I CAN'T WAIT til the Ravens come to Buffalo

JerseyBills

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They need to make Jackson throw outside. He is dynamite in middle of the field. Need Edmunds, Hyde and Poyer to have elite game. The other trick is get ahead. If we win the toss take the ball and go put 7 on the board. 

Their scheme is designed to play with the lead. See how long they will persist with the run when behind. 

Do those two things and we have a chance, not a big chance, but a chance. 

If I have confidence in one thing with this Bills staff, it is that they will put forth a solid gameplan on defense.  I love that they get a couple of extra days to get ready for this one as well.  Baltimore is playing so well right now, with so much confidence, that it will take an elite effort to stay in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Wrong time for Baltimore to be peaking.  Good for them, but we'll see in 12 days - a lot can change between now and then.

Like Bosa hitting Jackson like a pinyata! I am convinced the key to beating them is getting out to an early lead.. get a 14 point lead and they need change their game plan.  Their plan is a long time consuming drive.. a fast pressure D like SF SHOULD negate a lot of what they do and I am so wanting see how Jackson is after he gets a true hard hit. 

7 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

But they're a gimmick offense!! Am I lying??? We have the LB/S/CB personnel to consistently remind them of that!

At one time the forward pass was a "gimmick" as well, dude.

1 hour ago, Troll Toll said:

The team that forces him to be a quarterback will beat them. 

He's tied for the league high of 24 TD passes, including most from the pocket.  He's completed 67% of his passes.  He leads the league in pass for 1st down %. 

What were you saying again?

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

It's no secret on how to stop the Ravens. Basically it's the same old "Make him a QB" game plan. Keep him behind the LOS and have him beat you with his arm. 

Easier said than done. These are guys are scoring 40 plus a game because DC's at this point can't figure out how to stop their run game. Plus they're hardly ever in 3rd and long situations which makes stopping them virtually impossible when their 3rd and 3, 3rd and 4..

Lamar's not  A.Rodgers but he is good enough to beat man coverage especially with the TE's they have.

It's also no secret on how to stop the Patriots.  Basically it's make Brady uncomfortable in the pocket.  Unfortunately, it's been easier said than done for almost 20 years.

7 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It’s been 11 games of gimmick..... just stop. You’re wrong. Pure 100% denial on your part. 

take out Jackson’s running and he’s still a top 5 rated passer on pace for over 30 td and 3500 yds 

we may beat them but quit with the gimmick crap. That may have made sense if it hadn’t lasted 3 months now 

But he hasn't thrown for over 300 yards since week 1.... ? lol

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

It's also no secret on how to stop the Patriots.  Basically it's make Brady uncomfortable in the pocket.  Unfortunately, it's been easier said than done for almost 20 years.

We've stopped Brady the last 3 times we have played them. We just can't score enough points on their D to steal a win.

Edited by badassgixxer05

7 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

But they're a gimmick offense!! Am I lying??? We have the LB/S/CB personnel to consistently remind them of that!

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I respectfully disagree. They are nothing like those teams. They had world class QBs in their prime. This is a great GIMMICK offense, and our back 7 has the pieces to stifle them, Consistently

The “gimmick” offense has some serious talent. The defense ain’t bad, either. 

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I respectfully disagree. They are nothing like those teams. They had world class QBs in their prime. This is a great GIMMICK offense, and our back 7 has the pieces to stifle them, Consistently

Man, props for posting this after a 5 TD game on MNF.  I don't agree with any of it, but I really think you believe it.  Respect.  

• Haha (+1) 2

I think we need to mix it up with the DE/OLB so on pass plays, they can drop into coverage over the middle (Jackson's bread and butter). Attack and collapse the pocket when you can.

I'm taking away the middle of the field throws. The TE's are decent, but I think we can defend them.

The other major key is obviously this offense pulling their weight and not having the defense worn out. Get some points and maintain drives.

It won't be easy because Jackson can still wreck the game with his running even if you do everything right, but at least you have taken away what you can.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

We just beat a couple of bad, beat up teams. 

The Bills simply cannot score enough points at this point in the process to beat either Dallas, Ravens or Pats, IMO.  It's coming, its just not this year.

Hey Debbie, thanks for the downer. Whamp-waaaaaa.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2