Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Yea, let's excuse Knox  for missing key blocks on a game winning call by Daboll in OT. Of course any play that doesn't work is in the OC. We had that game won, if not for the players. That " thanks for playing" line is weak. Even a person with no knowledge, as you allege, can see players lack of execution. But you're so smart you won't acknowledge the missed assignment that would have would have won the game in ot.

Thanks for playing.

Absolutely true, that QB sweep was going to go into fg range. Ahh coulda woulda shoulda though ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

After what McDaniels pulled with the Colts I wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole.

The sleaze is strong with that team, from the owner down. The fact that the NFL treats them as the flagship franchise of the league is witness to ethical apathy and the preference for expediency, money, and overt success over integrity and untainted achievement as the standard for genuine champions.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yep another reason why the expectations for the Bills in 2020 should be HEEEEEEYYYUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

10 win team prior year + massive amount of cap space + 9 draft picks + continuity everywhere that matters on the field and management = your year.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

Hooray!!! Now Allen gets continuity.

For the record, I think it's good we've got Daboll for a 3rd year in a row with Allen.

Just want to get that in before I throw any criticism at him this offseason or next season. :flirt:

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Huge. And really pretty amazing the turnover that happens in the NFL.

This has really been set up as an ideal first 3 years to develop a super raw QB talent like Allen.

Expecting big things next season. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Hooray!!! Now Allen gets continuity.

For the record, I think it's good we've got Daboll for a 3rd year in a row with Allen.

Just want to get that in before I throw any criticism at him this offseason or next season. :flirt:

Huge. And really pretty amazing the turnover that happens in the NFL.

This has really been set up as an ideal first 3 years to develop a super raw QB talent like Allen.

Expecting big things next season. :thumbsup:

Perhaps an MVP candidate worthy season? ?

• Like (+1) 1

Pat Shurmur new OC in Denver.

Wonder if he was in line to be Bills OC if Daboll left?  Broncos fired their OC and hired Shurmur after Browns hired their guy and Daboll was secure to stay here.  Didn’t hear much about his landing spot until now.  

McD and Shurmur coached together in Philly, so they have a connection. 

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, I know its not something anyone can truly answer.  Myself, I am back and forth on Daboll.  I think at times he doesn't call very good plays.  Sure, he calls stuff that could work but is he calling stuff that is right.  Its tough to put how I feel in words.  I actually thought he called a pretty good game last week... until he stopped running the football.  Can't have a one dimensional offense.  Its one thing to do that when you have to.  Its another to do that just because.  I also have a problem with him taking our best players off the field and sprinting Lee Smith and Dimarco out 5 wide.  I don't care how "genius" a play seems... its never genius to take your best football players off the field.

I have similar mixed feelings.  At times Daboll calls very well defined and effective plays and we just don’t execute.  At other times it doesn’t seem like the right call for the right time in the game.  It doesn’t flow properly.  I’ve said this elsewhere it reminds me of Vizinni in The Princess Bride (the Iocaine powder scene).  We’re aligned about the “best players” thing.  It has a time and place - like when he manages to slip DDawk or Lee Smith uncovered into the end zone for a TD - but out wide, in a key game situation - Errrrp!

Since we’ve got him another year, I can only hope that McDermott is sincere about the continuous improvement mindset and that part of that will involve some serious self-scouting on the part of our offense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I really do think we see the offense take a big step forward for two main reasons.

First, personnel will be added.

Second, continuity under what has been described as a complex playbook that changes week to week based off opponents weaknesses. 
I also like Daboll back for Josh. This will be Josh’s third season under the same system terms and will be big for him moving forward.  Basically this is Josh’s third year of playing against NFL caliber defenses verses college where he played with and against below average college talent consistently. 
Josh will have a solid foundation moving forward after this third season with Daboll. My hope is our offense looks so good a team has to hire Daboll as it’s HC. McDermott finds a good OC and the offense doesn’t skip a beat. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1