Tre NOT shadowing Hopkins

Virgil

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

https://buffalonews.com/2020/01/02/buffalo-bills-houston-texans-tredavious-white-deandre-hopkins/

I think this is beyond stupid, especially if Fuller doesn't play.  There's no reason for him to cover anyone else

Not surprising at all. Texans line up Hopkins in the slot once in a while - and Tre's talents are a wee bit wasted there. Happened last year too when Tre was not covering Hopkins on several snaps. Watson to Hopkins will hopefully not be like Brady to Edelman.

Having said that, I wouldnt be surprised if this was just a smokescreen - especially since Hopkins kinda baited Tre.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I think he will be covering Hopkins at least 90% of the time, if not more. Yeah I wouldn't read too much into it. If for some odd reason he isn't covering Hopkins for a majority of the game, then yeah I agree that would be pretty silly.

Belichick up until this season did that all the time: put 2 on the best WR and lined up his best CB on the other side.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

https://buffalonews.com/2020/01/02/buffalo-bills-houston-texans-tredavious-white-deandre-hopkins/

I think this is beyond stupid, especially if Fuller doesn't play.  There's no reason for him to cover anyone else

Tre follows around ***** DeVante Parker in a regular season game, you think he's really not going to shadow Nuk this week?  Come on man lol.  Don't take what players say about the gameplay on a Thursday at face value

Edited by Laughing Coffin

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

One, I seriously doubt they are going to give the full and accurate details to an opponent before a payoff game.  Two, doesnt matter what they say, they can always make in game adjustments and changes.

If D Hop is torching everyone else, believe me, Tre will be on him.  

To reiterate what others are saying you cannot take anything valuable from these responses to questions. But... that said there is some logic to not having Tre shadow Hopkins all game. Hopkins is so good that even with Tre on him all game you will likely need safety help on a lot of plays to ensure you keep him covered. Well if youre going to have a safety help no matter what then we will probably be ok with Kevin on him. Especially if Fuller cant go, you can have Kevin and a safety over top on Hopkins and then have Tre on Stills completely alone on that side of the field.  Because Tre on Stills 1:1 with Hopkins being doubled > Kevin on Stills 1:1 and Hopkins being doubled.

I’m not even worried about all this nonsense , 

we know what we have in Tre ...

im more interested to see how Texans defense will be able to handle our offense...

I’m expecting a BIG game on offense and I think that after the game the conversation will be about OUR offense having a BIG game and basically destroying the Texans,

GO BILLS !!!

Edited by Putin

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

One, I seriously doubt they are going to give the full and accurate details to an opponent before a payoff game.  Two, doesnt matter what they say, they can always make in game adjustments and changes.

If D Hop is torching everyone else, believe me, Tre will be on him.  

If Hopkins goes nuts on the right side and we lose, that is going to strongly impact the worth of a zone CB who can only shut down 1/3  of the field.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

Misinformation, 3D chess...

Go Bills!!!

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

meh. Hopkins would be blanket doubled if not covered by tre and tre should shut down stills 1-1 pretty reliably opposite that. If they know where to constantly shade safeties (to Johnson) it may make it a bit easier on the back end  organization.

it’ll be fine either way, despite dramatic gut reactions 

Hopkins really tore into Tre in an interview to be aired tomorrow on the NFLN pregame show.  

saying something along the lines of he’s a zone corner and that he doesn’t cover on island like Revis and the others. 

It’s gonna get real interesting tomorrow.  Lets hope our pass rush can give Tre a hand