Does McD survive this year?

MAJBobby

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Let me start off by saying not a chicken little thread and I know that we are 5-2 and still have a favorable schedule to get to the playoffs. But that also goes to what I am about to say. 

Let’s say the Bills do not right the ship. If this season goes like seasons in the past of collapsing down the stretch after a 5-1 now 5-2 start does McD survive?  

With all the talk of the DNA and Standards and Process you you think McD survives a Bills collapse?  

BTW add another Blowout loss to the McD resume. 

?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Cool Next week you can use the same Gif when I post the Fire McD thread

I'll have it primed and ready to go. 

Here's some helpful thread starters for you- feel free to borrow:

"Im not saying we need to fire McD... But we need to fire McD." 

"I don't hate our coach, but if I was in a room with our coach and Hitler and had a gun with one bullet, the bills would be looking for a new coach." 

"Obviously there's a lot of season left, and things could change, and I still believe in McD. But we really need to start having the conversation about whether or not McD is the answer." 

"It doesn't matter that we won. We aren't going anywhere with this coach. Don't tell me about the record. It's time for change." 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Let me start off by saying not a chicken little thread and I know that we are 5-2 and still have a favorable schedule to get to the playoffs. But that also goes to what I am about to say. 

Let’s say the Bills do not right the ship. If this season goes like seasons in the past of collapsing down the stretch after a 5-1 now 5-2 start does McD survive?  

With all the talk of the DNA and Standards and Process you you think McD survives a Bills collapse?  

BTW add another Blowout loss to the McD resume. 

You correctly state that a collapse is unlikely with this schedule.  But if this team somehow goes 2-7 the rest of the way, then yes, McDermott should be in trouble.  7-9 vs. this schedule is really more like 4-12 or 5-11 in any other year.  

Just now, whatdrought said:

I'll have it primed and ready to go. 

Here's some helpful thread starters for you- feel free to borrow:

"Im not saying we need to fire McD... But we need to fire McD." 

"I don't hate our coach, but if I was in a room with our coach and Hitler and had a gun with one bullet, the bills would be looking for a new coach." 

"Obviously there's a lot of season left, and things could change, and I still believe in McD. But we really need to start having the conversation about whether or not McD is the answer." 

"It doesn't matter that we won. We aren't going anywhere with this coach. Don't tell me about the record. It's time for change." 

Dont need them, because when I decide it is time to move on from someone I am very obvious with it.  See my Tyrod Taylor Threads

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I am asking ONLY.. but hasn’t McD earned a little bit of leeway since he broke the 19 year? Drought of not being in the playoffs and probably getting them there again this year? So 2/3 years in the big dance isn’t bad. And doing it with a 2nd year QB pretty good as Well..  

McD can get a lot out of what talent he has.  In 2017, like this year, the Bills have good to very good talent with maybe one or two as elite.  McD also does not beat good teams and tends to get out-coached.  Also, in 2017 if the miracle of Dalton to Boyd doesn't happen, there is no playoffs.  I'm glad we finally got the monkey off our backs, but it was very fortunate.  Yes,  Josh Allen is a second year QB still growing into the position and experiencing a lot of pains in doing so.

Why shouldn't he? I think it's starting to become clear the team is over achieving probably due to coaching.

In my opinion, i think they will falter now, and fall back into the pack, possibly backing into the playoffs at 9-7

in best case scenario. I just don't see this team hanging with better teams.

10 minutes ago, Luka said:

Uh... what? Daboll is somehow getting credit for the GOAT's production? Funny, McDaniels tried that to and crashed and burned.

2012 Chiefs: 32nd ranked offense.

2011 Dolphins: 20th ranked offense.

2010 Browns: 31st ranked offense.

2009 Browns: 29th ranked offense.

Daboll is a fraud. His only successful stint as an OC was with Bama and that had a lot more to do with Bama being Bama.

And sorry but Bama offense aint gonna work in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Are you saying Allen isnt smart enough to run this offense because the Pats have been dominating with this offense for almost 2 decades

Having a system and being able to call the right plays at the right time within it are 2 different things.  Daboll may understand this system from having learned it on the Patriots, but the truth is as an OC, the man has not had an offense in the top 15 anytime in his career. One lucky year under Saban and he gets the call up. Sorry, but the man is not ready for prime-time and YES, he is stunting Allen's growth. 

Allen now plays hesitant. His gunslinger and do what it takes with your legs style has been neutered in an attempt to turn him into a pocket passer. He is playing at 70% capacity like this and no team is going to fear Allen in the pocket or Gore as a lead back. Open it up like Baltimore has and let Allen use his legs as a weapon and teams need to back off.  

This offense is clearly not working, other than the fact that John Brown can catch Allen's off-target balls with ease. No one else has the hands on this offense as is evident by the drops.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's amazing how large the tail of the bell curve gets on Monday after a loss....

i usually got 96 on exams where people whined for the bell curve, on normal stuff it wasn't so great

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

It isnt.  It is a question that I knew would spark debate.  And is a question grounded in History.

And many have responded with No, that they could collapse this year and he would still be back

Others said He would be but would cost Coordinators their jobs.

See a TROLL thread would be FIRE McD.

If McDermott takes the Bills to the playoffs again this year (2 out of 3 years) will you stop with the History crap?

My guess would be NO you will not.  

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

If McDermott takes the Bills to the playoffs again this year (2 out of 3 years) will you stop with the History crap?

My guess would be NO you will not.  

If they dont Collapse under this coaching staff (like they have in the past coaching staffs) then yes that Collapse narrative goes away.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

2-1 since the bye with a loss to the team that won the Superbowl two years ago.. In fact, our only losses are against the most recent SB winners.

You also don't know if they are a bad team. You don't know anything except what the record says.. which is 5-2.

Yes. Emotional loss. Emotions are high after that loss.. Why is that confusing? 

Oh cool! More "what ifs" on top of your hypothetical.

I have a couple too...

What if Josh Allen doesn't throw those interceptions vs. NE. What if he doesn't get hurt. What if he doesn't fumble that football against the Eagles. What if Hyde doesn't take a bad angle on the Sanders run. What if we had drafted Tom Brady. What if we had traded for Bill Bellicheck. What if the earth was flat. What if we're actually in the matrix?

I get where you're coming from, and you're entitled to whatever opinion you desire and I'm not faulting you that at all... That being said, you might want to find an umbrella cause your "not a chicken little" post is coming across a little "sky is probably falling". 

;)

'You don't know anything except what the record says.. which is 5-2.'

Disagree that we 'dont know anything except what the record says'.

From yesterday's game we know they are a 5-1 team not as good as a 3-4 team!

Whilst it IS a record which suggests a 'good' team, the eagles were 3-4 and outplayed us by quite alot remember. Maybe their games were tougher?

In using the record to tell how good the team is, after being beat by a 3-4 team it is understandable to factor in who they played and who they have beaten etc. The games the bills won were close, you are right that the two losses were against two recent Superbowl teams/ coaches.

The record will be the main thing that matters but that will be at the end of the season, not now. 

Edited by london_bills

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

I'm going to hold you to that.

Not worried about it, because absence a collapse then one could say they have changed the recent history of this team and that would be a good thing for all involved.