Sign in to follow this  
Ramza86

Are we in trouble with Ford?

1 hour ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

potentially

Never say never

Ford cant handle the outside speed rush.....He's too slow to play T at a high level.  Having to play against Von Miller this week presents a huge mismatch in favor of Denver.

Big downgrade going from Nsekhe to Ford.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Skeptical 1

2 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

@Ramza86 was the OP not me, so you lost me

My bad, 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess my first question is: do we have any word about Nsehke's injury yet?  Yesterday McDermott was "still undergoing tests, too soon to tell", which actually doesn't sound like a broken bone to me.  If it's broken, you can usually tell immediately on x-ray.  I would assume he's out for Sunday regardless but do we actually know yet if he's lost for the season?

Thank you for the reminder.  I hope you are right!

PS elsewhere, people asked if it was possible that LaAdrian Waddle might be eligible to return from IR.  His injury was a torn quad, and at the time was announced as "season ending".  The fact that they reached that conclusion so quickly might imply it is a Grade III tear with predicted "8-10 month" recovery time.  Even if it is Grade II with "2-3 month recovery time", the fact that he would need to restrict activity for 2-3 months seems to make it unlikely he would be in shape to return

Not sure it matters - I believe he was IR’d in the preseason and is ineligible to return.

He’d have to be released with an injury settlement.

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Sharing the work at tackle was a good idea for a rookie.  But, its 10 games in now, and he isn't so much a rookie anymore.  Still, the question is fair and the result is TBD.

Oh, he's a rookie.

2 hours ago, McBean said:

Great thing we took Ford over Metcalf. It’s not like our young QB needs a big physical target to throw to.

Or an o-lineman to protect him. Let's stay on topic. Please. 

I think Ford plays Guard next season.  Right now, he's what we have.  Will be interesting to see what help they give him against Miller.  

I'd try Bates at RT also.  That, or a draft pick/FA could be the solution.  

• Like (+1) 2

if the coaches were truly fine with Ford starting,  he wouldnt have been splitting time.  i hope he steps up his game in the coming weeks.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Ford has played more snaps than people appreciate, and he has done better as the season has progressed.  Ford will struggle against Miller, every tackle in the league does, but he will hold his own. 

He certainly can’t struggle any more than Dawkins on Garrett.

IMO Run the Ball at Von Miller and wear him down, screen behind him. 

Josh might need to avoid his inclination to roll right 

• Like (+1) 1

I recently heard an offensive line coach on the Sirius college station say that it is now MUCH harder to develop offensive linemen than it used to be because they are not allowed to practice as much.

Do I know this to be true? No, but I am not seeing players leave school and knocking the NFL on it's ass ala Orlando Pace, or for that matter Jason Taylor.

I expect Ford to be a good blocker fairly soon and if it happens to be at Guard in lieu of Tackle, so be it.  

It is always refreshing to see the Bills devote resources to blocking.

Now, we need receivers and there just so many of them in the 2020 draft. :)

Edited by Bill from NYC

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I recently heard an offensive line coach on the Sirius college station say that it is now MUCH harder to develop offensive linemen than it used to be because they are not allowed to practice as much.

Do I know this to be true? No, but I am not seeing players leave school and knock the NFL on it's ass ala Orlando Pace, or for that matter Jason Taylor.

I expect Ford to be a good blocker fairly soon and if it happens to be at Guard in lieu of Tackle, so be it.  

It is always refreshing to see the Bills devote resources to blocking.

Now, we need receivers and there just so many of them in the 2020 draft. :)

Orlando Pace.

I just need to pause to admire that guy, as a football player and a man.

Ahhhhhh.

I now return y'all to your regular programs.

• Confused 1

Are there any tackles out there named Volvo?  If there is, it's a given he's built like a tank.

A huge key to young players on the Oline is to minimize the number of plays where it's an obvious passing down, especially for the tackles who have to deal with the edge guys.  

There's a lot onus on Daboll and Josh to keep the chains moving and keep the defenses guessing.  As the game goes on they need to see how the rookie is holding up and call plays/make adjustments accordingly.

The upside is at least it's not our left tackle, so Josh can usually see if a breakdown happens.   The other plus is that both our running backs seem to block well, and keeping them around to chip and slow Von down a little is always good for our qb's health. 

He's getting older now too, I can't imagine it's the same guy who won MVP in the superbowl years ago.

Bills 20-10

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I have not watched a Broncos game but Miller is not playing at his previous standard of team are able to take plan him out.  Expect Bills to see what has worked for other teams and copy.

They are missing Bradley Chubb desperately

He’ll be fine the remainder of the year, but he’s not the future.

I’d bet we draft a Tackle... (Alex Leatherwood). That’s who I’m going for. Should be a round 1 guy, anywhere from 10-25, he may be gone. Stepped in for Jonah Williams at LT no problem. 

That will slide Ford to RG, Feliciano to LG. Don’t see the Bills signing Spain to a long term contract.

Dawkins  Feliciano Morse  Ford  Leatherwood 

thats what is see. So that won’t happen lol

Edited by CEN-CAL17

I think the Bills will make Bates active naturally as they are thinner now on the OL and use him on a rotation with Ford.  If Ford is struggling I would expect to see Bates there more

2 hours ago, Estro said:

Ford cant handle the outside speed rush.....He's too slow to play T at a high level.  Having to play against Von Miller this week presents a huge mismatch in favor of Denver.

Big downgrade going from Nsekhe to Ford.

He has gotten better with footwork throughout the year, but yes he has struggled with this mightily. We should see a chip by a RB (if not a downright double team) or TE to Miller's outside shoulder as each releases to slow him down and give Ford a chance to set his feet and engage. That should really help him with the speed rush.

Also not getting in too many obvious passing situations, and varying the snap count will all help. 

2 hours ago, Estro said:

Ford cant handle the outside speed rush.....He's too slow to play T at a high level.

So you’re saying Ford is not a ‘model T’.

That was too easy.  😁