we need a big receiver on the field for the end of games tired of this *****

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The 3rd most passing yards in the league Falcons?  Although they are only like 13th in points.

So they can pass all along the field but can't score, didn't this is what we try to solve?

On 12/21/2019 at 6:50 PM, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

This is really getting stupid to not have a big receiver on the field at the end of games. I’m sure we will get one next year. But you have to use who you got on the roster. I don’t want to hear it from anyone and I will not let it go. Duke Williams is on this roster and he needs to be used. I’m f-ing pissed ? 

I would like to see us sign another weapon at TE and draft a big WR. 

We lost that game for a lot more reasons than not having a big receiver at the end. However, in three of the four losses we were in the red zone and, if my memory serves me correctly, twice had goal to go, when a TD would win or tie the game in the 4th quarter   So, all other things being equal, I would love a big sure handed  receiver for those situations. Not sure he is on the team right now or not. 

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Nope got, it. You missed mine.

Ryan has thrown 110 more passes than Josh and Jones/Ridley have 155 rec for 13 tds. 

Brown/Beasley have 139 rec for 12 tds 

And the falcons are 6-9. 

110 more passes by Josh and the short guys are right there with them, if not past them. 

I missed the point you made about a post you missed the point of? I think you need to regroup here bud.

19 hours ago, Mojo44 said:

We lost that game for a lot more reasons than not having a big receiver at the end. However, in three of the four losses we were in the red zone and, if my memory serves me correctly, twice had goal to go, when a TD would win or tie the game in the 4th quarter   So, all other things being equal, I would love a big sure handed  receiver for those situations. Not sure he is on the team right now or not. 

He's there they're just not activating him, i don't know why they bother, why keep a roster spot for some one that won't be being used . 

I hope they put him to work this week & he makes it where they can't keep him off the field !! DUKE !! 

20 hours ago, Dopey said:

Duke wasn't even the best receiver on his cfl team. 101 incomplete passes to him in his 2 years in Canada. 101! That's a lot of passes left on the field.

All we have his a cfl highlight clip of Duke. His teammate has 1 too. Has a lower incomplete % too. 132 attempts to him in 2017 and only 32 incomplete.

Duke had 37 incomplete in only 83 attempts! Duke then had 64 incomplete in 2018. Maybe we signed the wrong guy.

Yah but if they get him & he's on the bench it does no good ! But he sure looks as if he could be a weapon in this offense !! 

On 12/21/2019 at 6:50 PM, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

This is really getting stupid to not have a big receiver on the field at the end of games. I’m sure we will get one next year. But you have to use who you got on the roster. I don’t want to hear it from anyone and I will not let it go. Duke Williams is on this roster and he needs to be used. I’m f-ing pissed ? 

we need another receiver who can get separation and catch the ball with regularity - big would be  plus but not at the expense of the first two requirements.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/21/2019 at 8:40 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Or you could ask why are the fanatics so stubborn on this insisting Williams should be playing?

Because he is tall.  Certain fans here believe that you throw the ball up in the air and he out jumps everybody and catches it every time.   They see him as Julio Jones of the CFL.  

The coaches apparently are not as gifted as these fans, they see a guy that has marginal speed and can’t get open, or something like that.  

8 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

we need another receiver who can get separation and catch the ball with regularity - big would be  plus but not at the expense of the first two requirements.  

Allens high velocirty throwing style would benefit greatly with bigger targets /bigger catching radius IMO.

Myself personally,  all 3 requirements are a must.

(Being a man of good character might also be a requirement Bills HC McD may insist on when drafting)

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Duke is really below average. He can't separate. 

None of our receivers consistently get separation. The difference is his size as physicality. He has been shown to often out muscle his competition and or have a good ability to high point his catches...

17 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

None of our receivers consistently get separation. The difference is his size as physicality. He has been shown to often out muscle his competition and or have a good ability to high point his catches...

He has shown very limited amounts. I just think he is fundamentally not an NFL level talent. He is a practice squad level guy and a nice story but people have gone way overboard on his skill set.