Simple poll. Is Josh Allen improving as a passer?

Ramza86

Is Josh Allen improving as a passer?  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh improving as a passer?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But 2 were on the ground and that really has nothing to do with being a good QB. That 1 TD was his only passing TD in his last 3 games for crying out loud. The game before that he had 1 TD and 3 INTs vs the Steelers. He had almost as many TDs vs Miami that he's had in the other 7 games combined. Passing wise he has cooled way off from early in the year, there's is absolutely no denying that.

Take a look at the first 4 games, then the last 4 games. He's not the same QB passing wise.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3916387/lamar-jackson

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

I think it does.  He's still completing 65% of passes at about a 200 YPG clip... and adding 80 per game on the ground.  He's a dynamic playmaker, who plays QB.  It's just different.  His numbers will never match up with other QBs - and that's OK.  They're winning games, and scoring points.  

Once again look at his first four games and the last four games. The Ravens shocked the NFL by coming out slinging the ball to start the year, by games 5-8 the NFL caught on to the passing game and he had to revert back to a running QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Once again look at his first four games and the last four games. The Ravens shocked the NFL by coming out slinging the ball to start the year, by games 5-8 the NFL caught on to the passing game and he had to revert back to a running QB. 

Opponents will play Jackson like Balt played against Tyrod, they will force him to be a QB and beat them that way. Caveat, Lamar is a much more explosive and elusive runner and the 3 TE sets are tougher to defend; Roman has done a damn good job in creating a system around him, but eventually the gaps in the system & Lamar will be exposed . The question is, can Lamar develop enough to overcome that. This is the same question that every young QB has to deal with...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He just had 3 tds against a defense that was undefeated and off to a record start.

Honest question: do you think our record would be different with Mayfield?

Yes,  I think it would be worse.

Beckham was open for what could have been a touchdown on a crucial 4th down against the Denver Broncos last weekend, but Baker Mayfield didn’t see him. He was then overheard by a CBS reporter complaining about not getting the ball, and you can’t really blame him. Both he and Jarvis Landry were open, but Mayfield simply missed them.

While Kitchens and Cleveland’s offensive line deserve much of the blame for the Browns being 2-6, Mayfield has taken a huge step back. He is the only quarterback in the NFL who currently has more interceptions than touchdowns on dropbacks when he’s not pressured, and his passer rating is the lowest in the NFL when he’s not pressured. Given the expectations heading into the season, any wide receiver would be frustrated with how things have gone.

2 hours ago, Tcali said:

slightly. and improving overall as well....slightly.

we should expect more than 1 and 1/2 qtrs of solid football per game.

Still way too much time when nothing really happens.

How do you only see slightly from the last 4 games, I would extend back to game two except for pats*-he is a competent game manager right now which he was not before, he clearly learns during games and his running game can not pick up 3rd and 1 unless he is running, he is more a plus than negative on a 6-2 team. I did not expect him to be this good this fast.

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Your post bumps it up to 18...?

There's no way anybody, fan of the team or not, can honestly say that he hasn't improved from last season. 

From Wyoming (think about that for a sec) to rookie year...and now year 2....c'mon your just trollin' if you think otherwise!

Finished product? No. Nobody is saying that. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

There's no way anybody, fan of the team or not, can honestly say that he hasn't improved from last season. 

From Wyoming (think about that for a sec) to rookie year...and now year 2....c'mon your just trollin' if you think otherwise!

Finished product? No. Nobody is saying that. 

Exactly...I agree 100%

Just bustin’ balls earlier...?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

7 TDs & only 1 INT, in his last 4 games. 6 of the 7 TDs were in the redzone & 5 were to WRs(All weak points last year). Yeah he's improving. 

For comparison...Some are treating Lamar like he's God, he runs a lot I get it, but in his last 4 games he had games of 161 yards, 236 yards, 143 yards & 163 yards with only 2 TDs & 3 INTs. Matter of fact take the Miami game out and he has only 7 TDs & 5 INTs in his other 7 games. 

Did you watch the New England game? The dude is in control and executing that offense confidently at a high rate. He may not be putting up the numbers and I don’t know if it’s sustainable for the long hall, but the dude is ball’n....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Did you watch the New England game? The dude is in control and executing that offense confidently at a high rate. He may not be putting up the numbers and I don’t know if it’s sustainable for the long hall, but the dude is ball’n....

He did have some plays, I'll give you that, but at the end of the day 163 passing and 61 rushing for a total of 224 yards of offense. That's on 39 plays he either passed or ran(23 passes, 16 rushes). Around here if you're not throwing for 300+ yards a game you a failure at QB. Heck if Josh doesn't throw for more than 224 yards this place implodes. 

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He did have some plays, I'll give you that, but at the end of the day 163 passing and 61 rushing for a total of 224 yards of offense. That's on 39 plays he either passed or ran(23 passes, 16 rushes). Around here if you're not throwing for 300+ yards a game you a failure at QB. Heck if Josh doesn't throw for more than 224 yards this place implodes. 

I don’t care about 300 yards. I care about execution. I will say it may only have been one game, but that offense is directly designed to accentuate his strengths and it did what nobody else could do to the New England defense. I can’t say that Daboll is Always doing the same thing here, Yes we are 6-2 but there are long stretches where you just say WTF Daboll. I guess the second half of this season will tell more of that tale.

19 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I don’t care about 300 yards. I care about execution. I will say it may only have been one game, but that offense is directly designed to accentuate his strengths and it did what nobody else could do to the New England defense. I can’t say that Daboll is Always doing the same thing here, Yes we are 6-2 but there are long stretches where you just say WTF Daboll. I guess the second half of this season will tell more of that tale.

Jackson didn't do what 'nobody else could do'...the Pats defense is giving up about 150 yards per game and Jackson threw for 163. He did pretty much what every QB does against the Patriots. The story was Ingram's 7.7 YPC and the Ravens' 210 total rushing yards. 

By comparison, Bills QBs threw for 280 yards against the Patriots. The difference was Jackson didn't throw any picks and Allen threw 3 and Barkley 1.