Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Darragh

Weird stuff happens when we play the Brownies

Recommended Posts

I remember the 8-0 snow game where Moorman had a snap go flying over his head and he kicked it out the back of the end zone for a safety.  First 8-0 game in the NFL since something like 1927.

 

I remember the 6-3 game where Derek Anderson won the game for the Browns by completing 2 passes all afternoon for all of 23 yards.  Bleacher Report called that the "worst game ever" https://bleacherreport.com/articles/270428-worst-game-ever-buffalo-vs-cleveland-review

 

Weird stuff happens against the Browns.  I'm already losing sleep over it.

Edited by Dan Darragh
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at that 6-3 game.  Definitely the worst game I have ever watched.  Really liked when Parrish tried to pick up the ball with 5 Brownies about 10 feet away.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

I remember the 8-0 snow game where Moorman had a snap go flying over his head and he kicked it out the back of the end zone for a safety.  First 8-0 game in the NFL since something like 1927.

 

I remember the 6-3 game where Derek Anderson won the game for the Browns by completing 2 passes all afternoon for all of 23 yards.  Bleacher Report called that the "worst game ever" https://bleacherreport.com/articles/270428-worst-game-ever-buffalo-vs-cleveland-review

 

Weird stuff happens against the Browns.  I'm already losing sleep over it.

Maybe we’ll get to see OBJ and Baker get into a fight

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest worry is Myles Garrett.  The guy is an animal.

Edited by TwistofFate
  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TwistofFate said:

My biggest worry is Miles Garrett.  The guy is an animal.

 

My biggest worry is the ghost of Ralph.  We're talking supernatural stuff here.

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there was the monday night game that Evans and/or Owens were wide open streaming down the field nearly every play and Edwards wouldnt throw it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For people who want to compare McDermott to Jauron....please read that linked article and get back to us.... 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Phil Dawson kill us more than 1 game, or is it just a recurring nightmare of his two long wind-blown FGs in the 8-0 game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

 

My biggest worry is the ghost of Ralph.  We're talking supernatural stuff here.

That will only be an issue against the Jets......(for the Jets of course)

 

 

It does seem like the games against the Browns always end up with the weather being odd and the game being brutal. Anyone check the weather report yet? Cleveland expecting a blizzard this weekend?

Edited by apuszczalowski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TH3 said:

For people who want to compare McDermott to Jauron....please read that linked article and get back to us....  are not paying attention to what is.

 

FIFY  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it’s been the “bum fight” of the NFL for like 20 years, yeah things are gonna get a bit dicey.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TH3 said:

For people who want to compare McDermott to Jauron....please read that linked article and get back to us.... 

 

McDermott is better than Jauron but the philosophical basis for how they coach (or in Jauron's case, attempt to coach) are very similar.  It was a philosophy that had some validity -- and success -- a few decades ago but not in 2019.

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That will only be an issue against the Jets......(for the Jets of course)

 

 

It does seem like the games against the Browns always end up with the weather being odd and the game being brutal. Anyone check the weather report yet? Cleveland expecting a blizzard this weekend?

Tsunami spotted off the coast of Lake Erie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Wiz said:

Tsunami spotted off the coast of Lake Erie. 

Possibly one of those fluke Lake Erie Hurricanes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one of those games where a team tries to right its ship. 

 

Eagles were in a desperation game and they reemed us.

 

If we keep doing dumb things losing 30 yards after being at 1st and goal at the 2 yard line and fumbling and calling the wrong plays....

 

This is a game we know we could have won but ended up losing

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe something really weird happens and Allen goes off for 400 yards and 5 TDs.

  • Like (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

 

My biggest worry is the ghost of Ralph.  We're talking supernatural stuff here.

 

OK, popping this over from another thread but did anyone else notice last night, when the Ravens opened up a 17-0 lead on the Patriots, NBC put up a graphic of Lamar Jackson while playing the theme from Ghostbusters in the background?

 

👻

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bills are 4-4 against the Browns since they were reconstituted in 1999. They have won the last two in convincing fashion (both in Buffalo, in 2014 and 2016), and are 0-2 at Cleveland (the 8-0 snowstorm in 2007 loss and the Monday night loss in 2013 when Jeff Tuel came in for an injured Manuel and threw a pick six that basically cost them the game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Maybe something really weird happens and Allen goes off for 400 yards and 5 TDs.

 

As long as the Bills dont have 5 TO to go with it (AVERT!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Another one of those games where a team tries to right its ship. 

 

Eagles were in a desperation game and they reemed us.

 

If we keep doing dumb things losing 30 yards after being at 1st and goal at the 2 yard line and fumbling and calling the wrong plays....

 

This is a game we know we could have won but ended up losing

 

Maybe if they start going for some big plays more often it would help. You can't always try to go down field in 10 plays. The Bills schedule is harder in the second half. They need to keep their foot on the gas on offense. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

 

My biggest worry is the ghost of Ralph.  We're talking supernatural stuff here.

Wrong opponent.  Sam sees ghosts, not Baker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels like something is going to go wrong.

 

The playing surface is a Kentucky Bluegrass irrigated field, with a sand-soil root zone and an underground heating system that involves nine boilers and 40 miles (64 km) of underground piping.  

 

Maybe the piping is going to burst, flood the field, and turn it into a giant mud pit.

 

Bills/Browns relive the magic of the 6-3 game, and go on record as having played the two worst games in NFL history against each other.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...