Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
finn

If Patriots are cheating, what are the possibilities?

Recommended Posts

On 12/24/2019 at 9:42 AM, I'm Spartacus said:

The majority of fans believe the Pats*** cheat all the time. They have been caught with the couple of biggies you mention above,

but I do not believe they would waste valuable resources and effort to spy, tape, and do all this little stuff everyone thinks they do.

Good/excellent organizations shouldn't have to do this.  It's all about execution out on the field with good plays, coaching, and execution IMHO.

The cheating Pats thing has gotten overblown.

Am I missing something? They got caught doing EXACTLY that.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2019 at 3:31 PM, DC Tom said:

 

You can always spot the Patriots fans on the internet.  They invariably link to that site.  :lol:

 

Funny website, clearly shows that the pats are merely victims in any cheating that happened. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roger Goodell and the other owners made a conscious decision to sweep this under the rug so that their corporate greedathon can continue uninterrupted

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They got caught 3 times as an organization, not individual players.

 

If you got caught 3 times that means you did it 300 times

 

How do you account for their low fumble counts? (deflating the football)

How do you account for their few penalties on their offensive line for holding? Even when they mug people?

How do you account for players who leave and suck almost every time?

How do you account for their coaches sucking when they leave?

Why did McDaniel's get busted for cheating taping?

How did Mangini know where the Pats were cheating?

And why in the world did Goddell BURN the evidence after 1 day?

 

I hated the Cowboys of the 90's, but they were legitimately good. A great dominant team wins 2-4 SBs, not 6, and not a ton of Superbowls.

 

They are the worst team ever and the fact the NFL hasn't stripped them of their titles is proof they are too concerned about the image of the league, and encourage cheating.

 

Edited by BigBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Bengals video is probably a tone down version of what they did to the Rams and probably plenty other teams. They have been caught doing this before and basically got a slap on the hand. Whenever you are a repeat offender you almost alway get a worse penalty than the first time u did it. I'm sorry but the video from the Bengals shows that the Patriots have still been doing this since they were caught the 1st time. Everything they have done is tainted and should be stripped from them. They should lose two 1st rd picks, be heavily fined and Kraft or Belicheat or both needs to be suspended or banned from the game. Anything less makes the NFL look like total bull####, they might as well change their name to the NEL, National Entertainment League because there is no real football being played here.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 11:48 AM, prissythecat said:

 

 

Not on this board where most  believe there is a conspiracy in the NFL to favor the Pats

I’ll simply point out this.  The 3 owner subcommittee who’s job it was to negotiate and recommend Goodell’s compensation package to the league owners for approval consisted of: Kraft, Rooney and Mara.  Do you think it is coincidence that (even before I learned of this) the three teams that I’d have put at the top of the list of favoritism from the league were the Patriots, the Steelers and the Giants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I’ll simply point out this.  The 3 owner subcommittee who’s job it was to negotiate and recommend Goodell’s compensation package to the league owners for approval consisted of: Kraft, Rooney and Mara.  Do you think it is coincidence that (even before I learned of this) the three teams that I’d have put at the top of the list of favoritism from the league were the Patriots, the Steelers and the Giants?

 

in short , yes.   thats because the bolded statement is obviously  just your opinion.   can you link some articles where we have media or sports writers commenting on rampant favoritism for said 3 teams?     if there are then ,  im good with your statement as fact.

Edited by prissythecat
grammar correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Patriot organization will continue to cheat as long as there is no grave punishment. Look at the slap on the hand the Astros got. It's a joke.....

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

 

in short , yes.   thats because the bolded statement is obviously  just your opinion.   can you link some articles where we have media or sports writers commenting on rampant favoritism for said 3 teams?     if there are then ,  im good with your statement as fact.

Do you also need proof the earth is round.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a book about this.  It is an investigation into whether the Cheats***  really cheat or not.  There are quotes from players, coaches, footnotes, statistics, etc.  it is very well done.

 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15830772-spygate

 

There is a reason the Eagles did a fake walk through and then did their real  one in a hotel ballroom.  There are pretty strong allegations and evidence that the Cheats*** video taped the Rams and possibly other SB walk troughs.  Marshall Falk tells of a play they put in before the SB and never ran it on film.  When they lined up for it, amazingly the Cheats** were in THE PERFECT defense to stop it.  Peyton Manning never discussed strategy in Gillette locker room cuz he thinks the locker room is bugged.  The mysterious helmet radio cut offs at key points in games is also covered.  Flutie's comment about Tommy's helmet radio and on and on.

 

That Philly Shuffle would never had worked if they did it int heir official walk through.  Would have been stuffed for a loss.  But since they had never seen it ...

 

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 5:17 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

The only drones that believe the Patriots don't cheat are their delusional fans. This is Bill Belichick's legacy. Sad commentary on his disgusting ethics. His son will probably do the same.

Belichick will use real Drones, no doubt...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stuvian said:

Roger Goodell and the other owners made a conscious decision to sweep this under the rug so that their corporate greedathon can continue uninterrupted

Exactly.  It cracks me up so many people bring up the word "conspiracy". What's been going on in Boston for 20 years is hardly a conspiracy.  It's called a business model. Brady & Belichick bring millions of eyes and revenue to the league.  It only makes sense to ignore infractions and give them a little officiating love to help them along. This all goes away when B&B leave/retire. Is it fair? No! But life isn't fair. No conspiracy,  just business and $$. And as crazy as this seems, maybe someday Josh becomes good enough to attract eyes,  revenue and calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 8:48 AM, prissythecat said:

 

 

Not on this board where most  believe there is a conspiracy in the NFL to favor the Pats

Which is the most annoying thing about this board.

