Bills @ Cowboys, Thanksgiving Day - 4:30

whatdrought

17 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I live in the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex.  .....the HEAT is way up on Garrett now.  That could be a good or bad thing.  Garretts teams have tended to respond well when they've been backed into a corner and Garretts job seems to be on the line.  

One of the two teams is going to get their first win VS a team with a winning record this week unless they tie.  

Anyhow...there are actually a ton of fans here that would practically welcome a Buffalo win as the final nail in the Jason Garrett Coffin.  No one down here thinks this is a contender with this coaching staff...they all think the roster is good enough for that, but the coaching holds them back.  Because the NFC is east so bad....Dallas can still win their division if they lose thursday, so it isn't critical...but if they lose and the whole damn city is going to want blood.  

Interesting.

Where's @CowgirlsFan?  Or do you know from down there - does Jerrah fire coaches mid-season?

I just have a feeling the refs will be looking at the Bills through a microscope when it comes to penalties....

Dallas is on the cusp of being potentially eliminated from the playoffs and in front of a huge national audience I see them favoring “America’s team”.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

This game comes at a perfect time for the Bills. If it came early in the season I think they would have been blown out. Now, they've built up confidence, have bonded as a  team and are starting to forge an identity on offense. All those wins really helped; in that sense the "soft" schedule we hear about ad nauseum was perfect the Bills. Move these tough games earlier and the easy ones later and we might be looking at a team with less confidence, less chemistry. They're like a boxer who's been brought along just right, never over-matched.

Incidentally, I think the Pats* would lose this game (against the Cowboys in Dallas I  mean), even with the refs helping out at key moments. They're declining fast, at least on offense, and the Bills are ascending. Still not sure the Bills will win today, but I think it could be a good game: an excellent offense against an excellent defense and an improving offense against an inconsistent defense. Anything could happen. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

In case you would like to read what the Cowboys fan board is saying about us .... https://cowboyszone.com/threads/lets-talk-about-the-bills.446576/

Skimming the first page, might be the most informed and reasonable opposing team forum I’ve seen. I don’t see any of the “DURRR BILLS SUK” that you see most other places, especially for an NFC team. They seem at least vaguely aware of our strengths and weaknesses, even know some player names. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

I live in the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex.  .....the HEAT is way up on Garrett now.  That could be a good or bad thing.  Garretts teams have tended to respond well when they've been backed into a corner and Garretts job seems to be on the line.  

One of the two teams is going to get their first win VS a team with a winning record this week unless they tie.  

Anyhow...there are actually a ton of fans here that would practically welcome a Buffalo win as the final nail in the Jason Garrett Coffin.  No one down here thinks this is a contender with this coaching staff...they all think the roster is good enough for that, but the coaching holds them back.  Because the NFC is east so bad....Dallas can still win their division if they lose thursday, so it isn't critical...but if they lose and the whole damn city is going to want blood.  

KC 16-0

Buffalo 3-13

Love your predictions!

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

With Jones calling out his team after Sunday's loss, this concerns me.  I don't want to face a highly motivated Cowboys team on Thanksgiving day, in their house.  This could be a tough day if the Bills don't bring their best effort.

55 minutes ago, finn said:

This game comes at a perfect time for the Bills. If it came early in the season I think they would have been blown out. Now, they've built up confidence, have bonded as a  team and are starting to forge an identity on offense. All those wins really helped; in that sense the "soft" schedule we hear about ad nauseum was perfect the Bills. Move these tough games earlier and the easy ones later and we might be looking at a team with less confidence, less chemistry. They're like a boxer who's been brought along just right, never over-matched.

Incidentally, I think the Pats* would lose this game (against the Cowboys in Dallas I  mean), even with the refs helping out at key moments. They're declining fast, at least on offense, and the Bills are ascending. Still not sure the Bills will win today, but I think it could be a good game: an excellent offense against an excellent defense and an improving offense against an inconsistent defense. Anything could happen. 

I feel the same way about our schedule this year.  Our offense needed time working together with 9 new starters.  The early soft schedule gave us that opportunity.  I am looking forward to seeing if the improved team performance we have seen in the last two games will show up vs a stronger opponent.