesses, square miles of room to grow. Some on here seem to believe this is as good as he can be. Some people on here are fools.

This team is a middling team in terms of talent. We have tremendous amounts of cap space, the best talent evaluators we have had since??? , and a GM most of us trust.

You can’t second guess the Football Gods. When two of your best players sandwich their QB for a sack that every QB goes down under but Watson doesn’t???? It hurts like hell but props to the kid. Let JA watch that play, learn from it and meditate on next year.

I LOVE where we are positioned in terms of the next few years in the League ?

I think the fact they both hot him from opposite sides actually helped him stay balanced.  To bad some bad tackling cost us.

• Like (+1) 2