Bills @ Kap workout???

Cuboirs

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No disrespect...but...Man you guys need to get over this Broncos report.  Seriously stop sharing it and saying he’s turning down offers.  That’s about as accurate as something someone would get from Faux News.   

That was when he was first out of SF and looking to start and before he was blackballed.  He was a guy who had recently just led his team to a SB and was looking for a starting opportunity still.  

Yet you people falsely report it like he’s had recent chances and turned them down.  

He opted out of $20M or is that a false report too. 

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I just came on here and saw he didn't show up. What a d bag. While I don't agree with him kneeling for the anthem, I support his freedom of speech, but this is just stupid. 

I haven't watched any of it, but it sounds as same as it ever was. Seems more about publicity and keeping his name out there than really wanting to play football. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, aristocrat said:

he was gonna get cut anyways

Based on performance. Honestly, he lost me when he used a press conference in Miami to highlight the good things Castro did. He’s an activist using the NFL as his platform, not a QB looking for a job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't think so either.  Honestly, I don't think he is terrible.  He is certainly better than a lot of the backups out there.  He might even be better than some of the starters out there.  Kaeps problem is he has a poor attitude and Im not talking about the kneeling for the anthem stuff.  That personally never bothered me.

The problem is that no one wants to invite the inevitable circus that trails him.  He's not good enough to overcome that baggage as a starter.   And if you sign him as a backup, you invite an instant quarterback controversy ("Kaepernick isn't being paid as a starter, and isn't being allowed to start!  He's still being silenced by the NFL!")

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

At this point, with his age and years removed from the league, I can't imagine him being offered more than a vet minimum deal.  With his high opinion of himself, I don't see him taking that and still calling it collusion.

I agree with most of you on here though that no one is going to want to sign up for this circus.  To me, half of today was to prove he could be a team player and not bring all this extra attention along with him.  He failed miserably at that.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I haven't watched any of it, but it sounds as same as it ever was. Seems more about publicity and keeping his name out there than really wanting to play football. 

At this point it seems the nfl was trying to get him to sign off on some bad legal documents to participate in this show that they put together and CK decided to go up the street and host an open event instead. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

To me, half of today was to prove he could be a team player and not bring all this extra attention along with him.  He failed miserably at that.

Precisely.  If he could have demonstrated focus on the game of football in this workout, he would have done himself a great service.  He didn't.

And I hasten to add: it may not even be his fault.  I was careful in my post to say "the circus that trails him," not "that he brings with him."  Whether he invites the attention or not at this point is irrelevant, the circus is unavoidable.  

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

At this point, with his age and years removed from the league, I can't imagine him being offered more than a vet minimum deal.  With his high opinion of himself, I don't see him taking that and still calling it collusion.

I agree with most of you on here though that no one is going to want to sign up for this circus.  To me, half of today was to prove he could be a team player and not bring all this extra attention along with him.  He failed miserably at that.

big if here but if the reports from Florio are true- it’s largely the NFL that overstepped normal conventions here. 

seems fair the guy should’ve just been given a standard injury waiver That you’d see at a workout and not one absolving the nfl from any future employment claims. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

At this point it seems the nfl was trying to get him to sign off on some bad legal documents to participate in this show that they put together and CK decided to go up the street and host an open event instead. 

Sounds like a giant ***** show all around. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/workout-colin-kaepernick-switches-locations-after-nfl-declines-allow-media

Representatives for former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick called an audible less than an hour before he was scheduled to work out for 25 NFL teams Saturday, moving the session to a high school in Riverdale, Ga. from the Atlanta Falcons training facility in Flowery Branch, 60 miles away.

"From the outset, Mr. Kaepernick requested a legitimate process and from the outset the NFL league office has not provided one," Meiselas and Nalley wrote. "Most recently, the NFL has demanded that as a precondition to the workout, Mr. Kaepernick sign an unusual liability waiver that addresses employment-related issues and rejected the standard liability waiver from physical injury proposed by Mr. Kaepernick's representatives.

"Additionally, Mr. Kaepernick requested all media be allowed into the workout to observe and film it and for an independent film crew to be there to ensure transparency," the statement continued. "The NFL denied this request. Based on the prior conduct by the league office, Mr. Kaepernick simply asks for a transparent and open process which is why a new location has been selected for today. Mr. Kaepernick looks forward to seeing the representatives from the clubs today."

Why could they not inform earlier? 

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Sounds like a giant ***** show all around. 

yea-

though I do think the nfl is using it’s PR machine to pray on the folks that are eager to condemn CK

I suspect he’s more the Steelers qb than the browns lineman, as culpability goes in today’s edition of the mess

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

big if here but if the reports from Florio are true- it’s largely the NFL that overstepped normal conventions here. 

seems fair the guy should’ve just been given a standard injury waiver That you’d see at a workout and not one absolving the nfl from any future employment claims. 

Likely NFL insisted upon it being taking to court by him before.  I question why NFL even made effort.