I CAN'T WAIT til the Ravens come to Buffalo

JerseyBills

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I respectfully disagree. They are nothing like those teams. They had world class QBs in their prime. This is a great GIMMICK offense, and our back 7 has the pieces to stifle them, Consistently

how is it a gimmick offense? They run well and throw well...explain the gimmick

8 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

The Ravens likely won't lose another game barring significant injury or resting players.

I love our Bills, our quarterback, and the direction they are headed in, but the Ravens are headed to the bowl this season.

It looks like Bal vs. SF, Sea or NO.

I think the ravens will lose this week to SF

10 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

We've stopped Brady the last 3 times we have played them. We just can't score enough points on their D to steal a win.

Other teams have also "stopped Brady" and still lost games.  The only team that's truly "stopped Brady" in 2 decades has been the Giants under Coughlin in two Super Bowls.

Play keep away on offense, slow the game down and limit their possessions.

Front 7 has to use their eye discipline, stay in rush lanes, and hit that QB every chance you get.

Clay Matthews was completely owned in the RPO game because he went after the back instead of the QB, so don't do that.  Contain the edge and let the interior of the line get him.  Blast the QB if you're not sure where the ball is rather than the RB on the RPOs.

White should be able to take away M. Brown, and we're not getting beat deep with Hyde and Poyer.

I like that we have the LB's to run him down, the discipline to stay in gaps, and Josh on the other side with his own competitive fire.

I don't think they can cover Beasley.

The Ravens have the best group of TE's in the NFL right now with Andrews, Hurst, and Boyle. They also have Snead who has turned into a pretty solid possession type WR, with Boykin having a 6'4" frame to go along with 4.4 speed, and Brown who is like their version of Tyreke Hill. On top of that they have Mark Ingram, who is in the midst of the best year of his career, and Gus Edwards backing him up. At the helm they have the most electric athlete in the game right now in Jackson and Roman calling nearly a flawless game at the moment. The defense is also starting to hit their stride and have moved up to #11 in the NFL while having the #2 offense. The key against Baltimore will be to stop the run, which we have shown susceptibility to this year, and force Jackson to throw outside the hashes like Gunner said. I don't believe there is any team remaining on the schedule that we cannot beat. Will it take a complete game? Absolutely, but we can win every one. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We need to keep running our up-tempo offense and similar play calling. If we slow down and run all the time we are toast against their defense.

I was going to say we need to run 8-9 in the box and we may on occasion but doing so frequently will compromise our defense. We still need to crowd the box and crush the pocket around Jackson but i think we should run a 7 man front instead of our usual 6 man front consisting of  4-2-5.

However instead of a 4-3, to which the LBs outside of Milano and Edmunds are so-so, we should run a 5-2-4. By putting an extra lineman on the line this will clog up their lanes more and put bigger and more importantly better players on the field and keep lineman off our LBs to flow freely to the ball and pass defend like they normally do.

Hard to say if this or what McDermott has in store will work but hopefully they come up with something to stop the Ravens because as it is right now it doesn't look good.

BB - I always appreciate you're thoughts.  I would only suggest Zeke has had less than stellar performances the last three games and Dak has been on fire most of the season.  We need to be balanced in our approach and keep playing fast.  Agreed on up tempo even no huddle, but we can still go huddle so no defensive substitutions, but keep running the ball.  We are 5th the n rushing offense for the year, so I would keep doing what we do best.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

They need to make Jackson throw outside. He is dynamite in middle of the field. Need Edmunds, Hyde and Poyer to have elite game. The other trick is get ahead. If we win the toss take the ball and go put 7 on the board. 

Their scheme is designed to play with the lead. See how long they will persist with the run when behind. 

Do those two things and we have a chance, not a big chance, but a chance. 

I think they’ll still run even if they are behind. Watching them run the ball 4 times in a 2 minute drill and come up with 7 was some of the best stuff I’ve seen.

I have a take, although it’s controversial. Let Jackson beat you, with his arm and legs. The real secret to stopping the Ravens isn’t stopping Lamar from getting 250 yards, it’s stopping Ingram and co from rushing for 150.  That’s the part that breaks your back. We aren’t a team that’s going to prevent broken plays or contain Lamar to 15 yards rushing. Don’t try to be.

3 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

The ravens are absolutely terrifying on offense. I really think to beat them you have to blitz to contain and not to get home. Sounds crazy but I want to keep him in the pocket and make him throw 30 times. 
He gets one on one or breaks contain and it’s over. I want Mark Ingram running and their WRs trying to beat our DBs. Im not sure if anyone can make that happen tho. Lamar Jackson is Phenomenal  

So was Kapernick and RG3. Matter of fact, that's why he's on the Ravens. No other team has dedicated their roster to this kind of scheme. Whether it produces a SB is yet to be seen. IMO, It's not sustainable, 2 years maybe.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Ravens throw to their TE more than any other NFL team. You need be able cover them as well as watch out for their version of the option play, which is almost faking the handoff and standing there hiding the ball well and when you choose the RB he runs right by you.

Right now the Ravens winning with College style plays drawn up just a bit differently and relying heravily in TE for catches with the occasional big shot to Hollywood.

I totally agree with this. This is pretty much the exact way I see it. Another poster further down mentioned snowy conditions. I agree with that as well. I think that if it snows on that gameday, it will level the playing field and make it a more even match up between both teams and snow could slow down their running attack with Jackson (at least some anyways).