Bills @ Kap workout???

Cuboirs

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Likely NFL insisted upon it being taking to court by him before.  I question why NFL even made effort.

the Florio train of thought was:

he has rights to sue for continued collusion

nfl sets up workout that he can’t pass on or he’d look like he’s passing up opportunities 

at said workout spring a waiver of all future claims on him and if he refuses to sign you act like he’s being crazy and would be a cancer.

ill keep saying IF here, but IF they didn’t just give him a standard workout document, I don’t blame CK for backing out

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

So he waits to an hour before to make them waste money setting up to punish them?

the allegation is he didn’t get it til late in the process and the nfl gave him the final refusal of edits today I believe 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Virgil said:

At this point, with his age and years removed from the league, I can't imagine him being offered more than a vet minimum deal.  With his high opinion of himself, I don't see him taking that and still calling it collusion.

I agree with most of you on here though that no one is going to want to sign up for this circus.  To me, half of today was to prove he could be a team player and not bring all this extra attention along with him.  He failed miserably at that.

today never made sense of a football level. Or a player rejoining the league. He could’ve worked out with any or all teams any day for the last 3 years so a sudden all hands on deck workout arranged by the nfl seemed... odd... for a reason.

now that it’s coming out that the nfl had settled past missed earnings but not future claims makes it all make a ton more sense.

Edited by NoSaint

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't think so either.  Honestly, I don't think he is terrible.  He is certainly better than a lot of the backups out there.  He might even be better than some of the starters out there.  Kaeps problem is he has a poor attitude and Im not talking about the kneeling for the anthem stuff.  That personally never bothered me.

Hes too too much of a distraction. I admit he’s better than Mason Rudolph and others... but he’s not good enough to get past the off field issues. 

43 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

At this point it seems the nfl was trying to get him to sign off on some bad legal documents to participate in this show that they put together and CK decided to go up the street and host an open event instead. 

According to the NFL release, it’s the same document that is used at the combine and all other workouts....

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Hes too too much of a distraction. I admit he’s better than Mason Rudolph and others... but he’s not good enough to get past the off field issues. 

According to the NFL release, it’s the same document that is used at the combine and all other workouts....

I’ve thrown the all caps “IF” quite a few times but apparently according to CKs team it’s not. We will see if we ever see it.

now that the nfl is on record as it being the same baseline for all workouts and kaps team says it was “unusual” and broader reaching.... well either it’s the same thing he’s signed many times before or it’s not. And one side won’t look good.

Edited by NoSaint

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I’ve thrown the all caps “IF” quite a few times but apparently according to CKs team it’s not. We will see if we ever see it.

Right, so the question is who is lying... the answer to that comes down to whether you think CK is a victim who was standing up for what he believes in, or if CK is a schmuck whose all about attention and self branding. 

From the unbiased standpoint, it’s hard to imagine a multi-billion dollar company with hundreds of in house lawyers lying in a prepared statement about something like that. 

Also, is it slightly suspicious that everything was perfectly set up at the other location? Crowd control/security, etc? Pretty quick for that seamless transition, I would think- but it could be nothing.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No disrespect...but...Man you guys need to get over this Broncos report.  Seriously stop sharing it and saying he’s turning down offers.  That’s about as accurate as something someone would get from Faux News.   

That was when he was first out of SF and looking to start and before he was blackballed.  He was a guy who had recently just led his team to a SB and was looking for a starting opportunity still.  

Yet you people falsely report it like he’s had recent chances and turned them down.  

Equivalently, you guys need to stop pretending that his last year and a half in the league wasn't an unmitigated disaster, in which he was stripped of all reads beyond 10 yards down the field and has some of the most inept film that pro scouts have available to them, including things like failing to notice that his opponents felt so little of his arm that they'd literally bring the CBs to the defensive line, leaving WRs uncovered with 20 yards of space between them and the nearest defender..and he wouldn't even notice it, much less take advantage of it. Phrasing it as a "recent Super Bowl QB who gets blackballed" is dishonest and laughable.

The guy was a clown QB three years ago and hasn't played meaningful football since, and it's delusion to think he could be useful to an NFL team three years later WITHOUT the sh*tshow he brings everywhere he goes.

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Right, so the question is who is lying... the answer to that comes down to whether you think CK is a victim who was standing up for what he believes in, or if CK is a schmuck whose all about attention and self branding. 

what if I think the nfl has plenty of schmucks at corporate, and Colin got caught in clumsily trying to make a difference and didn’t do it well — but today was never about football for either side?

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

what if I think the nfl has plenty of schmucks at corporate, and Colin got caught in clumsily trying to make a difference and didn’t do it well — but today was never about football for either side?

Thats not a bad balance, but that doesn’t change that one side is lying about today. We’ll see who. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Thats not a bad balance, but that doesn’t change that one side is lying about today. We’ll see who. 

indeed. This should be a bright line moment if we ever see it. Now that its disputed I don’t feel the need to assume which sides lying though. Wait and see. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

That's been my opinion all along.

Seemed like some combination of PR and/or legal CYA posturing on both sides.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

5 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

Is he overweight?

He looks significantly heavier than the private workouts he was pumping up last year

Yeah, ole boy looks like he's eating good for sure. :lol: He's not really fat, but he's not in the shape he was before. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Yeah, ole boy looks like he's eating good for sure. :lol: He's not really fat, but he's not in the shape he was before. 

He was pretty ripped and lean when I last saw the private workouts. It seems like this is some sort of prank, because he looks bad

3 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

He was pretty ripped and lean when I last saw the private workouts. It seems like this is some sort of prank, because he looks bad

I don't know what it is to be honest. I don't know if it's about football at all or if it's about posturing. The whole thing has just turned into a complete circus. It was said there were 8 teams who had reps there. I hope one of them makes a documented offer. After that it's in his hands to accept or not. Then after that I hope the circus is packed up and goes along it's way. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, arcane said:

Equivalently, you guys need to stop pretending that his last year and a half in the league wasn't an unmitigated disaster, in which he was stripped of all reads beyond 10 yards down the field and has some of the most inept film that pro scouts have available to them, including things like failing to notice that his opponents felt so little of his arm that they'd literally bring the CBs to the defensive line, leaving WRs uncovered with 20 yards of space between them and the nearest defender..and he wouldn't even notice it, much less take advantage of it. Phrasing it as a "recent Super Bowl QB who gets blackballed" is dishonest and laughable.

The guy was a clown QB three years ago and hasn't played meaningful football since, and it's delusion to think he could be useful to an NFL team three years later WITHOUT the sh*tshow he brings everywhere he goes.

Lmao, oh you mean when he had the 2 worst head coaches in the NFL of the last decade?  Neither of which lasted more than a year.  You mean that period when the 49ers went from one of the most talented rosters in the nfl to worst roster in the NFL in less than 3 years do to off field issues, early retirements, injuries, and FA?

Got it.  

PS:  The prerequisite to be a QB in the NFL is not to be a top 5 player.  Just because you don’t think he is that great doesn’t mean he isn’t good enough to be on a roster, especially since he’s still better than guys starting now.  So your whole point is not only inaccurate but also utterly ridiculous anyway.  He absolutely should be on a roster period.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1