If Patriots are cheating, what are the possibilities?

finn

6 hours ago, stuvian said:

Roger Goodell and the other owners made a conscious decision to sweep this under the rug so that their corporate greedathon can continue uninterrupted

Exactly.  It cracks me up so many people bring up the word "conspiracy". What's been going on in Boston for 20 years is hardly a conspiracy.  It's called a business model. Brady & Belichick bring millions of eyes and revenue to the league.  It only makes sense to ignore infractions and give them a little officiating love to help them along. This all goes away when B&B leave/retire. Is it fair? No! But life isn't fair. No conspiracy,  just business and $$. And as crazy as this seems, maybe someday Josh becomes good enough to attract eyes,  revenue and calls.

On 12/24/2019 at 8:48 AM, prissythecat said:

Not on this board where most  believe there is a conspiracy in the NFL to favor the Pats

Which is the most annoying thing about this board.

Brady and Belichick have just been better.  Somehow the majority of this board believes 31 other billionaires are ok with the NFL favoring the Patriots as well as a union representing a couple hundred officials.  Because 31 billionaires are fine with losing. Happens all the time. The Kennedy assignation conspiracy is more plausible.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/24/2019 at 11:48 AM, prissythecat said:

Not on this board where most  believe there is a conspiracy in the NFL to favor the Pats

No conspiracies needed. The Patriots cheat regularly and they have been caught three times now in a major way. Not once, not twice, but three and a rational person would tend to believe there were many more times where they simply weren't caught. 

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly.  It cracks me up so many people bring up the word "conspiracy". What's been going on in Boston for 20 years is hardly a conspiracy.  It's called a business model. Brady & Belichick bring millions of eyes and revenue to the league.  It only makes sense to ignore infractions and give them a little officiating love to help them along. This all goes away when B&B leave/retire. Is it fair? No! But life isn't fair. No conspiracy,  just business and $$. And as crazy as this seems, maybe someday Josh becomes good enough to attract eyes,  revenue and calls.

IMO the sports leagues will have to implement technology to replace hand signals

If you invalidate the Patriots dynasty then everything the future greats do is called into question as well.

Does anyone even take the Tour de France winner seriously anymore? After a year or two you find out that the top 7 finishers all get caught doping and the 8th place finisher is the real winner.            

That's like finishing out this season with KC or SF winning it all and then 2 years from now we have to go back and strip the titles and find someone who was clean and say (for example) "Congratulations to the Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders, winners of the 2019 Super Bowl!"

It makes the entire sport pointless to watch. 

And it just starts a cycle of doubt in sports fans' eyes. Is Mahomes really that great, or is Andy Reid cheating somehow? Is McDermott REALLY a defensive mastermind, or does he know the other team's plays in advance? How is it that a 3rd round RB named Singletary is unstoppable in the playoffs and leading the Bills to a Super Bowl win?

At the end of the day, New England won and lost on the field, not because of cheating. They could very easily be 4-4 in the Super Bowl, with 1 blowout loss. OTHER TEAMS'dumb decisions are they reason they won 2 of their Super Bowls. 

All the Falcons had to do up 28-3 (which is 4 scores) is run the football, get even 1 or 2 first downs the entire 4th quarter and they win by 10+ points because there wasn't time for NE to come back with 4 scores. Even with all the turnovers and penalties that Atlanta had NE needed the entire clock in the 4th quarter to tie it up. If Atlanta just played Martyball once they got up 28-3 they win. 

If Seattle just runs the ball, they win as well. 

I hate New England as much as anyone, believe me. They are the monster under my bed, the boogeyman in the closet, the snake under my chair. But they deserve credit for what they did. 

On 1/15/2020 at 6:55 AM, BigBillsFan said:

They got caught 3 times as an organization, not individual players.

If you got caught 3 times that means you did it 300 times

How do you account for their low fumble counts? (deflating the football)

How do you account for their few penalties on their offensive line for holding? Even when they mug people?

How do you account for players who leave and suck almost every time?

How do you account for their coaches sucking when they leave?

Why did McDaniel's get busted for cheating taping?

How did Mangini know where the Pats were cheating?

And why in the world did Goddell BURN the evidence after 1 day?

I hated the Cowboys of the 90's, but they were legitimately good. A great dominant team wins 2-4 SBs, not 6, and not a ton of Superbowls.

They are the worst team ever and the fact the NFL hasn't stripped them of their titles is proof they are too concerned about the image of the league, and encourage cheating.

All you need to do is look up Benjarvis Green Ellis fumble stats with the Patriots and on the other two teams he played on. Everything should be taken away from that organization.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Which is the most annoying thing about this board.

Brady and Belichick have just been better.  Somehow the majority of this board believes 31 other billionaires are ok with the NFL favoring the Patriots as well as a union representing a couple hundred officials.  Because 31 billionaires are fine with losing. Happens all the time. The Kennedy assignation conspiracy is more plausible.

Yes, they’ve been better...and they also have cheated multiple times. There’s just no getting around it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Yes, they’ve been better...and they also have cheated multiple times. There’s just no getting around it.

Agree they cheated. But no conspiracy to see them win. The only conspiracy is the destruction of the tapes and that was to protect the entire league. NFL needed the controversy to go away and video makes everything worse.

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I hate New England as much as anyone, believe me. They are the monster under my bed, the boogeyman in the closet, the snake under my chair. But they deserve credit for what they did. 

I give them ZERO credit.  Maybe they're good but since they cheat I don't know.  And, it's not speculation, it's been proven 3 times.  Who knows what else they are doing?  Bugging the opponent's locker room?  Screwing with headsets?  Taping SB opponent's walk throughs?

Good chance they did it all plus more.

They got caught red handed 3 times.  Can we really assume those are the ONLY 3 times they've cheated?

In reddog's book, they get ZERO credit.

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree they cheated. But no conspiracy to see them win. The only conspiracy is the destruction of the tapes and that was to protect the entire league. NFL needed the controversy to go away and video makes everything worse.

How do you know this? 

It's not hard to imagine that a league that would destroy evidence would not do other unsavory things.

Edited by reddogblitz