Weird stuff happens when we play the Brownies

Dan Darragh

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills are 4-4 against the Browns since they were reconstituted in 1999. They have won the last two in convincing fashion (both in Buffalo, in 2014 and 2016), and are 0-2 at Cleveland (the 8-0 snowstorm in 2007 loss and the Monday night loss in 2013 when Jeff Tuel came in for an injured Manuel and threw a pick six that basically cost them the game).

I was at the game in Cleveland when the Bills won in 2012 when my daughter's boyfriend and family invited me to join them for tailgating.    I remember hundreds of Bills fans in town for that game.  I remember Cleveland fans were quite nice to me and most said they only cared about beating the Steelers. Fitzpatrick was the QB and Tashard Choice was the leading rusher in that game.  Most Cleveland fans left early because it was cold and rainy.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Don't forget Ronnie Harmon followed by Clay Matthews

before youtube a large bunch of fans blamed Kelly for this play....  then the truth came out, even though we had to wait for it...

Just now, row_33 said:

before youtube a large bunch of fans blamed Kelly for this play....  then the truth came out, even though we had to wait for it...

I knew it at the time.

I was screaming for Harmon's head.

But listen to Merlon Olson after that. He summed up Harmon perfectly.

In retrospect, it's a good thing the Bills lost that game, because the Bills could have won in Denver, but they would be 0-5 in SB's as they would have gotten destroyed by that 89 Niners team............. the greatest team of my lifetime.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

In retrospect, it's a good thing the Bills lost that game, because the Bills could have won in Denver, but they would be 0-5 in SB's as they would have gotten destroyed by that 89 Niners team............. the greatest team of my lifetime.

you died before Tom Brady won a Super Bowl?

:D

Just now, row_33 said:

you died before Tom Brady won a Super Bowl?

:D

There isn't one legendary all time NFL team amongst any of NE's championships.

They basically stole that 2001 SB when they had no business even being competitive against the Rams.

Just ask Marshall Faulk and he will tell you. 

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

There isn't one legendary all time NFL team amongst any of NE's championships.

They basically stole that 2001 SB when they had no business even being competitive against the Rams.

Just ask Marshall Faulk and he will tell you. 

Yup, no Pats team will match up to the Bradshaw Steelers for HOF enshrinements or lore

that was Martz psyching himself out to show what a genius he was, ignore Faulk all game long

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

worst ever game, the 0-9 Bills hosted the 1-8 Browns.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198411040buf.htm

Bills were ahead and moving the ball late in the 4th, then

there's film of this.... 2 INCs a fumble return to the house and the heartbreaking clinching score by the Browns on a fumbled reception....

My first ever game in person, had just turned 9!

It’s been all downhill since!!

Just now, 4_kidd_4 said:

My first ever game in person, had just turned 9!

It’s been all downhill since!!

i recall it being a deluge of rain, but the friend who was with me said it wasn't that bad after the game started.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i recall it being a deluge of rain, but the friend who was with me said it wasn't that bad after the game started.

I just remember the cold rain, I was 9 my little brother was 5, we were bundled properly, but watched from the upper deck tunnel. My dad wisely called it a day at the half.

1 minute ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I just remember the cold rain, I was 9 my little brother was 5, we were bundled properly, but watched from the upper deck tunnel. My dad wisely called it a day at the half.

you didn't have that half second of joy when the ball popped out to basically seal the Bills first win that season?

i was 18 that year, not a clue how i got to that game.

Edited by row_33

26 minutes ago, Dave in Bluffton said:

I was at the game in Cleveland when the Bills won in 2012 when my daughter's boyfriend and family invited me to join them for tailgating.    I remember hundreds of Bills fans in town for that game.  I remember Cleveland fans were quite nice to me and most said they only cared about beating the Steelers. Fitzpatrick was the QB and Tashard Choice was the leading rusher in that game.  Most Cleveland fans left early because it was cold and rainy.

I neglected to include that game.  Thanks. They're 1-2 there then and 5-4 overall against Browns 2.0. 

It will all hinge on whether we can stop the run. If we can hold Chubb and Hunt in check then we should be able to win the game. I do worry about Dawkins and Ford/Nsekhe facing Garrett though. Hopefully there is a gameplan in place that takes advantage of his aggressiveness. Slip screens, draw plays(with the RB's and not Josh), and some quick passes. Another thing I am hoping to see is someone light Landry's b**** a** UP out there on a crossing route or something. I could live with a 15 yarder as long as his dirty a** is leveled on Sunday. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bad things, maaaannn....

Not a Browns game, but one of the more weird things I've seen in a Bills game is that Pats game from 2008 where the wind was so bad the goalposts were bent over. I can't recall if that 6-3 turdfest had high winds or if that was the 8-0 blizzard. 

Browns are hangin' by a thread in terms of the playoff picture. I just don't think Kitchens has enough buy-in and trust from that team to get them to rally. Lot of egos, lot of aggravation when things aren't going their way, etc. I wonder at what point players will start checking out and looking towards next season where they might be hoping they'll be playing elsewhere or at least under a different staff if they stay in Cleveland. 

A weird thing I'd like to see happen is an all-out dominant Bills victory. No hanging on by the opponent, no tripping over themselves at the two yard line and going backwards for three straight plays, etc. Also, no overly-cutesy/creative stuff from Daboll. Don't get me wrong, I think he has some creative play designs and the pre-snap motion seems to be effective at times, but at some point they really need to define their bread and butter plays and build around that in order to create an identity.