Brady and Belichick have just been better.  Somehow the majority of this board believes 31 other billionaires are ok with the NFL favoring the Patriots as well as a union representing a couple hundred officials.  Because 31 billionaires are fine with losing. Happens all the time. The Kennedy assignation conspiracy is more plausible.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The Patriot organization will continue to cheat as long as there is no grave punishment. Look at the slap on the hand the Astros got. It's a joke.....

Do you also need proof the earth is round.

 

 

Apples and oranges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 11:48 AM, prissythecat said:

 

 

Not on this board where most  believe there is a conspiracy in the NFL to favor the Pats

No conspiracies needed. The Patriots cheat regularly and they have been caught three times now in a major way. Not once, not twice, but three and a rational person would tend to believe there were many more times where they simply weren't caught. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly.  It cracks me up so many people bring up the word "conspiracy". What's been going on in Boston for 20 years is hardly a conspiracy.  It's called a business model. Brady & Belichick bring millions of eyes and revenue to the league.  It only makes sense to ignore infractions and give them a little officiating love to help them along. This all goes away when B&B leave/retire. Is it fair? No! But life isn't fair. No conspiracy,  just business and $$. And as crazy as this seems, maybe someday Josh becomes good enough to attract eyes,  revenue and calls.

IMO the sports leagues will have to implement technology to replace hand signals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you invalidate the Patriots dynasty then everything the future greats do is called into question as well.

 

Does anyone even take the Tour de France winner seriously anymore? After a year or two you find out that the top 7 finishers all get caught doping and the 8th place finisher is the real winner.            

 

That's like finishing out this season with KC or SF winning it all and then 2 years from now we have to go back and strip the titles and find someone who was clean and say (for example) "Congratulations to the Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders, winners of the 2019 Super Bowl!"

 

It makes the entire sport pointless to watch. 

          

And it just starts a cycle of doubt in sports fans' eyes. Is Mahomes really that great, or is Andy Reid cheating somehow? Is McDermott REALLY a defensive mastermind, or does he know the other team's plays in advance? How is it that a 3rd round RB named Singletary is unstoppable in the playoffs and leading the Bills to a Super Bowl win?

 

At the end of the day, New England won and lost on the field, not because of cheating. They could very easily be 4-4 in the Super Bowl, with 1 blowout loss. OTHER TEAMS'dumb decisions are they reason they won 2 of their Super Bowls. 

 

All the Falcons had to do up 28-3 (which is 4 scores) is run the football, get even 1 or 2 first downs the entire 4th quarter and they win by 10+ points because there wasn't time for NE to come back with 4 scores. Even with all the turnovers and penalties that Atlanta had NE needed the entire clock in the 4th quarter to tie it up. If Atlanta just played Martyball once they got up 28-3 they win. 

 

If Seattle just runs the ball, they win as well. 

 

I hate New England as much as anyone, believe me. They are the monster under my bed, the boogeyman in the closet, the snake under my chair. But they deserve credit for what they did. 

 

       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 6:55 AM, BigBillsFan said:

They got caught 3 times as an organization, not individual players.

 

If you got caught 3 times that means you did it 300 times

 

How do you account for their low fumble counts? (deflating the football)

How do you account for their few penalties on their offensive line for holding? Even when they mug people?

How do you account for players who leave and suck almost every time?

How do you account for their coaches sucking when they leave?

Why did McDaniel's get busted for cheating taping?

How did Mangini know where the Pats were cheating?

And why in the world did Goddell BURN the evidence after 1 day?

 

I hated the Cowboys of the 90's, but they were legitimately good. A great dominant team wins 2-4 SBs, not 6, and not a ton of Superbowls.

 

They are the worst team ever and the fact the NFL hasn't stripped them of their titles is proof they are too concerned about the image of the league, and encourage cheating.

 

All you need to do is look up Benjarvis Green Ellis fumble stats with the Patriots and on the other two teams he played on. Everything should be taken away from that organization.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Which is the most annoying thing about this board.

Brady and Belichick have just been better.  Somehow the majority of this board believes 31 other billionaires are ok with the NFL favoring the Patriots as well as a union representing a couple hundred officials.  Because 31 billionaires are fine with losing. Happens all the time. The Kennedy assignation conspiracy is more plausible.


Yes, they’ve been better...and they also have cheated multiple times. There’s just no getting around it.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thebandit27 said:


Yes, they’ve been better...and they also have cheated multiple times. There’s just no getting around it.

Agree they cheated. But no conspiracy to see them win. The only conspiracy is the destruction of the tapes and that was to protect the entire league. NFL needed the controversy to go away and video makes everything worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I hate New England as much as anyone, believe me. They are the monster under my bed, the boogeyman in the closet, the snake under my chair. But they deserve credit for what they did. 

 

I give them ZERO credit.  Maybe they're good but since they cheat I don't know.  And, it's not speculation, it's been proven 3 times.  Who knows what else they are doing?  Bugging the opponent's locker room?  Screwing with headsets?  Taping SB opponent's walk throughs?

 

Good chance they did it all plus more.

 

They got caught red handed 3 times.  Can we really assume those are the ONLY 3 times they've cheated?

 

In reddog's book, they get ZERO credit.

 

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree they cheated. But no conspiracy to see them win. The only conspiracy is the destruction of the tapes and that was to protect the entire league. NFL needed the controversy to go away and video makes everything worse.

 

How do you know this? 

 

It's not hard to imagine that a league that would destroy evidence would not do other unsavory things.

Edited by reddogblitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...