Why not Fire Gase now?

4merper4mer

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

But will he be able to look Gase in the eyes and fire him?

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Why did Miami want to win this game?  That is what I don't get.

The coach wants to win that's his job. The FO might be kind of like this right now.

Image result for the fuck gif

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Why did Miami want to win this game?  That is what I don't get.

This is why you can’t tank in the NFL.  No matter how much the owner may want it and the coach might understand it, you’ll never get players to do it.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

But will he be able to look Gase in the eyes and fire him?

The coach wants to win that's his job. The FO might be kind of like this right now.

Image result for the fuck gif

Maybe they trade Fitz this week to straighten things out?

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This is why you can’t tank in the NFL.  No matter how much the owner may want it and the coach might understand it, you’ll never get players to do it.  

They are tanking and it’s working. It just turns out that nobody can outsuck the Cincinnati Bengals. They have decades of practice at this.

Also, the coach needs to be in on it. If Flores wasn’t coaching for future jobs, he might just mail in the 0-16 by starting Josh Rosen.

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Really.  Looked like the Jet players wanted it, especially Darnold.  Only takes one or two snaps past a QB to lose.

Why fire Gase? It might hurt your draft position.

Edited by Greybeard

Maybe Base secretly works for the Patriots. His job is to run all the other AFC East teams into the ground.

If he's looking for a quality control job next year in Buffalo, don't hire him McDermott!

1 minute ago, Greybeard said:

Really.  Looked like the Jet players wanted it, especially Darnold.  Only takes one or two snaps past a QB to lose.

Don't confuse ineptitude with tanking.  I just don't believe that players aren't out there trying to lose games.  They can come out flat, execute poorly, or get smacked around.  But you can't convince me that any NFL player walks onto the field with the intention to tank.  They are also playing for their next contract and jobs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1