Power Ranking week 11

BillsIsrael

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

As a big believer in analytics I have no problem with that. I have an issue with the data that they are using to analyze it. CLEARLY, it is a flawed formula. 

you got one that nobody can find flawed?

can you get me one for baseball WAR???

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

As a big believer in analytics I have no problem with that. I have an issue with the data that they are using to analyze it. CLEARLY, it is a flawed formula. 

I have no idea what data they are using or how it’s weighed. The way I see it, is early to mid season power rankings are the same as early season College Football rankings, just a guideline. We have 4 games in a row to show we are a good football team. If we get smoked, mid 20s is where we belong, if we win a couple we should be a Top 5 team

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

you got one that nobody can find flawed?

can you get me one for baseball WAR???

I wish that I could. There may be no perfect formula but just from eyeballing this it is clearly broken. It’s impossible to have a team, with 2 more losses, including a loss at home to the team with 2 less losses, 9 spots ahead. 

I know that people hated it but the BCS was usually pretty close.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

oh my!  denver with their 3 wins is at 16.

7 spots ahead of a team that has 4 more wins.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I wish that I could. There may be no perfect formula but just from eyeballing this it is clearly broken. It’s impossible to have a team, with 2 more losses, including a loss at home to the team with 2 less losses, 9 spots ahead. 

I know that people hated it but the BCS was usually pretty close.

7 spots ahead of a team that has 4 more wins.

i make a living destroying allegedly perfect schedules under their (sometimes stated) assumptions

sports analytics can be fun to discuss (when there is respect) and learn something as well for enjoyment in future watching and thinking about the game.

i see Penn State ahead of Minnesota, i thought i watched Minnesota handily beat them....

On 11/20/2019 at 1:04 AM, BillsIsrael said:

In the SI power ranking Buffalo is ranked 12 - which is debatable but reasonable
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/19/nfl-power-rankings-poll-week-12-ravens-patriots-49ers

The interesting part is

12. BUFFALO BILLS (7-3)

Previous rank: 14
Points in poll: 170
Highest-place vote: 1 (1 voter)
Lowest-place vote: 15 (2 voters)
Last week’s result: Beat Miami, 37-20
This week: vs. Denver

one of the SI writers put the bills as number 1 on the power ranking.
As much as I love the bills and I think they can be ranked higher I'm also realistic and know they are not yet #1.

The one guy that put them at #1 was probably just trying to skew the average, otherwise they're just insane.

12th is fair, nothing wrong with that. If we can beat either the Cowboys or Ravens and keep the other one close, we'll shoot up the rankings. 

If we lose both or get blown out in either, we'll probably sink to the 15th-18th range.

This ain't College.  The Dolphins with Fitz, the Jets with Darnold are not NW Alabama Tech.  Buffalo schedule is shaping up but that happens every year to a team.  I have never heard it to the level Buffalo took it this year.  The Rams with Mcvay year 1 had an easy schedule. The Pat's have the easiest schedule this year. As Parcells said. You are what your record says you are.  7-3 to 8-3 welcome to Thanksgiving.  Buffalo can pull the upset or keep it close in Jerry world hold on cause Buffalo is for real.  Buffalo is going to beat 1 of the teams they shouldn't.  Dallas, Baltimore, or NE.  Buffalo wins 1 or more.  

Edited by Mat68

Better than Dallas, Colts and Vikings, should be eagles too but that was a bad loss however i believe that will be the game that got the team on the right track as McD gave the freeing fearless meeting that will have the team playing aggressive and not tight.

On 11/20/2019 at 6:37 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

From the Athletic:

13. Buffalo Bills (7-3; Last week: 14)

Now that’s what a Bills team that fancies itself a playoff contender should look like against the Dolphins, riding Josh Allen’s best overall day of the season to a 37-20 win. But don’t take our word for it, let’s just make sure we read what offensive tackle Cody Ford said about Allen, because while I’m not sure I’m on board with all Ford’s gun metaphors, Ford clearly is passionate about his quarterback. “Josh is a dog. There’s a reason why he is who he is. Guys respect him. He’s a killer. He’s a silent assassin. He always says, ‘When we shoot we shoot.’ When we shoot, he shoots with us. And what are we going to do? We’re going to unload the clip. When he’s back there doing his thing, it’s like an energy and a spirit. You feel it. It gets on everybody. Everybody starts feeling it and we know it’s go time.”

04.jpg

He is back !!!

On 11/20/2019 at 10:51 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Don’t tell me, Kirby, that you don’t love it when the Bills pull off a major upset over a higher ranked team like they did today.

It feels like we are finally getting our due.

I sense a top 20 ranking in this team’s future.  If not this week, then soon.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1