Dolphins hire Chan Gailey as OC

FluffHead

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Chan was good with the offensive side of the ball, he just wasn't a good head coach. If they get a couple more playmakers and fix that OL I would expect them to take a nice 2nd year step forward under Flores. 

Agreed.  He seemed to leave something to be desired in the hiring of assistant coaches, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.  Then he demonstrated loyalty to people who should have been canned. He has a nice offensive system though.  It's both QB friendly and productive in the running game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Have you started drinking already?

o’Shea is the younger up and coming OC and did a very good job with the trash talent in MIA. And also turned Parker into a viable WR. 

fire him for a dinosaur that has many connections to Fitz. Yeah smart move choosing Fitz as your 2020 QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

o’Shea is the younger up and coming OC and did a very good job with the trash talent in MIA. And also turned Parker into a viable WR. 

fire him for a dinosaur that has many connections to Fitz. Yeah smart move choosing Fitz as your 2020 QB. 

I get what you're saying, just sounds funnier with a drunk slur.

I actually think this shows well on the Dolphins as an organization.  They’re most likely gonna draft Tua who won’t be ready to play.  Fitz brought them respectability this year.  You don’t just tank and then suddenly expect young draft picks to turn an organization around.  Ask Cleveland how that’s turned out.  They’re clearly trying to make Fitz happy with the Gailey move and I think that is a hell of a lot smarter than starting over with a lesser placeholder than Fitzmagic.  

• Like (+1) 1

The 2010 Bills went 4-4 their last four games and showed promise at the end of that season.  Enough for me to wanna see Fitz coming back in 2011.

Crazy 9 years later history might be repeating itself in the division 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Are Fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson far behind?

Stevie still looks like he could ball out as of last year.  Heck I wouldn’t mind bringing him back in training camp 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Chan's retirements never last long. Retired after fired by KC as OC. Retired again after fired by the Bills as HC. Retired again after fired by the Jets as OC.

Nice guy. And his spread style offenses are ironically a better fit in the NFL now than they were 10 years ago. Nobody knows Fitz like Chan.

Gailey is a good example of why Brian Daboll doesn't get more respect.........he doesn't deserve it.  

In 2011 and 2012 Gailey got more production out of notably less talent than Daboll has now.   He's more often than not coached above the talent. 

For all I know Daboll could be a great leader of men and make a great HC.........which Gailey was NOT............but as an OC Daboll has proven time and again that he gives you not one iota better than the talent you give him.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Gailey is a good example of why Brian Daboll doesn't get more respect.........he doesn't deserve it.  

In 2011 and 2012 Gailey got more production out of notably less talent than Daboll has now.   He's more often than not coached above the talent. 

For all I know Daboll could be a great leader of men and make a great HC.........which Gailey was NOT............but as an OC Daboll has proven time and again that he gives you not one iota better than the talent you give him.  

Gailey designed a creative spread offense to maximize the limited talent he had at the moment. Daboll appears to be laying the foundation of a complex Erhardt-Perkins system that will benefit Allen in the long-term, though currently without all the requisite pieces surrounding the QB. Gailey had a 6th/7th/8th year pro with Fitzpatrick. Daboll is still teaching Allen some QB fundamentals that he never learned in high school and college. So two very different situations! This probably reads as if I'm a Daboll apologist. I'm really not, though. I will call for his firing if next season's offense isn't at least comfortably within the top half of the league.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Looks like Fitzmagic is pencilled in for starter....again.

He goes to every team as BU QB then wins the starting job gets a contract then falls on his beard ;)

This time, though, he seems to be improving the longer he plays, which is a new scenario for Fitzy.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They were not a good offense in 2012: 21st in points, 19th in yards, 20th in offensive DVOA, and 28th in offensive turnovers. That's not the worst in the world, but it's basically where the Bills' offense was this season albeit with worse turnover numbers.