Bills @ Cowboys, Thanksgiving Day - 4:30

whatdrought

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I'm pretty sure every game since week one we've had someone log in and explain why ..THIS.. week is a must win game.   It's hard to imagine the pressure when every single week you just have to win or your entire season is lost.  

IMO the 'must win" term is way over used. To me, a must win is a game that you need to win in order to either get into the playoffs or win the superbowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

those are some seriously large humans

image.thumb.png.3a6622ecf519d0dc14737b8eaa4205b0.png

She is as tiny as they are enormous, and it makes for an amusing photo. Like they might just put her in their pocket and take her with them. 

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm pretty sure every game since week one we've had someone log in and explain why ..THIS.. week is a must win game.   It's hard to imagine the pressure when every single week you just have to win or your entire season is lost.  

As a practical matter, this game is more or less meaningless in the playoff picture.

Buffalo makes the postseason as long as they beat Pittsburgh and the Jets in about 90 percent of the possible outcomes 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Is that one of our female coaches or one of the Bills media people?

Media.  That's Maddy Glab doing a fluff piece on Thanksgiving.

20 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

As a practical matter, this game is more or less meaningless in the playoff picture.

Buffalo makes the postseason as long as they beat Pittsburgh and the Jets in about 90 percent of the possible outcomes 

Or to put it a different way, the Bills can probably lose and still control their fate by beating 2 other teams, and there are other teams we "should" beat on our schedule.

A win tomorrow, though, would be mighty nice

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

I agree with you, but if this team can't find a way to win or at least have a close game, they don't stand a chance the rest of the way. If the bills get blown out tomorrow, Itll make me nervous 

Bills have recovered from blowouts under McDermott before.  They've also gone into domed stadiums where nobody expected them to win (Atlanta, Minnesota) and won.  I don't know what to expect from this team on short rest playing against a talented team who's feeling a lot of outside pressure.

6 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I hate to admit it but for us, the fans, billsmafia, this really is our superbowl. Its the truth sadly.

These primetime games are few and far between. We can only hope the boys make us proud thursday...goBills!!

17 + 15 = 6

So no playoffs? I dont understand this. Who cares what time we play at? Even a 1pm wildcard game gets big views. The AFC is so dysfunctional right now besides the Ravens, who knows man. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

It occurs to me that we will still get the criticism of "haven't beaten any winning teams" after beating Dallas because they would be 6-6 after losing to us.

This highlights why it's a waste of time listening to this argument. 

If we lose this game, the narrative will unequivocally be that we haven't won the statement game yet in the 3 times we've had a chance (Philly, NE, Dallas). We all know this. 

If we win it, it will be that they don't have a winning record, and so it wasn't a statement game yet, and the Bills still need to beat a good team. For chrissakes, they h ad to fire their coach! 

Of course this is flawed logic, but it's how it will go. So best bet is to ignore it and just keep cheering on our boys 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, does anyone know what is actually going around the Cowboys locker room? Because literally 99.9% of what gets called the flu in America is emphatically not the flu. 

If we catch the flu, we will have players incapable of walking without nearly passing out for 10 days at a time. The symptoms will be less digestive and more full-body, with headcold symptoms on top of it. This is what made Bruce Smith miserably ill and still gets talked about today. 

If we catch a stomach bug, they'll have an uncomfortable 24-48 hours, a recovery period, and then be good to go after. Most athletes have this happen to them a few times in their career, due to the inevitability of spit and body fluid germs transferring in such close quarters with so many people sharing towels, water bottles etc. Shady caught it before a training camp practice two summers ago, was briefly reported on, he was back the next day and everyone forgot about it. 

Which is it? 

Edited by arcane

25 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

So no playoffs? I dont understand this. Who cares what time we play at? Even a 1pm wildcard game gets big views. The AFC is so dysfunctional right now besides the Ravens, who knows man. 

true. chiefs look very shakey.Its NE and BALT and everyone else is quite beatable.I incl NE cuz they often look like a mess before winning a SB. 

3 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

It's almost a must win considering the upcoming schedule... we lose this and against Ravens, pretty sure we'd be pushed out of the playoffs in a tough spot. And I ain't too hopeful about that Ravens game. 

We still have games vs Pittsburgh and NY Jets.  Both are winnable.   Why is tomorrows game a "must win" ?

• Like (+1) 1