Why not Fire Gase now?

4merper4mer

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I remember seeing those boards after week 1 and I was shocked with how many posters had Darnold locked in as a tried and true franchise QB, while Allen was proven as garbage-heap bound.  

Even now, I wouldn't bet on either of these guys either way.  

I would feel pretty good as a Dolphins fan.  Flores seems to have motivated these guys to come back and really compete every week.  Bodes well for the future, especially with a glut of picks and salary freedom.

Edited by May Day 10

The Jets made the same mistake the Bills did with Rex Ryan.  Never hire a coach who was just fired the season before.  All they do is continue doing the things that got themselves fired in the first place.  Need time for self reflection and identify what went wrong. 

Miami's players quit on Gase and I suspect the Jets quit on him by game two of the season.  

I think he's a smart Xs and 0s guy but he's not good at managing or leading people.  

Edited by dpberr

so the Jets have a franchise QB, a Pro Bowl RB, an otherwise strong roster and they still find a way to screw this up. Jets fans should be issued hazmat suits. 

We should be thankful that we got Beane and Clappy as a package deal. The Pegs deserve credit for hiring a coach and GM who are philosophically aligned. Can anyone doubt we are headed in the right direction? 

• Like (+1) 1