Bills @ Kap workout???

Cuboirs

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

Its comments like this that are part of the problem. You just want him to shut his mouth and perform for you, right? He should give up his First Amendment rights because you don't agree with his message, right? He has used his platform and influence to bring awareness to issues that are important to him at great personal and financial costs. I applaud that. I support him. And you know what....there is nothing legally saying anyone needs to stand for the National Anthem. We have a choice. Myself and many many others have fought for that choice. He does not need to shut up and perform for you. You need to respect his stand.

Mr Kirchofer,

First Amendment rights pertain to the government.  The government can't stop you from saying what you want about it, in a public space.  And there are limitations, even there.

Just what exactly do you think "First Amendment Rights" are, as applied to employers and employment?  My employer has the right to prohibit me from talking to the media on company time, or about the company or anything pertaining to its products, any time.  They have a right to direct my behavior on the job, to require that I follow certain procedures.  I don't like it?  I don't have to sign my contract and work there. 

Mr Kaepernick doesn't need to shut up and perform for the NFL, but the NFL has no requirement to employ him regardless of his views, dress, and behavior.  That's the point.

And whether or not I respect his stand, is up to me.  Those same rights you say you fought for enable me to make, and voice, an independent decision.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Its comments like this that are part of the problem. You just want him to shut his mouth and perform for you, right? He should give up his First Amendment rights because you don't agree with his message, right? He has used his platform and influence to bring awareness to issues that are important to him at great personal and financial costs. I applaud that. I support him. And you know what....there is nothing legally saying anyone needs to stand for the National Anthem. We have a choice. Myself and many many others have fought for that choice. He does not need to shut up and perform for you. You need to respect his stand.

So the NFL should be kaep's personal platform because of the first amendment? The NFL also has rights and that's to hire whomever they want. If he was more focused on football while on the clock, he would be fine. Loads of other players have causes that they fight for - they just do it on their own time. He consistently makes a mockery of the NFL. Changing the location at the last second was a slap in the face to all those potential employers who went out of their way to give him the chance that he and all his supporters have been crying about.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Even Adam Schefter said he could help some teams out.

He probably could.  But Shady and others called it right.  In the NFL, it's your Talent/Headache ratio that matters.  If your talent is sky-high, you get more chances despite causing more headaches.  If you're a mid-lower tier talent guy, you need to Walk the Line.   Anyone think Fitzy still be employed if he went Kaep-like?  Mariota?  Tannehill?

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

What a clown. He's always been a clown, of course, though no one really has the huevos to say it.

The history of these threads on the board suggest that you are mistaken.

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

The dude just doesn't seem to get it. If this was strictly supposed to be about his ability and proving he is good enough to play, all social issues aside, why show up in a Kunta Kinte t-shirt?

In the words of Oscar Wilde:

"The only thing worse  than being talked about is NOT being talked about."

10 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

The dude just doesn't seem to get it. If this was strictly supposed to be about his ability and proving he is good enough to play, all social issues aside, why show up in a Kunta Kinte t-shirt?

He's a fan of Levar Burton?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Huzzah! A well thought out response and counter from the great intellectual! Careful bud, keep it up with this amazing level of dialogue and people might start to wonder if you really are the loser that everyone has always assumed you are. We wouldn’t want your street cred to suffer. 

He’s been kicked out of the sandbox. 

P.S. Yes, he WAS the loser everyone assumed he was..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Way less offensive and idiotic than some of his shirt choices... though I did see a tweet that explained the reference, and then showed a picture of Kaps mansion... kind of ironic.

32 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Aren't we all? 

Yep. Although I can’t see him without thinking of Community now...