Why not Fire Gase now?

4merper4mer

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, having fired their GM at Gase’s behest and so forth, it would make the Jets ownership look kind of dumb

May be he will be given the time and responsibility to build a team to his liking.  May be the folks currently on this team are NOT his players.  

Just now, eball said:

Ha, whoops.  Don't know why I thought Thomas.

Your point stands though.... they are in a tough spot. Gase picked the GM and now it turns out (like should have been obvious to them from the start) that Gase stinks. I think Joe Douglas has potential to be a good GM. He is highly rated in league circles. If I am Chris Johnson I fire Adam Gase at the end of the year taking that decision out of Douglas's hands and then put him in full control of the process for hiring the next guy.... and the only guy he is not allowed to hire is Adam Gase.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Your point stands though.... they are in a tough spot. Gase picked the GM and now it turns out (like should have been obvious to them from the start) that Gase stinks. I think Joe Douglas has potential to be a good GM. He is highly rated in league circles. If I am Chris Johnson I fire Adam Gase at the end of the year taking that decision out of Douglas's hands and then put him in full control of the process for hiring the next guy.... and the only guy he is not allowed to hire is Adam Gase.

You and I have pretty consistently bashed the Gase hire from the get-go and it still amazes me that anyone thought that guy deserved a 2nd chance so quickly after flaming out in Miami.

The Dallas win for the Jets now looks like it will wind up as the most improbable result of the season.  My 0-7 thread was really dead on.

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Douglas*

I honestly think the a Jets have put themselves in a very difficult place.  The hired a coach that did not get along with the GM.  

Let that GM run FA and the draft where they got guys that did not fit what they wanted and way overpayed.

Sided with the coach after the draft and booted the GM to the curb.

Let the coach make trades for a couple of weeks while doing a token GM search.

Hire a guy that was basically the coaches choice (he may or may not be able to run a team). 

Let that GM and coach go through a trade deadline where they traded a former top 10 for a 3rd and 5th and took offers on several other very vocal players, but refused to make trades because they overvalued the players. 

Now on top of a losing culture and some already toxic culture - you have a bunch of vocal players that know they are not wanted.

Now the coach that you hired to fix everything you realize is a moron and now you are stuck with all of the rest of his choices - even getting rid of him - you still have his GM - so how much leeway does he have - do you let him hire a new coach, but if the talent does not come (FA May be Leary) - now you are firing a GM with a coach in place or do you clean house and get rid of the coach and GM and try to build this right?

It is just crazy.  Glad it is not us for once.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 3