Around the League Week 10

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The 5 win team is winning culture, the 6 win team is not. I absolutely love this board after a loss.

Let's see how it ends up.  One team talks a lot about culture. The other just goes out and does it.

The Steelers play the Browns next week.  Think they'll lose?

Edited by That's No Moon

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe, but who cares? Ben hasn’t retired and they’re in the mix this season now. That’s all that matters really. 

It’s almost like I was responding to a comment about their QB situation moving forward but thanks for your ***** response.

5 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

maybe it isn't the talent on the team but the mindset of the coaching staff. We are still in rebuild mode, and there isn't any indication by the coaching staff or the front office, that their outlook is different.

It was out there in full display today. The Bills don’t have much talent to go around on offense, and the OC doesn’t have a clue. The D is solid and doesn’t give up a lot of points. They also don’t have an elite rusher, and don’t force many takeaways. The team is exactly what their record says they are right now. They beat less talented teams, and lose to teams with more talent. Even those having bad seasons. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Well they can basically trade a whole draft worth of picks to move up if they have to

yep and they then just have a team with a player and full of holes. They sold off their talent to get to a QB. Having to trade all those picks to get to a QB is a failure 

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

One team talks a lot about culture. The other just goes out and does it.

Yes, one team has done it 5 times and the other has done it 6 times. I can't spell it out any simpler than that. Of course maybe the Steelers will still beat the Bills, I'm not guaranteeing anything. I just find the double standards on here to be hilarious. Imagine if the Bills had lost to the Dolphins, even with their backup QB starting. Everyone here would be calling for a total reset from top to bottom. Maybe Colts fans are calling for Frank Reich to be fired, I honestly don't know. I'm just not gonna sit here and be mad when the Bills have twice as many wins as losses. It is still the NFL and there are no easy games.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

They aren’t going anywhere with Rudolph and Ben is toast. Imo of course 

I’d tend to agree. They’re still contenders for.a WC this season because of their D, and they can run the ball. Whoever QBs that team next year doesn’t affect this year. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It was out there in full display today. The Bills don’t have much talent to go around on offense, and the OC doesn’t have a clue. The D is solid and doesn’t give up a lot of points. They also don’t have an elite rusher, and don’t force many takeaways. The team is exactly what they’re record says they are right now. They beat less talented teams, and lose to teams with more talent. Even those having bad seasons

100% agree. But the team still in the middle of "the process". Wasn't this year supposed to be all about Allen's development? Our offense isn't a complete product for the long haul. We have what we have for this year. But next year we should be ready to compete with some additional offseason acquisitions maybe a MLB and move Edmunds outside, you mentioned an elite rusher maybe they look to upgrade at CB opposite Tre. We are still a very young team. We also need more playmakers on offense. Our weak schedule has created a false sense of hope. McDermott is trying to keep the team competitive despite the inefficiency of the offense. JMO

i think much like Nagy and Trubisky, McVay and Goff have been figured out by DCs...that's the danger in running these new hot stuff, "gimmicky" offenses from the young great minds...

They work at first until DCs adjust and when they adjust the offenses stop working. Mainly because the offense worked due to scheme and coaching instead of good quarterback play...Goff and Trubisky haven't learned how to play QB...they learned how to succeed running a gimmick offense. Now when DCs take away the gimmicks the QBs have nothing because they can't actually read defenses or go through progressions like they need to.

Buyer beware for teams looking to hire these great young offensive minds...it appears the shelf life doesn't last long and if they can't adjust they become stagnant quickly because they are not developing their young QBs properly.

Edited by matter2003

10 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

The Steelers play the Browns next week.  Think they'll lose?

Oh good lord. Is this your first time watching the NFL? The Bills beat the Jets who beat the Cowboys, therefore the Bills will beat the Cowboys. That's how it always works.

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The 5 win team is winning culture, the 6 win team is not. I absolutely love this board after a loss.

Is called having a winning CULTURE not a winning streak, or winning record. The Bills have yet to win much of anything in the last quarter of a century. Turning the corner is way over due but today was just another lethargic performance from a lackluster QB.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Oh good lord. Is this your first time watching the NFL? The Bills beat the Jets who beat the Cowboys, therefore the Bills will beat the Cowboys. That's how it always works.

The Bills beat the Titans, so no problem when we play the Chiefs in the wildcard game.  Right...

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Is called having a winning CULTURE not a winning streak, or winning record. The Bills have yet to win much of anything in the last quarter of a century.

Right, the last quarter of a century. That is very relevant to our 6-3 record in 2019. The Steelers winning a Super Bowl 10 years ago means their 5-4 record is more impressive today.

I love this board after a loss. It lightens the mood.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Maybe Colts fans are calling for Frank Reich to be fired, I honestly don't know. I'm just not gonna sit here and be mad when the Bills have twice as many wins as losses. It is still the NFL and there are no easy games.

all sixty of them are furious.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Exactly. It was upset week this week.  Double standard if you ask me.  Rudolph and that steelers offense looks just as lackluster as the Bills but somehow they are inherently better culture because past seasons?  Remains to be seen. 

Still Pittsburgh right now now is our biggest rival and we get to play them for a winner take all later this season.  Wouldn’t have it any other way.