Snap Poll: Should NFL Football have a "Mercy Rule"?

Should NFL Football have a "Mercy Rule"?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a mercy rule in NFL football?

• Yes - a 45-6 game is painful to watch
    • No - The Comeback
  2. 2. Bonus: if there were to be a mercy rule, what should the point differential be?

This poll is closed to new votes

I played sports my whole life, into my college years. By the time my kids were 10-12 they had played more games with a ref, a uniform and a scoreboard than I ever did. NEVER with a mercy rule. (We left baseball behind early. As one son said “do I have to do All Star season? In baseball half the people are standing around, and the other half are sitting.) 

Only ONCE did I ever get on either kid in any sport, school or AAU. It was rec league hoops, my youngest was up against and older, MUCH bigger team. He could touch the net, they could dunk.  He was middle school, they were high school. The rout was on, and his team just seemed to quit. Not shocking. 

I caught his eye heading up court and asked “have you QUIT?” He might not remember that moment, but I will forever. He became himself again, and fought to the end. I’m so proud of him and that moment. It helped build him into what he is today, NEVER a quitter, always a worker and fighter.

Thank God he got some of his mom’s genes!  ?

• Like (+1) 1