Good article on Josh (The Ringer)

Wow this is jarring - esp when you figure you could easily just remove DiMarco as well

During one of the Bills’ first team meetings this spring, Daboll took a survey of his offense. He asked every player who’d been a starter the previous season to stand up. Just three guys—Allen, left tackle Dion Dawkins, and fullback Patrick DiMarco—rose from their seats. In a single year, Buffalo had turned over more than 70 percent of its offensive personnel.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Watching the dynamics of Allen with the Bills and of Fitzy with the Dolphins, I have to say that I think now I was wrong, and that being able to be a leader and be respected but yet be able to go to your WR and say "that was a great route, I ***** up, I need to do better" counts for way more than I thought.

It looked like Fitz lingered a bit longer after the game last week talking to Josh...Fitzy is just a good dude.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Henry Ruggs III

Dead on, lethal speed that stands out even in the SEC. Could possibly break the 40 record at the combine.

Two questions though: 1) does he last until our draft pick? and 2) is he another Smurf/would we be better off drafting a Tee Higgins/Chase Claypool type WR?

And as many have said above, The Ringer is one of the best sites out there. Excellent sports/Game of Thrones/pop culture content and some good podcast as well. Was a long time Grantland reader and The Ringer is ALMOST as good. 

1 minute ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Dead on, lethal speed that stands out even in the SEC. Could possibly break the 40 record at the combine.

Two questions though: 1) does he last until our draft pick? and 2) is he another Smurf/would we be better off drafting a Tee Higgins/Chase Claypool type WR?

And as many have said above, The Ringer is one of the best sites out there. Excellent sports/Game of Thrones/pop culture content and some good podcast as well. Was a long time Grantland reader and The Ringer is ALMOST as good. 

1- Probably not.

2- I agree with the sentiment of needing a big receiver, but I'm not sure if Ruggs wouldn't be worth it just for how dangerous he is... There is a lot of size in the draft later at WR, but that speed is hard to find.

Yeah 100%, you make a good point. If Ruggs could be a process guy/non-evil version of Tyreek Hill for our offense, I think we'd all sign up for that! How could you defend Ruggs/John Brown/Robert Foster at once if Josh can find his deep passing ability again?

Who would be your later round WR targets? And any other draft propsects you're liking for the Bills?

Speaking of Alabama WRs, anyone else worried that Jerry Jeudy is going to wind up on the Dolphins or Jets? ? That guy is going to be a star. 

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Before I read it,  there anything negative in that article?  I don't want to be triggered.  I would have to start a thread against this article and its author in particular  and that site in general---and I'm already pretty busy today.

Its not negative, but there were some bigass adjectives I'd never heard of.... tread lightly

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Before I read it,  there anything negative in that article?  I don't want to be triggered.  I would have to start a thread against this article and its author in particular  and that site in general---and I'm already pretty busy today.

you're good, get your work done and enjoy the read (but not on company time)

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Don't read it. Here is an example of the hate spewed "He’s wearing a gray T-shirt and a pair of blue shorts that (a) look straight out of an ’80s NBA game, and (b) are decidedly too small for a guy who weighs 237 pounds". Clearly a never Josher.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 11/21/2019 at 11:06 AM, Seasons1992 said:

I'm ok with that. I'd ask the resident scouts around here like @Virgil or @Blokestradamus to tell us about who the fastest WR is coming out in the draft this year, so we can shore up the deep pass.

I don’t pay a lot of attention until after the college season ends honestly.  Too much happens, even when they aren’t playing, that affects draft positioning. 

However, from what I’ve looked into so far, even though this is a deep receiver draft; not many of them fit the big body type receiver many here are asking for.  There’s plenty of speed guys with soft hands.  The big body guys don’t seem to have the speed.   

So, if you are looking for more of a Michael Thomas type, there’s one or two guys.  

Personally, if he can stay healthy and the Dak contract drama drags on, I have my sights set on Amari Cooper.  

On 11/21/2019 at 10:51 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That is a good article.

Two key take-aways:

-last year, 48.8 percent completion rate on passes from 10 to 20 yards.

-this year, 64.7 percent completion rate on passes from 10 to 20 yards

Close to 16% improvement.  And those are the money throwsI

Actually, moving from 48.8% to 64.7% is a 32.5% improvement. I share that not to be a math prick, but to further support your point. It is fun and exciting, watching Josh grow.

3 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Actually, moving from 48.8% to 64.7% is a 32.5% improvement. I share that not to be a math prick, but to further support your point. It is fun and exciting, watching Josh grow.

I take your point.  I worded it poorly, I meant 16% higher completion percentage.  But yes, very significant improvement

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Im adding this here because I don’t wanna be attacked for starting another thread.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001079418/article/pats-doomed-with-tom-brady-at-qb-michael-thomas-for-opoy

Just to bump you and make clear, if one scrolls down on that link about 3/4 of the way through there's a bunch on Josh Allen:

"Josh Allen turning the corner? The Buffalo Bills are inching their way toward locking up a playoff berth behind a quarterback who's beginning to come into his own.

Although it isn't always pretty when Josh Allen plays, there's no denying the energy the Bills' QB1 has added to the offense as a dynamic dual-threat at the position. The second-year pro has guided Buffalo (7-3) to the top of the wild-card race in the AFC, despite ranking in the bottom third in the league in completion percentage (60.3 percent), pass yards per game (217.5), touchdown-to-interception ratio (13:7) and passer rating (85.4)."

" Those numbers certainly are not going to wow anyone at first glance, but his passing production combined with his running-game impact has made him a dangerous weapon with the ball in his hands. Allen has produced 20 touchdowns this season, including seven rushing TDs, while averaging more yards per game (250.6) than the two QBs drafted before him in 2018, Baker Mayfield (247.1) and Sam Darnold (231.7). "

(there's more - worth a read)